On TRT 8 Years, Testicular Atrophy, hCG

I imagine everyone has different responses but in my case I believe I began to see results from the HCG in about a week, and it took about 2 or 3 more weeks to get full benefit. It’s been quite a long time so I may be off a bit but this is generally how it worked for me.

Hmm only 3 weeks to get back to full size? I’ve been injecting 300iu twice per week and feel like I may have seen some growth but if there is any, it’s a very small amount.

The HCG I have is quite old so maybe it’s lost its potency? Am just hoping I’ve not missed my chance of regaining size?

Did HCG ever start working for you Ace?

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having trouble finding resources referencing my issue (atrophy due to TRT, and trying HCG). After being on AndroGel for 2 or 3 years, and watching my boys wither, I FINALLY found a doctor willing to prescribe me HCG (200 IU 3x week). The doctor (or at least his nurse) said to stop the AndroGel once I got the HCG Rx. Well, the 1st week I started HCG, I definitely noticed a difference (increase in size, and just felt better). However, quite quickly the regrowth stop, and quite possibly reversed. I didn’t go cold turkey on the AndroGel, but tapered (mainly for fear of what it would do to my mood). Even after several days w no AndroGel and just HCG, no improvement. The size was actually better when I still had a full dose of AndroGel in my system.

I guess my question is, is the normal protocol (for reversing atrophy) doing both AndroGel (or whatever T supplement) AND HCG, or HCG alone - at least for a period of time?
The dr didn’t seem to be too concerned about my problem w the atrophy, but was more focused on fertility, and I won’t see him again for 6 months. Is it possible I’m doing the HCG injections incorrectly (nurse showed me the 1st time). Like I said, it’s been a month, and no improvement except for the 1st week, which since seems to have dissipated.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!

Very few people here will have anything good to say about androgel. It’s pretty much garbage to most people

Your HCG dose is too low though… You need to be on 500IU’s twice a week. If your doc won’t prescribe it, find a private doc who will like Defy. They also offer injectable and cream forms of T if needed.

This was a wrong move, no reason why you can’t be on both TRT and HCG. I agree others your HCG dosage is low.

StevieA, I appreciate posting your experience. This thread started in 2012?! I just started trt 2 months ago. Im 46. I take 50 mg every 4 days. Its been amazingly helpful. Im trying to recover from severe nerve damage , and trt has really helped my energy and helped me gain strength and weight already. But I am worried about shrinkage too. I am confused. I read that too much hcg can be “addictive” and can put you in a situation where your body can become dependant on hcg to stimulate lh and other hormones. I read this in an article about taking hcg to recover after a steroid or test cycle . I am not interested in that purpose exactly… I just want all my organs (like testes) to function near normal and not shrivel up while on normal amounts of trt. Testes make other stuff like dhea and pregnenalone that I am guessing are important to the body. I want to be on trt as long as I can without complications. I am kinda worried about what happens long term on hcg? If you stop it, do you still feel like you did when you first started taking trt ( like before the shrinkage)? Or do you absolutely need it now? It took yrs for shrinkage to happen. Can’t you just stop hcg for a couple yrs and then do a cycle of hcg very couple yrs to prevent shrinkage? But then someone here on this forum said bodybuilders can only do like 3 hcg cycles in their life safely (?). I just dont know what to think or what to do. I don’t want my balls to shrink but my test is way too low without trt and my health sucks without it. Sorry about all the questions!