I would really appreciate some help if anyone could give it.
Just to give some quick info:
- 22 y/o
- Been on trt for a year and it resolved the issues that I was having to a great extent (low libido, constant tiredness, brain fog, generally poor sense of wellbeing).
- My dosing protocol is 150mg Test Cyp per week (injections twice per week), 0.25mg Adex EOD and 500 IU HCG twice per week
- I chose to run trenbolone acetate at 275mg/wk for 2 weeks in order to gauge side effects as I had planned to run it in the future (I have aspirations of making something of myself in the fitness industry). The tren seemed legitimate as I experienced the usual side effects.
- I ran Cabergoline at 0.25mg E3D.
- Before the tren my libido was great and when I started, it practically disappeared.
- It has now been over 2 months since I discontinued the trenbolone and my libido has not greatly improved.
- I took the cabergoline for about one month after I finished the tren as I believed my low libido was caused by high prolactin.
Here is some bloodwork that was taken 1 month after the tren
FREE T3 7.5 pmol/L 3.10 - 6.80
FREE THYROXINE 20.4 pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 2.12 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.20
TESTOSTERONE 69.9 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 1.79 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 45.2 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 39.6 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
PROLACTIN 21.5 mIU/L 86.00 - 324.00
After receiving this bloodwork it seemed that the problem was in fact low prolactin / low estrogen so I stopped the caber and the ai, however this did little to help.
I adjusted my Adex dosage, waited another month and have just received my latest test results:
PROGESTERONE 0.16 nmol/L 0.70 - 4.30
PROLACTIN 268.00 mIU/L 86.00 - 324.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 74.5 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99
The prolactin and estrogen are now almost perfect so it seems that progesterone is the problem. This is where I was hoping for some help as I don’t know much about progesterone and it seems hard to find reliable information about it elsewhere.
Here are some questions I have:
- Is the low progesterone likely to be the cause of my low libido and other symptoms? (I have also been experiencing some mild depression and insomnia).
- What is the likely cause of my low progesterone? I also regularly take caffeine preworkouts and thought there may be a link to adrenal fatigue.
- What is the best way to increase progesterone? I have heard pregnenolone can be taken, is this advised?
- Any other advice welcome.
Many thanks for reading.