T Nation

On TRT but No Sex Drive/Libido

Hallo sirs!

New here but heard so much good about this place and that this is the go to place when having trouble.

My trouble!

Man. 53 years old
On 250 mg test (Enanthate) a week for 10 weeks now.
Taking a mild AI (Triazole by DS Sports)
First: Felt awsome!
Sleep good
Sexdrive and libido like I was 18
Training and energy = Top

Now:
I go to sleep around 2200.
Wake up like 0300-0400 and can not go to sleep again.
Have a libido when I wake up but then there is no more libido that day even if my wife tries hard.
Penis size seems to have decreased.
My energy is good and training goes really good.
Size and strenght goes up, bodyfat down.

So what do you think?
Estrogen? To low/high? Other endocrine problems?
But… Were do I start?

Thank you all T’s!

/Ministry

You’re not taking an AI, you’re taking snake oil. You need a proper AI for your steroid cycle.

High estradiol leads to insomnia for many men. It can also result in decreased libido.

Also, injecting 250 mg once per week is going to result in a spike of T. The spike of T is then converted to estrogen/estradiol, so E rises while T falls.

If you can, get blood work done so you/we can see what’s going on in order to make an intelligent decision. In many US states you can pay out of pocket for not very much and you can find a lab near you by typing in discountedlabs in your Web browser.

It would probably be smart to get the below tested:

Total t
Free t
Estradiol male sensitive array
Cbc
Tsh
Ft4
Ft3
Rt3
Psa

You likely need a true AI like anastrazole/arimidex to control your e2 (Estradiol is a potent form of estrogen). You’d likely also feel better with more frequent injections of your T.

Best bet is to get blood work to confirm that e2 is your issue. If it is, you’d feel better with something like the below:

50 MG test every other day
1/4 mg anastrazole every other day

Retest total t, free t and e2 after being on this protocol for 6 weeks to adjust if needed.

It’s also worth mentioning that your T dose is quite high and hcg may help prevent testicular atrophy which may be important, even if you’re no longer interested in having kids.

Haha!
Thats why I came here lol
So… Snakeoil :frowning: … so please tell me what I need :pray:t3:?
Arimidex or?

Thank you so much!
I will do :blush:

Where are you located?

You need anastrozole.

Please post lab work with ranges.

With high dose T, you increase your risk of high RBC and hematocrit and may then need to lower T dose and/or donate blood.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.