T Nation

One Day at a Time

Hello everyone my name is Mike LePree, I am 23 years old, a former powerlifter/strength nut, and now a clinically obese person working their way to a life of leanness. Being overweight my whole life, and always known as the bigger guy I basically was always embarrassed by how I looked for most of my life. I basically at 23 years old truly hit the pinnacle of my self loathing of my body.

Now let me explain a little bit about myself. I have been an athlete my whole life, I played football, wrestling, track, karate, powerlifting, strongman. During that time I was always obsessed with strength, I believe it is the ultimate expression of life, for in the gym, and out of it. Because of me trying to lose weight my whole life I read non stop about everything fitness related, and then strength related, I have read so many books, website articles, scientific journals, and more and more books. I also discovered this website many years ago, and when I did it was like a breath of fresh air, and in sense re-invigorated everything I thought I ever knew.

All of this has led me to my future career as a Strength and Conditioning Coach. I feel free in the gym, and learning, and teaching, so I figured I can never do a regular 9-5, so this is for me, it would allow me to do all I want to do.

So back to the fat loss. I have stalked this website for years and learned about a T-Nation Legend…John “Synergy” Schlecht…who happens to live literally 25 minutes away from me. I hired him to train me, and his girlfriend Casie to do my nutrition which is the biggest thing for me. The 80% kitchen, and 20% gym phrase literally follows into this. And since I have hired them I have seen results that in 1 month, that would of taken me 3 years by myself to do. I am growing confidence by the day, and a liking of my body. I have been learning to eat better. Simply put, my life is changing, and it is only getting better every single day.

My muscles are exploding, and fat is being destroyed. Learning from John, and Casie has been an experience. John is possibly one of the smartest, and most un-tapped training resources on the planet. I have talked to some of the greatest minds in training this planet has to offer, and John is blowing them away. He is so smart, has so many working idea’s it’s nuts. If you are looking to really take shit to the next level he will take you there, It’s only been 1 month and a half since I started working with him, and I have never questioned that decision from the moment I did it.

So I thought I’d share my progress pics so far.

Picture 1 is the morning before I started training with John, and Casie.
Picture 2 is the pic the day after 1 and a half months, of working with John and Casie.

I hope you enjoy. There will be more to come. Also The camera on my phone blows and doesn’t give great detail, but if you could see, me in real life versus a picture, it is quite different.

Have a great day everyone

Inspirational story and attitude. Best of luck reaching your goals, and please do post updates.

I’m not sure why the second pic didn’t post but here it is. The 1 month after.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Inspirational story and attitude. Best of luck reaching your goals, and please do post updates.[/quote]

Thank you I will without a doubt keep it updated, I also posted the second pic because it didnt happen the first time.

Good for you, man! My goals and starting point are very similar, and I can’t wait to see what further changes you experience over the next year.

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:
Good for you, man! My goals and starting point are very similar, and I can’t wait to see what further changes you experience over the next year.[/quote]

hey brother I appreciate it alot. I am actually finishing up the last week for this months block of training, and then starting a whole new block of training, that will be extra special. I am actually doing the bodybuilding.com 100k challenge, so we will see how it goes. All I know is I will be training hard for it, and I am in it to win it.

So I will keep it updated.

Hey everybody here is a new update pic.

Excited to see your progress; keep up the good work.

First, I’d like to congratulate you on taking positive steps to lose weight. You are way too young to be morbidly obese. I do have a couple questions. In no way am I criticizing you for hiring a trainer and someone to do your diet. You are obviously in good hands. With a passion for research and strength, I am curious why you couldn’t write a basic diet and exercise plan to lose weight? Or is this more of a self discipline issue?

Good luck!