On Boring But Big, Missed the 5x10 Sets for a Workout

It was my OHP workout , I had to leave the gym because I had an urgent call at work. I completed my 3x3 sets though with no problem. Does this impact the training much, should I do the 5x10 for my shoulders with my next workout? (which is deadlift if i remember right)

The second you read this, run to the nearest heavyish/plausible thing and press it over your head for 5 sets of 10. There’s no time to lose.

Just proceed as normal, drop in the bucket as far as the big picture goes. Trying to catch-up and combine can dig holes that’ll screw you over much more than a missed workout can.

1 Like

What should I count it as? A missed workout? How much do the 5x10 sets impact on training?

Count it as a code 641b.

You’ll be fine.

7 Likes

Unacceptable. Gimme 10 hail mary’s, 20 hand stand push ups, and 30 double unders, 5x. Yes, Crossfit is your penance.

1 Like

Welcome to the wonderful world of “Not Doing Jack Shit.”
If you are not familiar with it, buy the book. It’s one of my favorite templates.

2 Likes

Over the span of 20 years of lifting, it won’t even be a blip.

How often would you say you fall back on this? I did it just yesterday myself, but it seems like, if you made a habit out of it, there just wouldn’t be enough volume going on for long term progress. I fully admit my noob-ness here though, so what do I know.

I use it for the exact same reason as I told the OP. If I have a workout with (very) limited time, at least I’ll get the main lift in for the day. That way I stay on track and don’t sweat the small stuff. I don’t use it often but I always have it in my back pocket if needed.

2 Likes