OMG Golden Corral

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:
They get mad after your fourth steak, so make sure you switch it up a bit.[/quote]

Aw horseshit.

I have annihilated so much food at GC, including steaks, that it causes my large intestine to break dance just thinking about it and I have NEVER seen a GC employee do anything other than smile and bring me more clean plates.[/quote]

I’ve only seen the bosses ass kisser do this, really dude you flip steaks you really think you’re going to get manager?

So, I do two things, either he’s an asshole or a ass kisser. So, I try to pay him five bucks to have a rare steak up every ten minutes or I go tell the manager that I saw him cough on his un gloved hand, pick his teeth, wipe his nose and then flip a steak with his hand and put it on someone’s plate without washing his hands…immediately put on dish washing duty, ass kisser.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Did I mention this whole building is made of meat?[/quote]

So, there are load bearing salamis in every corner? Is the ceiling made of brisket?

Floors of custom Italian in-laid pork and chicken? Mmmmm…

I see commercials for this place all the time but I don’t think there are any around here…[/quote]
What’s funny is Load-Bearing Salami was my nickname in high school.

We had a GC right near my house years ago. Now in its place is a fucking Chili’s.

However much I liked the GC, the LAST time we ate there we waited 20 minutes before a waiter arrived, then another 45 minutes 'til the food arrived. As the food was coming out, we were leaving. The manager asked what was wrong and I told him point blank my feelings. He didn’t do shit to keep me as a customer, so I never went back. And I suspect a lot of people felt the same.

No wonder there’s a Chili’s in its place now.

Not sure if they’re just local but Ryans Steakhouse is another great buffet joint and their rolls are the shit. Like all buffets it’s hit or miss but it’s 75% hit, they have so much food you’ll find something.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
45 minutes 'til the food arrived. [/quote]

I thought it was a buffet? Don’t you just go get your food - why did you have to wait 45 minutes?

Fellas I think the point SteelyD was trying to make was that its all you can eat MEAT. Fuck the rolls and tortillas. You can eat like the 3 bears and Goldilocks…and her mama in meat and veggies.I go there and Ryans when I’m dieting and rack up on brisket and chicken and green beans and lima beans.I also go to a Japanese buffet and eat boiled shrimp and snow crab legs til they fill my lungs.How dare you talk about eatin rolls on T-Nation. GET EM CT!!!

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
45 minutes 'til the food arrived. [/quote]

I thought it was a buffet? Don’t you just go get your food - why did you have to wait 45 minutes?

[/quote]

You could order stuff on the menu.

^^ It is a buffet…he just stared them down for 45 minutes till they brought them the food anyway.

I did the same sort of thing to a bouncer at a bar once. I told him I wanted a beer. He told me he’s a bouncer not a waitress.
I said I know.
Then stared at him.
Then he said " You didn’t say what kind of beer."
Then I said “I was joking buddy…I want a whiskey.”

[quote]dorjedradul wrote:
Fellas I think the point SteelyD was trying to make was that its all you can eat MEAT. Fuck the rolls and tortillas. You can eat like the 3 bears and Goldilocks…and her mama in meat and veggies.I go there and Ryans when I’m dieting and rack up on brisket and chicken and green beans and lima beans.I also go to a Japanese buffet and eat boiled shrimp and snow crab legs til they fill my lungs.How dare you talk about eatin rolls on T-Nation. GET EM CT!!![/quote]

Wow. Been here since 2006 and that’s only your 2nd post?

lol

[quote]pushharder wrote:
My employees and I, who travel often, have nicknamed GC “The Trough”. The nickname has more to do with the swine who are slopped there than the amount of food served.

Eating there does get old after awhile if done often enough.

My biggest problem with going there is having to observe the fat (disgustingly fat) fucks who have no business being in a literal cornucopia like GC when they’d be much better off betrothed to the Velocity Diet and wearing an electronic dog collar while a handler zaps them if they ever get near the dessert bar and/or macaroni and cheese.[/quote]

Have to agree with you Push, we dont go due to the amount of large ass people. My wife has a real problem with this, I can ignore anything, hell I stayed married to my X-Wife two years longer than I should. HOWEVER keeping the wife happy keeps my life happy.

I quit going to Golden Corral when I lived in Florida out of sheer disgust. Yeah, it was cool at first seeing all of that unlimited food…but after a few weeks of watching rotund heifer after rotund heifer waddle and wheeze their way through 5 or 6 plates of food, I just had enough.

The last straw was me seeing some little girl who must have been about 8 years old stop to take a breath during her epic trek across the 20 feet from her table to the feeding trough. She was out of cupcakes…and she was determined to not be stopped by poor cardiovascular health. She pushed onward, step after ever widening breathless step until she reached the cakes. I remember she smiled like she had seen heaven…and then I threw up and never went back.

^ That reminded me of one night when I was working in ER, I had a little 3 year old girl waddle in that weighed 78 pounds. She was so over weight her arms stuck straight out like the stay puff marshmellow man, her mom and grandma where just bigger versions. At the time my youngest was 8 or 9 and was outweighed by this little girl.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
My employees and I, who travel often, have nicknamed GC “The Trough”. The nickname has more to do with the swine who are slopped there than the amount of food served.

Eating there does get old after awhile if done often enough.

My biggest problem with going there is having to observe the fat (disgustingly fat) fucks who have no business being in a literal cornucopia like GC when they’d be much better off betrothed to the Velocity Diet and wearing an electronic dog collar while a handler zaps them if they ever get near the dessert bar and/or macaroni and cheese.[/quote]

Have to agree with you Push, we dont go due to the amount of large ass people. My wife has a real problem with this, I can ignore anything, hell I stayed married to my X-Wife two years longer than I should. HOWEVER keeping the wife happy keeps my life happy. [/quote]

I’m not squeamish by any stretch. Hell, I’ve even watched televised surgeries on TV while eating, and sometimes watching those make me hungry for rare beef!
But when I took my family to Applebees a few years ago, I couldn’t believe all the fat fucks in there. I was so disgusted I lost my appetite completely. I should have faced the wall, but instead was facing into the restaurant and front door, thereby catching site of every whale, pig, and manatee that entered.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ That reminded me of one night when I was working in ER, I had a little 3 year old girl waddle in that weighed 78 pounds. She was so over weight her arms stuck straight out like the stay puff marshmellow man, her mom and grandma where just bigger versions. At the time my youngest was 8 or 9 and was outweighed by this little girl. [/quote]

But it isn’t just that they are fat…it is the act of apparently trying to physically get fatter that very evening while in the restaurant. They seem to be trying to pack on an extra 10lbs for the ride home…which is why I laugh at people who still think obesity is some accident out of their control.

After seeing how many of these people eat, they are fat because they want to be or just don’t give a shit.

I remember some of them from Golden Corral because they were just that much of a spectacle, like one family of extremely…EXTREMELY…obese people where the man’s stomach was so big his kids were playing around him like a merry-go-round. They looked like small moons orbiting a very large planet like Jupiter. He didn’t find a seat…he made one…using his own gut as his table because he was too big to reach the table he sat at.

WHY THE FUCK would someone like that choose a fucking BUFFET and proceed to see how many plates of food could fit in him?

They used a TRAY as their plate…because the plates weren’t big enough.

Yeah, let me cry about these people on Oprah because of how things are out of their control.

^ That is why my wife will not go to buffet’s period. It just makes us sad to see the amount of abuse people do to themselves and then I am constantly asked “What can I do to lose weight?”.

But when I am away on business, I hit the Corral for the meat. No choice cause I get tired of paying a shit load of money for beef jerkey, or getting a double meat whataburger and throwing away the bun.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ That is why my wife will not go to buffet’s period. It just makes us sad to see the amount of abuse people do to themselves and then I am constantly asked “What can I do to lose weight?”.

But when I am away on business, I hit the Corral for the meat. No choice cause I get tired of paying a shit load of money for beef jerkey, or getting a double meat whataburger and throwing away the bun. [/quote]

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I did some damage to that place before I quit going. That was how I hit my heaviest body weight back then. I was eating all day long though and would hit them up after work. It just sort of hit me as fucking strange how people acted and may have been why I dropped weight back then. It wasn’t just about enjoying a nice meal out with the family. It was about wrecking shop in there and some of those people had the worst hygiene I have seen short of WalMart on a Saturday afternoon.

They weren’t ashamed either. If I could rest my tray on my stomach to eat, I just might be a tad self conscious.

Not these people.

^ But isnt that just sad, you have to avoid certain places to eat due to the people that go eat there?

You brought up WalMart I was down on business in my old town of Corpus, went to a local WalMart cause I needed something for my daughter. The guy who rings the bell at Christmas time is laying on his back, head up against the wall, has a full meal from McDonalds laid out on his chest eating. I so wanted to take a picture of that. Of course he was fat, and his shirt had ridden up where his gut was hanging out.

Brazilian buffets kick GC’s ass six ways from Sunday. Unlimited meat of various species of slaughtered animal, and they bring that shit right to your table until you tell them to stop. Quality is also much better than any buffet I’ve ever been to.

It is a little more pricey than GC or Ponderosa though.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Brazilian buffets kick GC’s ass six ways from Sunday. Unlimited meat of various species of slaughtered animal, and they bring that shit right to your table until you tell them to stop. Quality is also much better than any buffet I’ve ever been to.

It is a little more pricey than GC or Ponderosa though.[/quote]

yeah if you want to spend $50/person

Brazilian buffets and GC are not even in the same ball park price wise.