One Bodypart or the other?

Welp, I just finished the Luke Sauder Calf Routine and my calves did grow, about 1/2 inch, but looks bigger than that. Only problem is now my squat is down. It seems like every time I focus on one body part, the others I leave out (or train second) lag behind. For instance, I’m now doing Ian’s 12 week Chest & Back program because before I was concentrating on forearms and neck (always did them first). This gave me less energy for chest and back so I reduced volume and weight. Consequently, my strength decreased and my size too. Now that I’m doing the Chest & Back program, it looks like my forearms are getting smaller, which happen to be my weakpoint.

If I look back, whenever I focus on a bodypart, I always improve (size and strength). I feel like I’m going in a circle. I think after this 12 week program I’ll focus on power lifts to bring up my poundage in the core exercises. Any one have good ways of doing that? Also, I need a good leg program while on the Chest & Back program. I’ve done the Limping program so I need something else. Please help. Thanks.

As far as squats or even your forearms. You can always do them on your off days to keep them up while on another program. Squats can be done in a 10/8/6/4/2 fashion. This is all you need for legs, while on an Ian King chest/back. Remember it is too keep up strenth only. I’d use the 10 as a semi-warmup, then the rest to near failure (not complete).

At the risk of sounding obvious, you probably need to eat more. If your bodyweight & caloric intake are always the same, and if you’ve been training for a while (which it sounds like you have), you may be close enough to your genetic limits that every time you improve one part your body has to take energy/strength from another to do it. Sort of a “robbing Peter to pay Paul” situation. But if you make yourself bigger, you’ll have more leeway to make improvements in one spot without losing anything in another. Hope this helps.

Currently, Chris, I’m eating 6000 calories a day. I weigh between 185-190 lbs. Right now I’m doing 20% fat, 20% protein, and 60% carbs. I’m carb tolerant, meaning I don’t put on fat from eating them due to my extremely fast metabolism. After three weeks of this diet, I’ll switch to the Mass phase of the Anabolic Diet eating 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs. Both diets have me consuming well over 300g of protein. My nutrition is fine. I feel I’m nearing my genetic limit.