On the Dawg! (Protein Question)

Guy’s
Imon the T-Dawg v2.0 and
Im finding it hard to juggle the maximum Kcals per day for me 2815,with getting the maximum protien.At the moment im doing about 290-310g of protien a day with my Kcals being spot on.Is this enough protien as I know the diet recomends 1.5x amount of protien per 1lb of body wieght I.E I need 332g of protien a day at 1.5x my 221lbs of bodywieght.

Thank’s

Dobermann

OK, I’ll be the fish that bites.

Is that enough protein for what? To meet the requirements of the diet, you answered your own question.

There isn’t enough information, or form of a question to give you a good response. If you can provide some details, what your goals are and what you are doing to meet them, the population here can most likely help you out.

Based on what you have so far, I don’t know a lot of people that can help you.

Opps sorry for being Vauge,

Well im trying to lose fat while retaining/and even gaining some muscle.

1.)As I said Im getting 500 less cal’s than I need a day, so theres the fat loss part taken care of I think? But I need about 330g of protien to hit exacly 1.5g per lbs of bodywieght im only getting about 290-310g average so is this enough protien or do I really need EXACTLY 1.5x?
to do the above.

Can post a sample day if that helps?

At 290g, you are getting 1.31X at a body weight of 221 lbs. That should be plenty.

You may want to look at everything else you are getting and making sure you aren’t getting too much on the carbs or fat. Maybe you screwed up a calculation.

As an example, are you using LBM (lean body mass) for your weight or total body mass (TBM)? If it is TBM, you might be overdoing some stuff. It helps if you know your body fat percentage (BF%) when doing the calcs for T-Dawg 2.0. Even a good estimate helps.

And yes, if you are done 500 Kcals you should be dropping anywhere from 1-2.5 lbs per week. Any more and you may want to consider that you made a mistake on your calculations. Plus, after a few weeks you need to make the calculations again since you might start to taper off on the weight loss.

Hello Arioch,

Thanks for the reply, Well im usually quite low on carbs about 30g on a off day to 70g on a training day.Mostly all carbs coming from veggy’s, im using I think TBW so it’s 15x222= 3330 Kcal a day mins 500 so im aiming for only 2830
which im hitting.Calculating fat on the Dawg isint mentioned and as I said im actually under eating when it comes to carbs.I’ll post a “sample” day of my diet so you can tell me what you think.

Cheer’s

Dobermann

[quote]Arioch wrote:
At 290g, you are getting 1.31X at a body weight of 221 lbs. That should be plenty.

You may want to look at everything else you are getting and making sure you aren’t getting too much on the carbs or fat. Maybe you screwed up a calculation.

As an example, are you using LBM (lean body mass) for your weight or total body mass (TBM)? If it is TBM, you might be overdoing some stuff. It helps if you know your body fat percentage (BF%) when doing the calcs for T-Dawg 2.0. Even a good estimate helps.

And yes, if you are done 500 Kcals you should be dropping anywhere from 1-2.5 lbs per week. Any more and you may want to consider that you made a mistake on your calculations. Plus, after a few weeks you need to make the calculations again since you might start to taper off on the weight loss.[/quote]

This is a “typicall day” for me on the T-Dawg, Note that measurments are by English wieghts.As you can see im not hitting 333g of protien (but as mentioned im still getting enough)And carb’s are lower then daily limit of 70g

Thank’s

Totals:

Protien 310g
Carb?s 36g
Kcal 2811

10.05 Breakfast.

1 Cup of instant Coffe with Milk

Protien 1g
Carb?s 1g
Kcal 15

BreakFast 5xEgg?s
3xTurkey Rashers
Protien 44g
Kcal 543 Inc 8 Squirts of Low Cal oil
Carbs 1.2

Snack 1.15pm

1xFilter Coffe (Black)
Carb?s 1g
Kcal 4g
Protein 0g

100g Cheddar Cheese
Protien 25g
Carb?s 0g
Kcal 210

4.15pm

200g Tesco Ready Cooked Chicken Leg?s

Protien 52g
Carbs 0g
Kcal 356 Kcal

7 pm pre dinner

Tea (White)
Protien 1g
Carbs 1g
Kcal 15

Tuna Supper

140g
Protien 32g
Carb?s 0g
Kcal 150

Mayo (Extra Light)
20g

Protien 0g
Carbs 0g
Kcal 30

Dinner

10.30pm

400g Cod
Protien 85g
Carb?s 0g
Kcal 460

150g Fresh Spinach
Protien 4g
Carb?s 3g
Kcal 40

Cr?me Fresh 100g

Carbs 3g
Protien 2g
Kcal 380

Low Cal Oil

Oops the part that got cut off.I also use Grow! or Surge everyday.

Kcal 12

Onion 150g
Carb?s 12g
Protien 2g
Kcal 54

Mushrooms 100g

Protien 2g
Carbs 0g
Kcal 190

2 Cloves of Garlic

Protien 0g
Carb?s 0g