Ominous Invention or Hoax?

I have no idea as of yet how credible this is but I want to research further. I did do a quick search and one thing I saw claimed this was a hoax and it could very well be. I will add this though, if this would be for REAL, you can also see why ‘certain people’ people would want to discredit this concept and keep it very hush-hush.

I do know our military has already started implementing microwave technology based, non-lethal weapons in the field to some degree. Also directional magnetic-pulse weapons with capabilities to disable electronic equipment have been tested for years and are likely being put to some use on the ground in Iraq, although these would be of little use against insurgents who lack hi-tech equipment.

My take - as incredible as this thing sounds my feeling is this would turn out to be the ultimate weapon of mass destruction. This article only touches on the negative aspects of this device but it doesn’t take an overactive imagination to see this thing as a small hand-held weapon OR a very large satellite.

No doubt the negative effects of this thing, if for real, can be amplified or varied to make conventional weapons obsolete. Besides this being used as a weapon, the issue of invasion of privacy is a little disturbing - this isn’t just enhanced infrared, this is Superman X-ray vision shit.

Like I said, if this is for real, it’s even less likely you’ll hear much about it at all from our media as you’ll understand after reading this. If you do hear anything, it will be described as “ridiculous sci-fi, looney tunes” stuff and will try to discredit the inventor. BUT, this paper has confirmed that Saudi counter-intelligence and MIT is in regular contact with this guy which certainly lends to the credibility.

Regardless of this invention, I should also point out this same inventor has an impressive design to protect our troops from from small-arms fire as well as RPG’s you should really take a look at as well.
http://www.improbable.com/news/2004/troy-cushion-2004-06.html

[Of course certainly the most HORRIFYING part about the “Angel Light” to some on here will be that the French are looking at it… oui? ; ) ]

Hurtubise says invention sees through walls
By Phil Novak
BayToday.ca
Sunday, January 16, 2005

Troy Hurtubise has done the seemingly impossible with his newest invention and defied all known rules of physics, he says.

The Angel Light - Hurtubise claims the concept came to him in a recurring dream, can reportedly see through walls, as if there was no barrier at all.

That’s not all, though.

So impressed Hurtubise, 41, said the device detects stealth technology.

And he’s done the tests to prove it, with the covert help of scientists at the famed Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hurtubise said.

If that’s not enough, Hurtubise also said the French government sent representatives to North Bay to witness a demonstration of the Angel Light.

Hurtubise said the reps were so impressed with the eight-foot long device they paid him $40,000 in cash to put the finishing touches on it.

New universe
The French, Hurtubise adds, have also agreed to pay him a ‘substantial’ amount of money for the technology if it passes rigorous tests in France.

They couldn’t believe what they saw, Hurtubise told BayToday.ca.

One of them told me it was as if I’d discovered a new universe.

Gary Dryfoos, a consultant and former long-time instructor at MIT, said “there’s a Nobel Prize” for Hurtubise if the Angel Light really performs as described.

“There are laws of physics waiting to be written for what he’s talking about,” Dryfoos said.

The French aren’t the only ones interested in Hurtubise’s innovations.

BayToday.ca has obtained documentation confirming that the former head of Saudi counter-intelligence, who asked that his name not be used, has been in regular contact with Hurtubise regarding the Angel Light, fire paste, and the Light Infantry Military Blast Cushions (LIMBC).

Ultra-wideband technology
While Hurtubise’s claims appear, on the surface, to strain credulity, he has now placed himself miles ahead in the quest by high-tech companies to invent something that will do the same thing.

Motorola Inc. for example, has set its sights on emerging technology that could allow first responders and Special Forces to see through building walls, the Washington Technology Web site reports.

Camero Inc. an Israeli firm founded by technology and intelligence veterans, received $5 million from Motorola and other investors to develop portable imaging radar that uses ultra-wideband technology to create a 3-D picture of objects that are concealed by walls or other barriers.

Plasma light
Three units make up the Angel Light.

The main unit, which Hurtubise calls the centrifuge, contains the Angel Light’s brains and includes black, white, red and fluorescent light sources, as well as seven industrial lasers.

The second unit, or the deflector grid, contains a large circle of optical glass, a microwave unit and plasma intermixed with carbon dioxide.

The third unit contains eight plasma light rods, CO2 charges, industrial magnets, 108 mirrors, eight ionization cells industrial lights, and other components Hurtubise chooses to remain tight-lipped about.

Just a dream
Hurtubise said the Angel Light has cost $30,000 to build, he sold percentages of his other innovations to finance it as well as 800 to 900 hours of his time.

He credits his subconscious with the idea.

I had a dream about a year and a half ago as I do for most of my innovations, just a dream, and I saw it, saw the whole casing and everything, and I saw what it could do, Hurtubise said.

I had the same dream about that three times and by the third time I had it in my head and I started to build it.

Through the wall
Troy dreamed the Angel Light would be able to see through walls with window-like efficiency, and then built it with no blueprints, drawings or schematics.

I turned it on, that was well over a year ago, and it worked and it was really awesome.

Hurtubise said he could see into the garage behind his lab wall, and read the licence plate on his wife’s car and even see the salt on it.

“I almost broke my knuckles three or four times, because it was almost like you could step through the wall,” Hurtubise said.

“You could be fooled into believing that you could actually walk through the wall and go touch the car.”

Across the border
Hurtubise called his MIT contacts with news of what he’d done.

They told me that I was playing with electromagnetism, Hurtubise said.

The conversation ultimately led to the discovery of the Angel Light’s other startling properties.

Hurtubise said “somebody from MIT” shipped him an eight-inch by eight-inch piece of panelling from the latest Comanche helicopter, which was built using radar-resistant stealth technology.

It’s amazing what you can get across the border on a Greyhound bus, Hurtubise said.

Pick it up
Hurtubise was instructed to set up an outdoor track, which he did on First Nations land.

He attached the panel piece to a remote control car that went down the track.

Hurtubise then aimed the Angel Light at the panel and turned on a radar gun.

I was able to pick it up the panel on the radar gun, he said.

Stopped working
But a strange thing happened to the car, once it was hit by the Angel Light beam: it stopped working.

Hurtubise returned to his lab and began testing the Angel Light on other electronic items including portable radios, TVs and a microwave over.

They all stopped working, Hurtubise said.

He duly reported this to his MIT contacts.

“They said ‘Troy, this is unbelievable.’”

To the ground
Hurtubise purchase a remote-control plane for $1,800 and took it and the Angel Light to a flying field on the way to Powassan.

He directed the Angel Light beam toward the sky and started the plane flying.

"On the first loop it came around, passed through the beam of light and fell right to the ground, Hurtubise said.

Peeled it back
Hurtubise continued testing the light on other materials and discovered it could also see through other metals including steel, tin, titanium and, unlike Superman, lead.

As well the beam also penetrated ceramic and wood.

The Hurtubise put his hand in the light beam.

I could see my blood vessels, muscles, everything, like I’d taken an Exacto knife, cut into my skin and peeled it back, Hurtubise said.

Bad stuff
Soon after, Hurtubise discovered the Angel Light had devilish side-effects.

He lost feeling in the finger of the exposed hand and began suffering an overall malaise.

MIT told me every time I turned it on there must have been splash-back hitting me, Hurtubise said.

A test on a tank of goldfish was even more disturbing.

I turned the beam on it and within minutes all the goldfish died, Hurtubise said.

That’s when I realized there was a Hyde effect, as in Jekyll and Hyde, and I dismantled the whole thing.

Walked on water
He didn’t reassemble it until the French called him after seeing a Discovery Channel program about the LIMBC.

Hurtubise believes the Hyde effect can be taken out, but by others who have far more expertise than him.

In the meantime Hurtubise believes that after 17 years inventing, his ship may finally have come in with France.

“My brother told me the only way I’d be able to sell any of my innovations is by walking on water,” Hurtubise said.

“Well, I think I’ve just walked on water.”

My brother designs weapons for the US military. They’ve played around with HERF gun concepts and such, but the machines have to be enormous (like the size of a small building) to have any decent effect, making them next to useless for most military applications.

This sounds very much like any ordinary hoax. Some guy dreamed up an extremely complex device, and built it without any blueprints or any solid design idea? Come on, dude! We’re going to have to rewrite the laws of physics? Okay, whatever.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
My brother designs weapons for the US military. They’ve played around with HERF gun concepts and such, but the machines have to be enormous (like the size of a small building) to have any decent effect, making them next to useless for most military applications.

This sounds very much like any ordinary hoax. Some guy dreamed up an extremely complex device, and built it without any blueprints or any solid design idea? Come on, dude! We’re going to have to rewrite the laws of physics? Okay, whatever.[/quote]

I agree it does sound like a hoax on it’s own because it seems so “unbelievably” futuristic. I like to keep an open mind and the reason I don’t just dismiss this is that this guy is a fairly know inventor, he’s been on Discovery channel and other shows with other inventions.

To me it would seem pretty odd that he would make up a story like this with such specifics, especially since his name is already out there. (not saying that isn’t possible, but pretty stupid and easily discredited)

Plus the website is like a regular local news type site, not a sci-fi site or something. They say in the story they have documentation verifying he’s in regular contact with the former head of Saudi counter-intelligence. Something else to think about.

The main reason I don’t dismiss this out-of-hand is that I’ve read quite a bit about Tesla’s experiments and inventions that he was working on a 100 YEARS AGO. To read what he had already discovered back then just blows my mind. Considering the government confiscated all his work as soon as he died about 60 years ago and most of it is still classified to this day tells you something.

It’s actually pretty scary to think we’ve had 60 years to advance his technology when you know what he was already doing back then. He already had working prototypes made of his particle-beam weapon back in the 40’s that he said was based on an entirely new principle of physics.

Microwave gun to be used by US troops on Iraq rioters
By Tony Freinberg and Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent
19/09/2004

Microwave weapons that cause pain without lasting injury are to be issued to American troops in Iraq for the first time as concern mounts over the growing number of civilians killed in fighting.

The non-lethal weapons, which use high-powered electromagnetic beams, will be fitted to vehicles already in Iraq, which will allow the system to be introduced as early as next year.

Using technology similar to that found in a conventional microwave oven, the beam rapidly heats water molecules in the skin to cause intolerable pain and a burning sensation. The invisible beam penetrates the skin to a depth of less than a millimetre. As soon as the target moves out of the beam’s path, the pain disappears.

Because there are no after-effects, the United States Department of Defence believes that the weapons will be particularly useful in urban conflict. The beam could be used to scatter large crowds in which insurgents operate at close quarters to both troops and civilians.

Microwave-check.
Infra-red-check.
Plasma? Not likely.
The fourth state of matter is still a bit out of reach. Especialy in a small transportable unit.
Unless he also cracked the mysteries of cold fussion for a power source, and superconducters at room temprature.

Regardless of whether or not he has, I say we assasinate him imediately. Whoops,I am typing out loud again aren’t I? Shit! Foiled again!

JTF: I can appreciate an open honest mind just as much as the next guy, but this is hogwash. Trust me. If this guy was for real, he wouldn’t be getting published in some small town newspaper-like website or whatever, he’d be in a think-tank along with my brother. If he is being courted by the French, I can guarantee that it doesn’t work the way he says it does, and I’m sure some military research types are laughing their assess off at the idea of some French retards buying “super-ultra-futuristic” technology from under our noses.

Export control liscense.

You can’t export stuff like this, or the technology, without DOD permission. Same for arms, targeting technology etc.

If it were possible, and I don’t think it is, it would be a black project by now and we wouldn’t be reading about it. The chances of the French, even being allowed to see it, would be nil.

Cool story though.

Want to see some real neat technology in action that is real. Take a look at some of the unmanned weapons we are using. Aircraft and now small robots on the ground. We used to use the robots for recon, now they are packing M-240’s and as well as rockets and an unbelievable piece of hardware called metal storm. Makes a mini-gun look like a pea-shooter. That’s some bad ass stuff.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Want to see some real neat technology in action that is real. Take a look at some of the unmanned weapons we are using. Aircraft and now small robots on the ground. We used to use the robots for recon, now they are packing M-240’s and as well as rockets and an unbelievable piece of hardware called metal storm. Makes a mini-gun look like a pea-shooter. That’s some bad ass stuff.[/quote]

Hedo, I’m going to brag about my brother for a second here, because I’m friggin’ proud of him. He was on the design/concept team that produced the specs for our unmanned attack drones. But that was a long time ago. Now he’s doing something involving submarines and string theory or something like that. He’s been going out to sea to field-test his little gadgets every other month or so. I can’t post what it is, but it’s friggin’ cool as shit. Let’s just say that our naval superiority is unquestionable times ten now.

I downloaded a bunch of videos of that metal storm thing. Holy shit, that is impressive.

can i get a link so i can see the metal storm that you are talking about?

FEEL OUR WRATH!!!

http://www.metalstorm.com/04_videos/videos.html

Cool shit, huh guys? Remember when we made fun of techie geeks back in high school? This is what they build when they grow up.

Have you thanked your nerd today?

lothario,
My brother works in anti sub warfare too! They do have some realy cool shit going on.