T Nation

One Arm Chin-Up (Oac)

I have the strong belief the Oac deserves it's own thread.
The one arm chin up has been my training-lifelong dream. In fact I found out T-Nation while searching how to master this beastly skill (beastskills.com).

After about two years training with the one arm chin in mind, I was able to do one at the beginning of summer, but then stopped training it for a while. This fall, my aim is to be able to do a few of these, while still being strong in all the basics like squatz, deadlifts and bench.

Does anyone else on T-Nation have the same goal as me?
I'll post my progress in this thread, and anyone is invited to post their Oac experience.

Maybe this isn't the right forum for the post
A lot of strongmen can do chinups...but I doubt any serious competitors (read 105kgs plus) could do them.

If I am wrong...I need to start training for them

(not to discredit any strongman competitors that are of a lighter body weight)

why stop at one arm? go for one finger!

A few years back I trained for the Oac and finally got to the point where I could do one rep. Unfortunately now with weight gain and lack of training for oac I can't do it anymore. It's a serious aspiration though, more power to you.

Just got to this level myself. Huge strain on my arm however so I now only pull it out for party trick purposes. Took me roughly one year of chinups to be able to complete one rep.

This is one of my goals. Wat type of chinup routine did you use?

I can do 3\4 of an Oac. I am working on it. I'm doing a lot of upper back and grip work, as well as chins EOD.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

yes i would

your tendons and liagments are going

THE OAP IS A SKILL MOVEMENT LIKE A HANDSTAND.ITS A MOVEMENT THAT PUTS 175 % ON THE TENDONS FIRST.I BEEN STUNY THE MOVEMENT FOR 10 YEARS

SORRY STUDY

I AM KNOWN AS ON AN OLD CLIMBERS SITE AS SAMSON

SORRY STUDY

STUDY THE TYPE OF STRENGTH IT IS AND SKILL.

SKILL FIRST,,,

Anyone from T-Nation who can do an OAC? Please post your video.

that was one of the most impressive things i have ever seen :\

i had a stroke 8 years ago I could do it,, so Im trying to do one now