One Arm is Growing Faster

I am right handed. My right arm is getting noticeably bigger than my left. I train them equally or at least try to. My left arm feels a little weaker when doing DB curls and DB tricep exercises, but I keep the reps the same (sometimes I need to cheat a little on the left). Any other DB exercise both sides are equal. I never allow a bar to lean when using a bar for various exercises. In fact I have no problem with a bar.

I don’t want to continue to grow and end up looking like a fiddler crab with one huge and one small pincher down the road, so I am humbly asking for help.

I do a 3x week split.

Mon. - chest biceps abs

Wed. - legs triceps abs

Fri. - back shoulders lats

I keep reps 5-7 and train to failure

3 different exercises per body part

4 sets per exercise

When I noticed my right arm growing faster a few weeks ago, I began to push the left harder. When both arms are fatigued, with dumbbells, I push my left arm further with assistance accentuating the negative and sometimes flat out negative sets. That has not worked yet. My next move is to hit the left arm more later in the week, but not to failure.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for the help,

Pete

Masturbate with the other hand

The crabs are fiddler crabs, and you’ll need to incorporate unilateral movements to start to even out the differences.

But rest assured no one is perfectly symmetrical, not even the pros, so don’t kill yourself over it.

My left bicep is a little bigger and my right one is a little stronger. I’m right handed and have a feeling it’s at least partially because my right arm is more coordinated. I don’t know if this will help you, but I started doing plain old fashioned olympic barbell curls and conciously favoring my right arm. It’s actually catching up.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
My left bicep is a little bigger and my right one is a little stronger. I’m right handed and have a feeling it’s at least partially because my right arm is more coordinated. I don’t know if this will help you, but I started doing plain old fashioned olympic barbell curls and conciously favoring my right arm. It’s actually catching up.[/quote]

What’s funny to me is that I’m right handed, and my right bicep is bigger than my left, but my left tricep is bigger than my right. That makes my left arm just a bit bigger in circumference than my right. I can’t explain it.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I know some people have told me I am a piece of shit and should not pollute these forums with my posts, but I was hoping maybe someone would not mind helping me out with advice.[/quote]

a) Unless you happened to catch a half-nude, adult male on candid camera, I’m going to assume that’s you in your profile pics.

If I’m right so far, continue reading. If not, skip to c):

b) Quit whining and act your age. If you want to act like a child, why not give us the silent treatment instead of sulking? If you’re in a tiff with a member here, you can do a few things: talk to them through PM, punch a pillow, spank the monkey, or GET OVER IT. Making a random, uncalled for, huffy comment as the intro to your post ain’t the way to go, big guy. Same goes for the profile- I don’t know what kinda calculators they have down there in Virginia, but up North, “I am a fat ass, so I am stupid” ain’t a number.

You think you’re the only person to be flamed once or twice on these forums? I’m pretty sure MOST people’s asses have acted as a charcoal briquette from time to time.

c) How much bigger is your right arm than left? As you are a beginner, I’m going to guess you’re probably the only one who notices the size difference. The more mass you put on, the less noticeable it will become. Leftie might even catch up.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I don’t want to continue to grow and end up looking like one of those crabs with one huge and one small pincher down the road, so I am humbly asking for help.[/quote]

Very few, if any, people’s arms are EXACTLY the same size. But, if you’re gonna stress over it, my advice would be to start working your left arm first for unilateral exercises, then performing the same amount of work (weight, sets, reps) with your right arm. At least for a while.

[quote]conner wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
I know some people have told me I am a piece of shit and should not pollute these forums with my posts, but I was hoping maybe someone would not mind helping me out with advice.

a) Unless you happened to catch a half-nude, adult male on candid camera, I’m going to assume that’s you in your profile pics.

b) Quit whining and act your age. If you want to act like a child, why not give us the silent treatment instead of sulking? If you’re in a tiff with a member here, you can do a few things: talk to them through PM, punch a pillow, spank the monkey, or GET OVER IT. Making a random, uncalled for, huffy comment as the intro to your post ain’t the way to go, big guy. Same goes for the profile- I don’t know what kinda calculators they have down there in Virginia, but up North, “I am a fat ass, so I am stupid” ain’t a number.

You think you’re the only person to be flamed once or twice on these forums? I’m pretty sure MOST people’s asses have acted as a charcoal briquette from time to time.

c) How much bigger is your right arm than left? As you are a beginner, I’m going to guess you’re probably the only one who notices the size difference. The more mass you put on, the less noticeable it will become. Leftie might even catch up.

Petedacook wrote:
I don’t want to continue to grow and end up looking like one of those crabs with one huge and one small pincher down the road, so I am humbly asking for help.

Very few, if any, people’s arms are EXACTLY the same size. But, if you’re gonna stress over it, my advice would be to start working your left arm first for unilateral exercises, then performing the same amount of work (weight, sets, reps) with your right arm. At least for a while.[/quote]

OK. Your right. Thanks for the advice.

I am right handed and m left arm masures bigger than the right. My right arm has better def. and a higher peak, the left has a longer bicep belly. My arms are shapped differently but are not toooo noticable. Some of it has to do with which arm you carry every day items in, like if you carry groceries in and you always place the heavy bags in the left hand so you can open the door with your right. This beleive it or not over time will cause an imbalance. Hope this helps… GOOD LUCK!

[quote]conner wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
I know some people have told me I am a piece of shit and should not pollute these forums with my posts, but I was hoping maybe someone would not mind helping me out with advice.

Petedacook wrote:
I don’t want to continue to grow and end up looking like one of those crabs with one huge and one small pincher down the road, so I am humbly asking for help.

Very few, if any, people’s arms are EXACTLY the same size. But, if you’re gonna stress over it, my advice would be to start working your left arm first for unilateral exercises, then performing the same amount of work (weight, sets, reps) with your right arm. At least for a while.[/quote]

Good post!

Update:

I had been hitting the left arm during the week, doing DB curls during rest of other body part. The left started catching up, but within 2 weeks I began feeling pains in my should and bicep tedons.

CRAB PEOPLE!!!

I couldnt find the picture i wanted, but theres some of Schwarzenneger that shows one of his arms to be bigger, AND a different shape to the other. Yet he was one of the best bodybuilders to ever live!

My point is, dont fret over it. Keep lifting, ensure symmetry in your movements in the gym and over time it should even out to the point where no one notices. And realistically, your probably far more aware of it than anyone else right now.

Dont expect it to even out tomorrow though, these things take time.

Keep lifting!