On Yer Bike!

"Chris Malloy claims his flying machine, which is ridden like a bike but has horizontal propellers instead of wheels, will reach altitudes of up to 3,000m (10,000ft) and speeds of more than 270kph (170mph).

But the 32-year-old’s creation has so far remained tethered just a few metres off the ground.

“I am still ground testing at the moment, only because I’m not 100 per cent sure what will happen so the straps are there to cover the unknown!” he said.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/867764-man-builds-the-hoverbike-the-worlds-first-flying-motorbike#ixzz1QeIbX0Tj"

Although I lol’d at the fact he hasn’t actually ridden it yet - I’m so fuckin excited about this. I’ve wanted one of these since I was like 7 or something and, sniff, the reality is just round the corner!

Ha…my mom says “On yer bike!” all the time.

I gotta find a Kawasaki Ninja.

Very cool! :slight_smile:
It makes sense he hasn’t taken it for a spin he only has the one(the prototype) he needs to get the money together to make a second so he can test it.
Also 45mins on one tank of gas? Yikes I hope that’s because the tank is really small.

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:
It makes sense he hasn’t taken it for a spin he only has the one(the prototype) he needs to get the money together to make a second so he can test it.
Also 45mins on one tank of gas? Yikes I hope that’s because the tank is really small.[/quote]

I’d take 45 mins and be happy =P

[quote]Stern wrote:

Also 45mins on one tank of gas? Yikes I hope that’s because the tank is really small.[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you ran out of gas in the air.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Unless you ran out of gas in the air.[/quote]

Meh, stop harshening my buzz!

Obviously we know very little about the machine but shouldn’t this guy be at MIT instead of building stuff in his garage?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Obviously we know very little about the machine but shouldn’t this guy be at MIT instead of building stuff in his garage?[/quote]

Yea struck me as odd as well. I mean surely there are plenty of other design prototypes out there that just haven’t worked out for some reason or another?

I’m assuming you can mount “phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range” on the sides?

I’ve had one of these for thousands of years now.

This guy is using demon technology on Earth. Its not ethical by the demon rulebook at all.

I mean…he’s an asshole really.

That’s like if I bottled my. Blood and sold it as the cure for imaginary lat syndrome.

Which it most certainly would cure

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I’m assuming you can mount “phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range” on the sides?[/quote]

Some fucking pewpew! Now this thread’s gathering some steam!

Plasma rifles. Harpoon/hooks. Saddlebags. Sidecar. The future of motorcycle gangs is looking good ^^

I geeked out on this thing. He said he doesn’t have any gyroscopes to keep it upright yet, so its a good idea to keep the straps on. When I read this I thought of a project being worked on at Michigan (I think that school) where they are increasing the efficiency of combustion engines. It would be a great mix.