On the Road to 6% Body Fat

Hi guys,

I’m a new to the forums so apologies if this is the wrong section to post this.

Anyway, I’m trying to hit 6% body fat or lower. I started at a body weight of 69 Kg (155.25 lbs) and I’m 171 cm (5’ 7.5") tall. It’s been 3 weeks and I’m down to 67.7 Kg (152.32 lbs). I had a DEXA scan this morning which according to this article
( http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/question_of_strength_january_1 )
is the most accurate way of determininig body composition. The results showed that I am at 8.6 % body fat in the abdominal region.

As for my exercise routine I’m doing Chad Waterbury’s 10 x 3 for Fat Loss
( http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=795366 ).
I 've just started it this week so I’ll see how it affects my fat loss. I am doing more cardio than what is recommended on the program though.

I am trying to hit 6% so I can try the stuff in this article
( http://www.T-Nation.com/article/most_recent/shredded_in_6_days ).
Curious to see what I will look like after I do that.

I’d appreciate any feedback on my fat loss efforts and diet plan. Is this plan good enough to get me to 6% or do I need to make changes?

First thing in the morning
1 teaspoon (5 grams) glutamine in water

Meal 1
5 Egg whites + 2 Whole eggs (scrambled with olive oil as cooking spray)
1 cup (75 grams) oats cooked in water topped with some mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries)
1 tablespoon Udo’s Choice Oil Blend (organicsaustraliaonline.com.au/prod4231.htm)
1 multi-vitamin pill

Meal 2
150 grams skinless grilled or roast chicken breast
80 grams brown rice
1 cup steamed broccoli

Meal 3
Same as above but with 50 grams brown rice and green beans instead of broccoli if preferred
1 tablespoon Udo’s Choice Oil Blend

Meal 4
1 scoop ON’s 100% Whey in water
1 small handful (10 pieces) of almonds

Meal 5
Same as Meal 3 but no rice.

Meal 6
1 scoop ON’s 100% Whey + 1 teaspoon glutamine in water

Pre-workout
1 teaspoon creatine + 1 teaspoon glutamine + 1 teaspoon electrolytes (gatorade powder) + water
2 grams Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)

Post-workout
1 teaspoon creatine + 1 teaspoon glutamine + 1 teaspoon electrolytes (gatorade powder) + 50 grams Redbak Fuel (post-workout sugars, redbak.net/pages/fuel.html) + water
2 grams Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)

Note:
I sometimes substitute chicken breasts with lean beef steak.

Buy a flame retardant suit. You’ll be needing it.

Its obviously a troll post, you gunnybag. See the user name, see the articles quoted, the reference to DEXA…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Buy a flame retardant suit. You’ll be needing it.[/quote]

Too funny. All the bases are covered and the username is just icing.

Need pics.

It’s obviously not legitimate, but this bodybuilding thread the last few weeks has been fucking STUPID. Almost every new thread started has been something to do with BF%, getting ‘ripped,’ getting shredded, getting cut, loozing lubhandlez, etc.

Anyway, I think it’s going to be time to stop clicking on the bodybuilding forum pretty soon here.

[quote]SSC wrote:
It’s obviously not legitimate, but this bodybuilding thread the last few weeks has been fucking STUPID. Almost every new thread started has been something to do with BF%, getting ‘ripped,’ getting shredded, getting cut, loozing lubhandlez, etc.

Anyway, I think it’s going to be time to stop clicking on the bodybuilding forum pretty soon here.[/quote]

Weird, I was thinking exactly the same.
It’s got to be telepathy…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
SSC wrote:

Anyway, I think it’s going to be time to stop clicking on the bodybuilding forum pretty soon here.

It’s got to be telepathy…[/quote]

You’re already bored with the forums and you’ve been here 2 weeks, might want to find a new hobby amirite? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the BOI 2.0 thread is just about the only worthwhile thread in the BB forum currently.

To the OP: why would you take that much time to write all that out? serious waste of time…

This is just sad.

Being 145lbs and ripped is not being in shape…it’s being ethiopian.

Obvious troll job, but I get the feeling I should be more violently opposed to these kinds of goals then I am, based on all the flaming that takes place.

I get that this is a bodybuilding website and all that, but body comp at 160 pounds versus body comp at 220 pounds is still body comp.

I dunno, I find threads like The Wildabeast Awakens or whatever it was to be more annoying than threads that are not trying to make themselves something they are clearly not.

This doesn’t go directly to this post mind you, which is obviously a troll job. Just a commentary in general.

[quote]Jimmy the Saint wrote:
Being 145lbs and ripped is not being in shape…it’s being ethiopian.[/quote]

Being lightweight officially changes your nationality and you get deported. time to bulk, people.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
SSC wrote:

It’s got to be telepathy…

You’re already bored with the forums and you’ve been here 2 weeks, might want to find a new hobby amirite? :P[/quote]

New hobby?
Unless you consider reading T-Nation a hobby, then I would think finding a more serious bb forum to be a better option.

Btw, the join date is rather confusing.
I’ve been reading this forum for 2 years or so.
Just decided to finally start posting as my work schedule has changed for the better, but it does seem to be a waste of that new time I have available to me :confused:

Come on, expecting a little less newbishness really isn’t asking for that much ?

[quote]SSC wrote:

Anyway, I think it’s going to be time to stop clicking on the bodybuilding forum pretty soon here.[/quote]

So what? When you get into bodybuilding you want to lose bodyfat. If it turns out there is a bunch of people looking ot do the same thing at the same time big deal. Stop smoking weed, maybe you won’t be so ignorant.

the last thing you need to do is lose fat when you are 150 lbs at 5,7

this thread belongs in the teen section of BB.com

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
SSC wrote:

So what? When you get into bodybuilding you want to lose bodyfat. If it turns out there is a bunch of people looking ot do the same thing at the same time big deal. Stop smoking weed, maybe you won’t be so ignorant.[/quote]

Er…
When you get into bodybuilding, maybe, just MAYBE, you want to add some muscle… like… perhaps?

Has it never occurred to you that every single one of the “wanna get shredded/ don’t wanna add weight” people opening all those recent threads was horribly underweight to begin with?

This is the first time I’ve ever cackled.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
So what? When you get into bodybuilding you want to lose bodyfat. If it turns out there is a bunch of people looking ot do the same thing at the same time big deal. Stop smoking weed, maybe you won’t be so ignorant.[/quote]

Given the OP’s starting weight, his reaction is justified.

And maybe leave weed out of this, since you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

sing it, sista.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
DanErickson wrote:
So what? When you get into bodybuilding you want to lose bodyfat. If it turns out there is a bunch of people looking ot do the same thing at the same time big deal. Stop smoking weed, maybe you won’t be so ignorant.

Given the OP’s starting weight, his reaction is justified.

And maybe leave weed out of this, since you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.[/quote]