On the Fence about TRT - Advice Needed

Hey guys!
Update: Just got back from seeing the endo. My test level from yesterday was 450 (Quest labs) and 3 weeks ago was 258 (Lab Corp). She wants me to do another test in 2 weeks and if very low we will discuss treatment. She said that it would be a cream I apply daily. I then asked about injections instead, and she said if I went that route the injections will be every 2 or 3 weeks and that at the end of the time period I would be very tired. Well, no kidding! I asked about weekly injections and she said that if I want, we could apply to insurance for weekly injections…and those injections would be with a small needle. She said that weekly are a brand new thing that the FDA recently approved. I asked if she was referring to sub q and she was pretty surprised I knew about that and said yes, but that she has no experience in that yet . She also said that with weekly injections as opposed to every few weeks I would get a lot of peaks and valleys and that would not be good. Also, some people that are in the low range feel nothing when their levels are increased to “normal” levels. Its frustrating because I feel like I know more than her at this point from all the research I’ve been doing over the past month. The clinic I was speaking to would be prescribing cypionate twice weekly to keep by levels normal and an AI if needed. I have a high $5K insurance deductable, so i’d be paying out of pocket till I hit that anyways, so out of pocket at a clinic vs insurance would not be much of a difference. Does this endo seem like someone I should be taking advice from? I’m thinking that the clinic has the best protocol. Thanks

Cypionate twice weekly is what I do, it’s fairly even levels. The scrotal cream is well liked by some guys as well, if that’s the cream that she meant. If she meant androgel then go with the shots.

Is there any reason why your doctor couldn’t write the prescription for 100mg weekly and allow you to choose how often you inject?

Your endo is no different from any other ~ clueless, these sick care doctors cannot affect much change with the insurance companies dictating how doctors treat their patients.

You should inject smaller doses EOD do to your low SHBG.

I feel best injecting 10mg daily, my SHBG is 16-22.