On Fire - No Excuses Left

I had a really good workout today. I pushed myself hard, most of the sets the last 2-4 reps where hard. I think a good way to keep pushing myself to progress is if I can do 3 sets of 10 I get to go up weight the next time I do the exercise. This will give me a continuous way to increase my resistance training and muscle stress.

I was planning on sprinting but it was raining hard. I kind of felt at a loss with that. Otherwise my alactic workout was supposed to take place. I am not extremely upset, in a way it will ease me into this program that is a lot more hardcore than anything else I have done, but still I do not want to create a precedence.

ToDo:

• Figure out alternative alactic workouts, preferably ones that do not require to be outside for rainy days.
  • Figure out what supplements I am buying…and buy them from the Tstore.

Edit: I totally forgot, I alternated my exercises. I did 1 set of Bench Press, 1 set of Bent Over Row etc. Big muscles require long rests but I do not want to stay in the gym for more than an hour and my testosterone levels to drop. Even though its not a beginner regiment I think its a good idea

Food wise today I haven’t eaten as much, even though I wanted to up my calories to 2750. I did get a serving of surge during my workout though. I tend to sleep in on the weekends and for some reason today I also got an extra afternoon nap which means I did not eat during those times.

Its late, but I think before I go to bed I am going to have a 3 scoop of Metabolic Drive + peanut butter to catch up a little bit with my daily goal.

On another note my fiber is way low.

I apologize for that. I’m not sure where I misread. Probably just a general sense of stupidity that lingers near my head. I did kind of get a chuckle from my mistake. Hope I didn’t offend.

Looks like you’ve got it all planned out.

Fiber can be really tricky, and is often the overlooked aspect to dieting - until you’re on the pot squeezing the toilet paper rack with white knuckles. Here’s my experience:
-Up the greens, which can be difficult and sometimes $$$
-Add sugar-free fiber to your shakes, if you have the on a regular basis. (psyl husk, guar gum, etc.).
-I bought these little ‘scandinavian crisp bread’ crackers, and those gave me what I needed. They taste horrible, but if you use them to dunk they’re not bad. Google it if interested.

Because you’re such a meticulous planner, it seems like its working to your advantage now that you’ve decided on a plan. No gray area to rationalize your way out of getting things done.

Today’s workout, only three exercises. I was thinking that I should add some core / ab exercises. The rest period was actually longer than 120, it was around 180 since they are large muscles.

I feel a bit of mental fatigue again. I am going to start adding Power Drive with my Metabolic Drive after the workouts, I hope that helps my mental clarity.

I am also debating going to do my workouts early in the morning before work. It will involve getting up pretty early but testosterone levels are higher then, and my gym will be a bit emptier for my lactate inducing circuit training that requires 5 exercises. But can I wake up that early? I would hate to set myself up and not go to the gym because “it’s early”.

My legs are sore today. It wasn’t bad in the morning, but walking back from work I felt them.

Today was my cheat meal day, I must admit I was looking forward to it. Something funny happened though. First of all I was actually not craving it as much as I thought I would. I think if I had actually brought my lunch with me at work I would not have went.

I also had a coke, but did not enjoy that in the least. It tasted so sweet. Is this my imagination? I am not sure, but no matter what I think I am over soda. I am not missing anything. Food wise I am sure I will have some cheat meals but I think I will be able to control them for the most part.

Today was my off day so nothing spectacular really happened.

Yesterday I messed things up. I did not go to the gym and I went out to eat…sigh

I still walked to work today and brought my lunch, but I am rather upset. It seems like every two days I get this overwhelming need to eat horrible food. I keep thinking to myself that I can break the cycle but it keeps happening. I am in a loss.

How did this happen?

I am starting to think that on day 2+ my body is trying to go from burning carbs to burning fat but its resisting change so it gives me this weird craving hunger and makes me light headed.

I have always disliked addiction of any kind, doing things that I do not want to do. Fuck that.

Instead I am going to add another goal in my list. No cheat meals for a month, no missing workouts for a month. This seems a bit drastic with Christmas coming up, but I do not care. I am tired of waiting to diet in the future. Basically I need to fully immerse myself in this and see how my body responds to it. So next cheat meal will be Jan 16th.

On another note I completed two of my goals, I managed to keep this blog and work on my fitness for a week.

Good job, even with some stumbling points. What does the scale/caliper/measurements say?

Keep at it.

So my cheat meals that became a couple of cheat days drove me to 282.3lbs, 42.5% fat. I am pissed of with myself, but that’s what I get for eating crap. Can’t wait for this month to progress so I can see how my body actually behaves without the cheat meals. I am seeing it as detox. Being addicted to sugar bothers me.

Leg day today, I am leaving for the gym right now.

I got my extra supplements from Biotest, first time trying out Surge Workout Fuel. I am kind of happy it has less carbs than the regular Surge Recovery so probably for now I will just use Surge Workout Fuel. I also kind two new flavors for Metabolic Drive to add some variance in my protein shakes.

I also need to go grocery shopping today.

Time to step things up a notch.

Apparently I went to the gym with something to prove. I am not sure if it was the music I listened to, my mindset, drinking Surge Workout Fuel, going earlier in they day but as you can see my leg lifts went up, some of them by 50 pounds since last week.

No matter what the reason it was a very enjoyable workout.

Food wise today I kind of under-ate, mainly because I walk up late and I am going to sleep early. I decided that I am going to shift my schedule a bit, I am going to start waking up at 6:00 instead of 8:00, which also means I am going to be going to sleep earlier. I am making the change for various reasons:

1. I only eat non veggie carbs right before my workout, might as well get said carbs in the morning
  2. Currently I go to the gym after work at around 9:00pm and its affecting my energy levels. With the new schedule I am going to go to the gym before work
  3. Testosterone levels are higher in the morning
  4. I believe it will make me more productive in my life.

My fear is that I will miss workouts so I can sleep in. Since I am worried about that I am going to wake up everyday at 6:00 except for weekends that way my body gets used to getting up at a consistent time.

On other news I am starting to love the new grocery store I go to called Fresh and Easy. Its smaller than most of the grocery stores around here but they have a bit of a health focus. Normally I buy my chicken and steak and cook them the same way. This time I bought pre-spiced chicken and some jalapeno patties. I look at the ingredients and they are made without the horrible things you would usually find in pre made food so I will be giving that a try. Price wise the difference per pound was about $0.15 which for the convenience of having kickass food its well worth it.

Well time to lie down, read a book and go to sleep.

I am starting to understand my cycles a lot better. I am feeling slightly groggy, it always happens around day two or three. Usually at that point I grab a cheat meal…but this time I am pushing through it. I just have to stay strong. I am starting to realize how much addicted I am to crappy food.

On other news, waking up early was ok. I am starting to think I need 8.5 hours of sleep just in general something I have noticed which kind of sucks cause I rather sleep 7 hours but I always pay for it at some point. Tonight I am going to sleep early again with the hopes that I will wake up at 6 and go the gym early.

Today I walked and pretty much ate what I eat everyday.

Hey man, I’ve read through your couple pages and I know what you’re going through with the cravings. Have you looked into the V-Diet at all? I did it last February to kick start my progress back in the gym and it did wonders for helping me overcome my cravings (the 20 or so pounds of fat that I lost with it was nice too!). You really may want to consider it. Its tough, but its simple, if you know what I’m saying. I think you sound like a perfect type of candidate for it.

Either way man, hope to see some progress pics soon! Keep on keepin on

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Hey man, I’ve read through your couple pages and I know what you’re going through with the cravings. Have you looked into the V-Diet at all? I did it last February to kick start my progress back in the gym and it did wonders for helping me overcome my cravings (the 20 or so pounds of fat that I lost with it was nice too!). You really may want to consider it. Its tough, but its simple, if you know what I’m saying. I think you sound like a perfect type of candidate for it.

Either way man, hope to see some progress pics soon! Keep on keepin on[/quote]

I am too fat to go on the V-Diet. True story.

Its been a few days, but the good news is I have been busy working out to make updates. I think that’s the best excuse to have.

So first thing first, going to the gym in the morning helps, it makes it more of a routine for me, which means I just do it, also I kind of like getting up early makes me really realize that I am serious about this losing weight business.

In terms of cheat meals I initially wanted to go a full month without a single cheat meal. Well I kind of strayed of that and had Christmas dinner BUT I did see a change in my mindset. Before when I knew I could have cheat meals I always looked for when I was going to have it. This time it just kind of happened and I immediately went straight back to my dieting.

In terms of weigh I lost 4.5lbs this week. It would have probably been more without that cheat meal. I worked my butt of in the gym. I even did my sprints yesterday.

Food wise I tend to skip on my last meal, I am just not hungry enough and I think when I am not working I sleep more which means I am awake less missing one of my meals. At least its happening on the days I go to the gym so I still have my workout shake.

Overall things have been going really well diet / exercise wise I would say. Speaking of which its leg day today.