On TRT but Feel Horrible

on 100mg test weekly,blood test was 912 after a shot, but I feel like i’m on nothing I have all the symptoms of having low test, my sleep is one major problem amoung other things, the basic tests were ok estrogen was ok etc…except my prolactin was high 50.4 there telling me it’s because of another med I take.I’m still asking for a MRI,but what else could be going on.IGF-1 or HGH ?what should I do have appt on 7/18.

You will be asked for bloodworks results not just testosterone, with range. Also how long have you been on TRT and what where your results before trt. Also read thyroid basics sticky.

We need the lab numbers and ranges. “OK” is not OK.
All labs, not just hormones.

What med is blamed for prolactin?
No alternative to that?
With high prolactin, dopamine goes down - depressed.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I have tons of blood work CBC,FREE Test ,TOTAL, SHBG,PSA and on an on been on trt for at least 3 straight years, and 5 more broken up,tell me what u want.I just wanted a general thought of what could be the culprit back in march my total test was 75ng my last test was 2 days after an injection.the med the said caused the high prolactin reading
was Seraqual and Risperidone ,like another post I to have Insomnia While on TRT.I’ll post the blood later don’t have the energy right now.

Nursing student here, maybe I can help a bit. KSman is right, high prolactin will inhibit dopamine. Why were you treated with Seroquel and Risperadone in the first place? Depression? Those are atypical antipsychotics. If you’re being treated for depression, maybe you had high prolactin before you jumped on the meds. But a side effect is increased prolactin this is true.

Elevated prolactin can cause low LH/FSH and low T.

Your meds might be at the root of your sleeping issues.

thank you both for your opinion,I’m so grateful,there is a med to fix a medication related raised prolactin level .Cabergoline is the med, have a MRI 7/27 will see .was told my TRT doctor couldn’t give me the med.He said a psychiatrist has to prescribe it,all I want is to feel good.DR’s suck

some blood range
CBC differential

Prolactin 50.40
WBC 4.37 4.5-11k
R.BC 4.8 4.50-5.90
hgb
plt
MCV
MCH all normal range
estradial 44 Pg/ml 26-61 Pg/ml

test 912 ng/dl
sex Horm bind glob 41 nmol/l
free test 18.67

% free test 2.05%
PSA total .016
PSA free <0.10

first testosterone test starting back 75ng

Estradiol, E2=44pg/ml is way too high.
High E2 can affect mood, libido and energy.
Range 26-61 seems very inappropriate for males.
Where are you located?

You need to ask for anastrozole to try to get near E2=22pg/ml. Try 0.5mg twice a week at time of injections. Because of half-life, it takes a week for serum levels of anastrozole to reach final levels and you should feel effects then as well.

You are missing some lab ranges. You can directly edit above to fix.

Hematocrit?
HGB?

• need numbers, normal is not the point.
    RBC is low for TT=912, but it is normal.

in boston,MA go to Mass General hospital, thanks for the input I wish u could help me directly u seem to know your shit,you know I’m stuck with this doctor because of insurance,I need someone who nows what to do,If i had the cash I go to a clinic or a cash doctor.
Thank you

The stickies are your weapons for battle with the doctors.