On Food Purveyors

The profit motive in disgraceful action.

Lol, it must be the evil food companies. It can’t people the choices people make, can’t be.

Damn you hyperpalatable foods, damn you!

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
The profit motive in disgraceful action.

http://io9.com/how-hyperpalatable-foods-could-turn-you-into-a-food-add-1575144399[/quote]

ey give that avatar a SCHPANKIN :slight_smile:

Not from TheRealDewz.

I am dissapoint.

What is disgraceful in giving people what they want? What is disgraceful is too many people are so self centered that their every waking moment is spent finding ways to immediately satisfy their every desire.

Oh yea, fatties gonna fat.

Have some fucking willpower.

Dat is a Phat Ass :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Dat is a Phat Ass :)[/quote]

Clearly been consuming large amounts of hyperpalatable foods foods.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Lol, it must be the evil food companies. It can’t people the choices people make, can’t be. [/quote]
I can tell you didn’t even read the article.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
What is disgraceful in giving people what they want? What is disgraceful is too many people are so self centered that their every waking moment is spent finding ways to immediately satisfy their every desire.[/quote]

What is disgraceful is that companies spend money to try and get people to eat more and more of their processed garbage so that they can make more money all the while helping to make people unhealthy. I suppose you are cool with this because it is the “free market”.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

You’re welcome.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
What is disgraceful in giving people what they want? What is disgraceful is too many people are so self centered that their every waking moment is spent finding ways to immediately satisfy their every desire.[/quote]

What is disgraceful is that companies spend money to try and get people to eat more and more of their processed garbage so that they can make more money all the while helping to make people unhealthy. I suppose you are cool with this because it is the “free market”.[/quote]

I am cool with this because I believe in personal responsibility. No one is being forced to eat unhealthy food. If people acted in a responsible manner when it came to their health it would be unprofitable to make the unhealthy slop irresponsible people love to gorge themselves on.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

What is disgraceful is that companies spend money to try and get people to eat more and more of their processed garbage so that they can make more money all the while helping to make people unhealthy. I suppose you are cool with this because it is the “free market”.[/quote]

It’s entirely the fault of the consumers who have no self discipline or personal responsibility. Just look at Japan - they have the lowest obesity rate in the first world. It’s because they are a self disciplined people.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

You’re welcome.
[/quote]

:slight_smile:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

They need to start putting nicotine in everything.

It’s always the company’s problem, not the consumer, is that it?..it’s their job to sell burgers, it’s that fat ass, lard buckets job to say NO.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Lol, it must be the evil food companies. It can’t people the choices people make, can’t be. [/quote]

False dichotomy.
Don’t you know that companies are people too. They, too, make choices.

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

False dichotomy.
Don’t you know that companies are people too. They, too, make choices. [/quote]

fucking good point

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

False dichotomy.
Don’t you know that companies are people too. They, too, make choices. [/quote]

False dichotomy. Companies aren’t force feeding people like a foie gras goose. Consumers are voluntarily engorging themselves.