On the Third Day

A dead guy got up and walked away. There was a great big boulder blocking his way so he moved that too.

Why didn’t he do this on the second day? Or the first?

If he was unconscious, how’d he have the strength after 3 days with no food, water, medical care (wasn’t he stabbed in the side?) to get up and move a boulder?

If this guy was really a man, was he exempt from physical laws? Why? If he was exempt, why become a man at all?

I’m wondering if there is any way that Headhunter’s garbage threads could be bumped from the forum. I could see 2 or 3 crazy thread starters as being a reasonable limit for this person. But all his crazy threads are actually starting to clutter up the board.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m wondering if there is any way that Headhunter’s garbage threads could be bumped from the forum. I could see 2 or 3 crazy thread starters as being a reasonable limit for this person. But all his crazy threads are actually starting to clutter up the board.[/quote]

If you really find them that bothersome you could always IGNORE.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m wondering if there is any way that Headhunter’s garbage threads could be bumped from the forum. I could see 2 or 3 crazy thread starters as being a reasonable limit for this person. But all his crazy threads are actually starting to clutter up the board.[/quote]

If you really find them that bothersome you could always IGNORE.[/quote]

That’s true and I usually do, but I was thinking of the greater good this time around. I really like T Nation and I didn’t want those who have wondered in here for the first time to think that we were all crazy. Just take a check on the many loony posts by that guy.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

That’s true and I usually do, but I was thinking of the greater good this time around. I really like T Nation and I didn’t want those who have wondered in here for the first time to think that we were all crazy. Just take a check on the many loony posts by that guy.

[/quote]

But we pretty much ARE all batshit crazy here in PWI.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

But we pretty much ARE all batshit crazy here in PWI. [/quote]

Well…a case could be made for that. I prefer to call us political enthusiasts.

:slight_smile:

The stuff I question is spoiling the world, not just a forum.

I have to live in a world where most people take such nonsense seriously. People who worship guys dying on crosses or who think they go to heaven by marching around a big black rock in Mecca are fucking up the world very badly.

I want to live (passionately). Most people who are religious hate thinking, and therefore don’t really want to live. Must they destroy everything while destroying themselves?

[quote]Headhunter wrote: <<< I have to live in a world where most people take such nonsense seriously. >>>[/quote]You have to live in a world designed and created by a God whose image you bear and whose air you breathe. Sucks for you. Doesn’t have to though. You can be raised too. I already have been. Come on in. Best water there could ever be.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
A dead guy got up and walked away. There was a great big boulder blocking his way so he moved that too.

If he was unconscious, how’d he have the strength after 3 days with no food, water, medical care (wasn’t he stabbed in the side?) to get up and move a boulder?

If this guy was really a man, was he exempt from physical laws? Why? If he was exempt, why become a man at all?[/quote]

God of the universe was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into Hell, and on the third day he rose again. Come on, at least get your facts correct, and you say you used to be catholic.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

If this guy was really a man, was he exempt from physical laws? Why? If he was exempt, why become a man at all?[/quote]

Because he wasn’t up to moving a boulder, he needed to rest three days, you should know about the importance of rest. Especially when you have been killed. Like logic would count after being killed.

God is His Father and Mary is His mother. He is a man born God (John 1:14). God in the likeness of sinful flesh. (Romans 8:3) In whom dwells all the fullness of God in bodily form. (Colossians 1:19 and 2:9) Jesus raised Himself (John 10:17-18) Certainly without doubt the Father is in view in numerous references stating simply that “God” raised Him from the dead. Like Peter’s sermons in the book of acts. In Romans 8:11 the apostle says that “The Spirit” raised Him from the dead.
Make no mistake. Nobody took His life. He gave it. AND He took it back again which could only be done in justice and righteousness because He had no sin of His own. He bore mine, died under it’s judgement, left it in His grave and brought me forth with Him alive in victory over it. Washed white as snow. Oh how I love Him and bless His majestic holy name.

@HH let’s say that an injury released a hormone or drug in the body that created a coma for three days and then miraculously the subject awoke with all his stength ?

Yeah because the Roman personnel who were thoroughgoing experts at making someone publicly dead lest they be made publicly dead themselves, happened to leave this one alive by accident. After He very publicly proclaimed that He would rise on the third day. They were extra careless in insuring the deadness of a guy whose future presence, which He promised to accomplish by supernatural means, NOBODY wanted. Neither the Romans by that time nor especially the Jews. Whoops. Sorry guys. Guess we didn’t kill im good enough. Brilliant.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
@HH let’s say that an injury released a hormone or drug in the body that created a coma for three days and then miraculously the subject awoke with all his stength ?[/quote]

Nah, Jesus was a space alien. Its all right there in Paul’s Epistles.

These are far more reliable than the stuff written hundreds of years after Jesus’ death.

But seriously, Jesus being extraterrestrial seems far more reasonable than all the miraculous stuff.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
@HH let’s say that an injury released a hormone or drug in the body that created a coma for three days and then miraculously the subject awoke with all his stength ?[/quote]

These are far more reliable than the stuff written hundreds of years after Jesus’ death.

But seriously, Jesus being extraterrestrial seems far more reasonable than all the miraculous stuff.
[/quote]

Clearly, you know NOTHING about Paul’s epistles. Do you know what it takes to genuinely understand Paul’s epistles? Extensive knowledge of Greco-Roman history, religions, and social structures; facility with a particular Greek dialect (koine), Greek rhetoric, and ancient epistolary theory; deep familiarity with BOTH the Septuagint (Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures) AND the Hebrew Scriptures; understanding of Second Temple Apocalypticism and Messianic expectations; and the list goes on.

Don’t presume to know ANYTHING about Paul.

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[/quote]

Clearly, you know NOTHING about Paul’s epistles. Do you know what it takes to genuinely understand Paul’s epistles? Extensive knowledge of Greco-Roman history, religions, and social structures; facility with a particular Greek dialect (koine), Greek rhetoric, and ancient epistolary theory; deep familiarity with BOTH the Septuagint (Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures) AND the Hebrew Scriptures; understanding of Second Temple Apocalypticism and Messianic expectations; and the list goes on.

Don’t presume to know ANYTHING about Paul.[/quote]

Typical religious response…“You’re not a scholar! I’ve studied this (nonsense) for years!! How dare you!!”

I can read. And Paul’s epistles clearly show that only a space alien, an extraterrestrial, could do the things that Jesus did.

To a wandering semi-literate like Paul, an extraterrestrial would have seem like a god. What’s the big deal with that? Jesus being an extraterrestrial actually makes far more sense. Why is that impossible to believe?

I never post here in pwi but what the hell. Ive noticed some here are VERY troubled by other peoples belief systems. I for one do believe in god, now i also believe in evolution and im pro-choice. I dont care if people choose to worship satan and drink blood (as long as blood is given willingly). Why should i care what others believe? Do i think some beliefs are crazy or stupid? yes but I have to ask HH why are you so troubled by christianity? I think maybe you were assaulted sexually or otherwise by a person of faith? No? did one of those televangilist take your money? fuck your wife? Im sorry for the wrong they did to you sincerely. Now can we let people worship whatever god, deity, spirit, space alien or golden statue they like without going out of our way to stir shit among them? Give it a shot devote some of your faith hate to something productive, or maybe start your own church called “i dont believe in shit and neither should you”

[quote]SHREDTODEATH wrote:
I never post here in pwi but what the hell. Ive noticed some here are VERY troubled by other peoples belief systems. I for one do believe in god, now i also believe in evolution and im pro-choice. I dont care if people choose to worship satan and drink blood (as long as blood is given willingly). Why should i care what others believe? Do i think some beliefs are crazy or stupid? yes but I have to ask HH why are you so troubled by christianity? I think maybe you were assaulted sexually or otherwise by a person of faith? No? did one of those televangilist take your money? fuck your wife? Im sorry for the wrong they did to you sincerely. Now can we let people worship whatever god, deity, spirit, space alien or golden statue they like without going out of our way to stir shit among them? Give it a shot devote some of your faith hate to something productive, or maybe start your own church called “i dont believe in shit and neither should you”[/quote]How incredibly progressive, enlightened and tolerant of you. I have more respect for HeadHunter.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[/quote]

it is funny you mention Jesus was an alien , There was a book in the 70s , I can not remember the name. But the whole book dealt with that scenario . It actually makes more sense than the biblical account .

[quote]ZEB wrote:

What some one else does not see thing the way Zeb thinks is best , shame on you HH