Typically I’m now working into Oly lifts.
Snatches, Front Squats, Overhead Squats, walking lunges.
To perform the above correctly I need to ‘limber’ up somewhat.
So early exercises revolve around stretching and warming up certain areas like: Calves, Lats, Wrists, Pec stretches, etc.
Program is not set in stone, working on new things each fortnight with my PT. Then I work thru a few of the main lifts after completely warming up and activating the lagging areas mentioned above.
- Mobility stretching and bear crawls
- Calf lower x 20s then into calf raise x max (circa 30s) +40kg on machine x 3 sets
- TRX pec stretch 30s x 3
- BW deep squat (3 x 10sec hold at bottom) x 3 sets
- Wrist stretching + lat stretching x 3 sets of 30s holds
Then main lifts (usually 2 different movements)
- Barbell lunge bar, pause briefly when front thigh horizontal 5 reps each side x 3 sets
- Front squat bar + 5 to 10 kg, slow controlled down and up. 5 - 10 reps x 3 sets
(could also be back squat, walking lunges, cleans, lat pull downs)
- Foam rolling
Grip for much of my barbell work now is like first pic here (which is still a work in progress):
Conditioning - some walking, plenty of stretching, foam rolling.
Probably too much beer drinking too.
Overall hips are good, knee is good. I reckon my ankle mobility needs improvement, as does grip work/chest/pec tightness. cleans cut off air supply somewhat when holding the bar.
Lower back is better as I’m waking up muscles seldom used after years of sitting in an office too much.