T Nation

ON Superior Amino 2222 Tabs

Anyone here take them? They’re huge pills, have to be cut, and you need to take 8 of them to get the same ratio of isoleucine, leucine, and valine as in the Biotest BCAA’s…

ON Superior:
Iso - 120 mg / serving (1 tab)
Leucine - 210 mg / "
Valine - 130 mg / "

Biotest:
iso - 900 mg / serving (3 tabs)
leucine - 1620 mg / "
valine - 1080 mg / "

If you do the math, it takes almost 8 servings to reach 1 serving of the Biotest BCAA…and the pills are twice as big! It’s gross.

I guess this is just a case where the Biotest really is the superior product. Needing to take only 3 pills that are half the size.

Am I wrong for taking so many pills (8) to add up to one Biotest serving? That’s 8 three times a day. Waking, Before and After Workout.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Am I wrong for taking so many pills (8) to add up to one Biotest serving? That’s 8 three times a day. Waking, Before and After Workout.
[/quote]

Well, no, but I dont see why you’d still take them when you realized Biotest was superior. That, and, I guess it’d be nice to support a site that gives us butt-loads of awesome free information.

DON’T BUY THEM! I made the mistake and purchased them a few weeks back. There was no way I could get close to swallowing those pills, even when cut in half.

Biotest BCAAS IMO are the best value out there for pills.

That being said, BCAAS powder is much cheaper than pills. Xtend is pretty good, and/or you can buy bulk Leucine to make it even more affordable.

The ON whey protein has more amino acids then the pills themself, so is it better to just take the protein?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

Well, no, but I dont see why you’d still take them when you realized Biotest was superior. That, and, I guess it’d be nice to support a site that gives us butt-loads of awesome free information.[/quote]

I almost ALWAYS support Biotest prodcuts and purchase from T-Nation. However, I am stocked on Metabolic Drive, ZMA, Flameout, Surge, and Creatine…I don’t need to make another order for another month or so. At that time I’ll order more Biotest BCAA’s…this was a quick fix.

Anyway - I’m crushing the pills and taking them in a powder form.

[quote]livinthedream wrote:
The ON whey protein has more amino acids then the pills themself, so is it better to just take the protein?[/quote]

so then i can take 3 BCAA’s before working out and the ON whey after.
why didn’t i think of that :O(
that ON whey is a nice product.

The ON whey protein has more amino acids then the pills themself, so is it better to just take the protein?[/quote]

I have been saying this for a long time. Its about 33 cents a scoop if you get it on sale and use your gold card.

I really don’t understand why people take BCAA pills when they can jst have a protein shake.

BCAA’s and amino tabs are not one in the same. Yes 3 of the AA are found in each but you can’t really compare them to eachother. The best amino pills I’ve tried are Anabolic Amino 10,000. Hands down the highest quality and potency. I tend to prefer liquids but if you want pills give these a shot.

There’s a big difference between free form branched chain amino acids and the amino acids from protein powder or any other food.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
livinthedream wrote:
The ON whey protein has more amino acids then the pills themself, so is it better to just take the protein?

There’s a big difference between free form branched chain amino acids and the amino acids from protein powder or any other food.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.

I just thought of this…dissolving them in something hot like green tea / coffee?

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
livinthedream wrote:

I have been saying this for a long time. Its about 33 cents a scoop if you get it on sale and use your gold card.

I really don’t understand why people take BCAA pills when they can jst have a protein shake.
[/quote]

Yeah that would be silly, like shopping at GNC.