On-the-Go Meals?

With my job, I’m on the road a lot. I don’t mean travelling, out of town, staying in hotels, but I do a lot of driving every day. A typical week day looks like this:

2:00 p.m.: Get to work
2:00-5:00 p.m.: Office Work
5:00-9:00 p.m.: Driving to various assignments, getting back to the office, finishing nightly work.

I train late morning, usually 11:00 to noon or so, so I end up eating my PWO meal about a half hour or so before I go in to work.

Everyday I carry snacks with me (Low-carb yogurt, string cheese, Grow!), but my question is, for actual meals, any ideas on what I could take in with me and eat on the road? And a secondary question, I’m usually forced to eat from a drive-thru a few times per week, what would be my best choice there?

Stats:
23 y.o. male, 6’6", 225 lbs, BF% is probably 15-20, Bench: 205x2, Squat: 345x5, Dead: 325x1, Military: 135x1. I’m trying to get stronger right now, but I want to eat the best I can to keep myself as healthy as possible. Thanks a lot guys.

Today I made a salad and put a can of tuna into it. It was damn good and it should be easy to bring to work.

A cooler full of stuff? Cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit, salads w/ meat in em, sandwiches, etc.

[quote]jhusk wrote:
With my job, I’m on the road a lot. I don’t mean travelling, out of town, staying in hotels, but I do a lot of driving every day. A typical week day looks like this:

2:00 p.m.: Get to work
2:00-5:00 p.m.: Office Work
5:00-9:00 p.m.: Driving to various assignments, getting back to the office, finishing nightly work.

I train late morning, usually 11:00 to noon or so, so I end up eating my PWO meal about a half hour or so before I go in to work.

Everyday I carry snacks with me (Low-carb yogurt, string cheese, Grow!), but my question is, for actual meals, any ideas on what I could take in with me and eat on the road? And a secondary question, I’m usually forced to eat from a drive-thru a few times per week, what would be my best choice there?

Stats:
23 y.o. male, 6’6", 225 lbs, BF% is probably 15-20, Bench: 205x2, Squat: 345x5, Dead: 325x1, Military: 135x1. I’m trying to get stronger right now, but I want to eat the best I can to keep myself as healthy as possible. Thanks a lot guys.[/quote]

make yourself a good old fashion lunch ?!

but if you really want a good meal. pita bread is a good source for transport and for a meal.

i dont know how you like meals that are not all healthy. but Shurgs have made brilliant posts in the hammer about good recipes. even some healthy pizza made from rice and potato. and egg muffins in the recipe thread are also good for transportation… just look arround in the different sites recipe threads dude.

I’m very interested in the direction this thread takes, since I have the same interest in portable food.

I was thinking the link below may be of interest to the OP and others here:

http://www.compactappliance.com/12-Volt-Travel-Coolers/Outdoor_Living-Travel_Coolers,default,sc.html

I think This One’s hysterical:

http://www.compactappliance.com/2296-Wagan-10.5-Liter-12V-Cooler-/-Warmer/2296,default,pd.html?cgid=Outdoor_Living-Travel_Coolers

I appreciate the responses, and like blunt said, there are several good recipes all over the site. My main problem though, is that I’m in need of things that can be eaten while driving. I’ve done sandwiches, and things like that. The pita bread is a good idea, as well as those egg muffins Shugart wrote about recently.

Thanks again, keep the ideas coming!

I’ve been really liking tuna with a bit of mayo, olive oil, and chopped celery thrown in lately. I was strapped for time since I had class so I took 2 cans of tuna and dumped it in a bowl with some other ingredients and mashed it up quickly and ate it. If you don’t have time to chop up your celery you could always just use it to scoop out your tuna with. Pita bread is good also with it. I also add in chili powder to give it a nice little kick.