On Gun Ownership

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
…In an interesting tidbit, the back of the H-S Precision catalog is featuring an endorsement by Lon Horiuchi.

http://www.awrm.org/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=003547;p=0

Holy fuckin cow. Alice in fuckin Wonderland time.

I sometimes wonder howindahell that guy hasn’t been inexplicably “taken out” by now.[/quote]

Agreed, that was the only time the FBI has been given a shoot on sight order. How he was brought up on charges I do not know.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
…In an interesting tidbit, the back of the H-S Precision catalog is featuring an endorsement by Lon Horiuchi.

I sometimes wonder howindahell that guy hasn’t been inexplicably “taken out” by now.

Agreed, that was the only time the FBI has been given a shoot on sight order. How he was brought up on charges I do not know.

[/quote]

He was charged in state court with involuntary manslaughter. Horiuchi removed the case to federal court, where it was dismissed on the basis of the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution (i.e., he was just doing his job). The dismissal of the state manslaughter charge was overturned by the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. The case went back to state court where the county prosecutor quickly dismissed the case stating, “It is unlikely the state will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the criminal act set forth”.

[quote]Seinix wrote:
What are your opinions on gun ownership rights? Here is what I think:

Some people say “Guns don’t kill people. People with guns, knives, cars, sticks, baseball bats, golf clubs, forks, rope, muscles, pillows, or bare hands kill people.”
[/quote]

Fixed that for you, and I couldn’t agree more. I propose a national ban on bare hands! Everyone should have their hands removed immediately! I mean, we just let all these people with two perfectly deadly weapons just walk around free! It’s insanity…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Everyone should have their hands removed immediately! I mean, we just let all these people with two perfectly deadly weapons just walk around free! It’s insanity…[/quote]

The hand is an integral part of the arm, so removal of a person’s hands would be an infringement of his constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Everyone should have their hands removed immediately! I mean, we just let all these people with two perfectly deadly weapons just walk around free! It’s insanity…

The hand is an integral part of the arm, so removal of a person’s hands would be an infringement of his constitutional right to keep and bear arms.[/quote]

That part of the amendment was obviously referring to the arms of a BEAR, not HUMAN arms. Look at the wording, and it becomes obvious that the founding fathers only wanted this rule to apply to bears, not common humans.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Everyone should have their hands removed immediately! I mean, we just let all these people with two perfectly deadly weapons just walk around free! It’s insanity…

The hand is an integral part of the arm, so removal of a person’s hands would be an infringement of his constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

That part of the amendment was obviously referring to the arms of a BEAR, not HUMAN arms. Look at the wording, and it becomes obvious that the founding fathers only wanted this rule to apply to bears, not common humans.[/quote]

Look closelier,

“…right to keep…”

Entitles each American to a small castle, also known as a “keep”. Did you get yours yet?

Quick question:

The right to

… KEEP and BEAR …

arms in no way protects the right to sell, distribute, manufacture, etc.

I should go and study US legislative interpretation but its easy just to post on T-Nation.

let people have all the guns they want, just make it illegal for civilians to purchase auto and machine gun ammo. or other extraneous ammunition. doesn’t violate 2nd amendment

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
let people have all the guns they want, just make it illegal for civilians to purchase auto and machine gun ammo. or other extraneous ammunition. doesn’t violate 2nd amendment [/quote]

And what exactly is auto and machine gun ammo? What’s the difference between an auto gun and a machine gun? What special caliber is it they shoot that a semi auto wont? You should just shut the fuck up on shit you have no idea about. You have got to be the most retarded Californian I have ever seen post, and that takes a lot!

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
let people have all the guns they want, just make it illegal for civilians to purchase auto and machine gun ammo. or other extraneous ammunition. doesn’t violate 2nd amendment [/quote]

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are either not a United States citizen, or else that nobody ever bothered to teach you Constitutional law or American history. That’s all right. Let’s begin at the beginning, shall we?

United States Constitution, Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

militia noun
a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

Now, some historical context. In 1939, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment specifically protected the right of the civil population (i.e. “the people”) to own and maintain “military weapons in common use” that would be used to supplement the regular armed forces in time of emergency.

In 1939, the military weapons in common use included the Springfield M1903 rifle, the Enfield M1917 rifle, the M1 Garand rifle, the Browning Automatic Rifle and Browning .30 machine gun, the Thompson submachine gun, and the Colt M1911 .45 automatic pistol.

In 2008, the military weapons in common use include the M16A4 rifle, the M14 rifle, the M4 carbine, the M21 sniper rifle, the Beretta M9 automatic pistol, and the Mk 46 and Mk 48 light machine guns.

The right to own these weapons is protected by the Second Amendment, as written in 1789, and interpreted by the court in 1939.

If by association the amendment may also be interpreted as protecting the right to own deer rifles, skeet guns and target pistols, that’s dandy, but what the 2nd amendment is really all about is guaranteeing civilians the right to arm themselves with military weapons, so that they may fight alongside government troops if required, or against them if absolutely necessary.

In other words, the complete opposite of what you said.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:

That idea is so dumb for so many reasons. Common self defense rounds are common automatic pistol rounds. Common automatic rifle rounds are common hunting rounds.

And since I’m a law abiding citizen, it’s no one’s damn business what I own.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
tom63 wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

I sometimes wonder howindahell that guy hasn’t been inexplicably “taken out” by now.

He was charged in state court with involuntary manslaughter. Horiuchi removed the case to federal court, where it was dismissed on the basis of the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution (i.e., he was just doing his job).

The dismissal of the state manslaughter charge was overturned by the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. The case went back to state court where the county prosecutor quickly dismissed the case stating, “It is unlikely the state will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the criminal act set forth”.

[/quote]

I meant to say not, but thanks for the info.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
The cocksucker killed Mrs. Weaver not far from where I now live. I drive through that area frequently. It just seems to make this story a little more vivid to me.[/quote]

Push get and read the book, Murder by Mumia if you haven’t. how the left has made that cocksucker a hero while this is just whatever because they’re some crazy crackers is beyond me.

Every lefty dickwad wants to make some cop killer a hero, but a woman holding a child is shot by some guy who I’m sure is a lot better shot than me and my 2 spine shots with one running at 190 yards is a complete and utter asshole.

These guys can hit a dime at 200 yards and he shot a woman holding a baby? I still get nuts thinking of it today.