T Nation

On Cycle Training

Ok, I know this has been discussed before but there didn’t seem to be much feedback from it.

So I’m curious as to what you guys use for training routines while on a cycle.

Do people use the high volume stuff-like the growth surge project- where you blast the hell out of a muscle and give it a few days rest or high frequency like alternating UB and LB every day?

How many of you to splits?

How about doing a FB 3 on/1 off. i was thinking something like the Waterbury method-do the full week workout in 3 days, 1 day off then repeat.

I appreciate all your feedback-even if you only have a few word reply, the more people I can get to chime in on this the better.

Just a quick rundown of your routine is all I ask.
I’d appreciate anyone who has done a cycle to pitch in with the routine they used.

thanks

I do my regular 3-day split (pull, push, legs) whether on or off. I also stick to the same number of reps per set.

However, when on, I increase the number of sets in each workout, and decrease the time between workouts since I recover quicker. So for example:

Normal schedule: PULL, off, PUSH, off, LEGS, off
During cycle: PULL, PUSH, LEGS, off

I make some changes but I always train relative to my goals. There isn’t one way to train. The better experienced you are the easier it is to adjust your training routine accordingly which is based on a number of variables. The most obvious of which is what you want out of it. What are you training for?

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
So I’m curious as to what you guys use for training routines while on a cycle.
[/quote]
I’m in my 3rd cycle (1st bulking, 2nd bridge strength-wise, 3rd cutting)

I don’t change my routine (hight intensity 4/5days weekly split). I just add a bit of volume to have an higher level of pump.

By now I have merged “the ultimate triceps programm” (CW) with my own routine.

here I am :slight_smile:
But I use a split routines since 2004

i don’t like FB. I think they are great for performance but not for hypertrophy.
I found really interesting the recent article on training strategies:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1474118

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
Just a quick rundown of your routine is all I ask.
I’d appreciate anyone who has done a cycle to pitch in with the routine they used.

thanks[/quote]

My split:
Day 1: pecs+triceps
Day 2: shoulder+Calves
Day 3: off
Day 4: Back+biceps
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: Abs+“shoulder health wo”
Day 7: Off

I use heavy set for compound movement (BP, MP, DL, SQ) with medium rest. Then higher reps for isolation movement with smaller rest period.

In secondary exercise I often add superset, drop set. On compound sometimes i use rest pause. Also in the compounds I usually use no more than 6reps on 4-5 sets

(sorry for my poor english)

Hey Guys,
I’m on a 6 week cycle of Tbol and Var at 40mg/day each, and I’m 10 days in. The cycle has been great so far with a significant gain in strength, but not so much in the muscle mass department although it is still noticeable.

Anyway, I have stopped aching after workouts and do not have DOMS, although I have not changed my routine besides increasing weight and adding a couple extra sets here and there. I usually gauge my workouts by how sore I am the next day or day after, so I’m wondering if the AAS are making my recovery insanely fast, or if my form has deteriorated, or if it has something to do with my CNS.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just felt that this was related to the OP. Thanks for any ideas or comments.

C1ipse

I go from 4 day split to 6.

Roughly
Push
Pull
Legs
Push
Pull
Legs
Off

I find I need much less rest and the capacity for work is much higher.

Take advantage of your superpowers why you have them.

Westside Variation both on and off cycle. On cycle I probably do do slightly more sets on my “on” days and a bit more assistance work on the “off” days.