One Arm Workout

This is my first post here on the site, hope I don’t get flamed out of here :slight_smile:
There was an article a couple of months ago that was just what I needed. ‘The one arm dumbbell workout’ was what I had been looking for! Just a little background info, May 1, 2005 I had an accident and broke my right brachial plexus, the wire that makes the arm/hand work.

I started working out again after a few months in the hospital. I then found Dan John’s article. It was EXACTLY what was needed! After 2 months of it I need some ideas for more exercises. Please give me any ideas. I have looked on the site and here was my last plan:

Day 1
Incline DB bench 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 3-5
DB bench 10, 8, 8, 6
bent over DB row 15, 12, 10
stomach exercises

Day 2
one hand clean and press, press as many as possible and then waiter walks - I would get three sets of each exercise and by then I was pretty beat
stomach exercises

Day 3
DB bench on a swiss ball 12, 10, 8, 5, 5
Incline bench press 12, 10, 8, 6
seated cable row 12, 12, 10, 10
bent over one arm DB row 12, 12, 10
stomach exercises

any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

no one has any ideas? please give me a little help fellas :slight_smile:

You should be able to use the search engine and find this program. I often use it or Google to find exactly what I’m looking for on this site. Though this program is different, it may be helpful in your journey.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1596243

The workout you posted is all upper body push and pull, you need some lower body in there. I’d go with Rippetoe’s Starting Strength or Bill Starr’s 5x5. You can always just use dumbbells on all the lifts

thank you for the help Rasslore. I did look for different workouts yet never found the one you are talking about. It’s no excuse, but my lack of experience was why I did allot of chest pushing exercises. Thanks again!

You defiantly need some lower body stuff. Take this opportunity to concentrate on lower body work.

I’ve seen a VERY Jacked Dude who broke his arm do a lot of inventive stuff by using Cables and Ab Straps. Attach some Ab straps to the cable crossover machine and you’ll be able to do a variety of sans-arms exercises.

i thought this was about having one big arm and one small one

Is this what you were looking for?
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459205

I wasn’t looking for that specific workout, that was the original workout I was talking about. Thanks again for the all the help fellas :slight_smile:

Lower body stuff has to be hard with one arm too.

Lots of good stuff you can do. Check out this site:

www.xlathlete.com

this isn’t pertaining to a one arm workout, but I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread. Has anyone heard of doing 2 types of calf raises, like straight and bent knee calf raises. Is it anything that has any value? Thanks again guys :slight_smile: