Omfg My Arm!!!!

ok I don’t know what has happened but my right arm hurts like hell.

It feels like someone has got a sledgehammer and wacked me on my arm just above the elbow. There is an extreme throbbing pain going from my elbow to my forearm, and my bicep/tricep/deltoid are extremely loose with no muscle tone at all compared to my left arm.

im typing this with one hand right now since whenever i move the fingers on my other arm the throbbing pain is emphasized.

its been hurting since I caught a 12kg bag of cement with the arm, it fell from a high) shelf (about 7 feet) and due to the impact it cause my arm to hyper-extend very quickly.

Not to sound overconfident, but I think I can speak for everyone else on this site as well… It would probably be better to see a doctor rather than asking for help on an internet message board. My GUESS would be a torn tendon or muscle, but I’m just a banker, not a doctor. Good luck with that.

Go see a doctor, STAT.

Definitely get your arm checked out as soon as possible by a doctor. Don’t mess around and wait, thinking it will get better.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
ok I don’t know what has happened but my right arm hurts like hell.

It feels like someone has got a sledgehammer and wacked me on my arm just above the elbow. There is an extreme throbbing pain going from my elbow to my forearm, and my bicep/tricep/deltoid are extremely loose with no muscle tone at all compared to my left arm.

im typing this with one hand right now since whenever i move the fingers on my other arm the throbbing pain is emphasized.

its been hurting since I caught a 12kg bag of cement with the arm, it fell from a high) shelf (about 7 feet) and due to the impact it cause my arm to hyper-extend very quickly.

[/quote]

I agree with the others. There are some things that you can ask on a message board and expect a reasonable answer, this is not one of those things. Either go to your doctor or the emergency room.

I’m betting on a torn bicep tendon.

ICE IT!

Yep… Dr.

Take some Flameout. You’ll be fine.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Take some Flameout. You’ll be fine.[/quote]

HAHAHA!!

Sabotage.

squats and milk?

I drank 2 gallons of milk and did 30 sets of 100 rep squats, worked a charm.

But no seriously, I went to the doctor, apparently I ‘strained a ligament’ in my elbow, im just supposed to ice it a few times a day and keep it bandaged up.

My roommates got a good laugh out of this thread. I don’t see why it’s that funny…

BTW, which ligament was damaged?

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
I drank 2 gallons of milk and did 30 sets of 100 rep squats, worked a charm.

But no seriously, I went to the doctor, apparently I ‘strained a ligament’ in my elbow, im just supposed to ice it a few times a day and keep it bandaged up.[/quote]

Good luck with that, buddy. =]

I tore/strained 2 different muscles on my foot and ankle. It’s been past two weeks and I still can’t walk more than about 50 meters without a good deal of pain.

Bah… I’m using the time off on some hard core cutting at least. The best thing to do when you’re stuck at home =]

[quote]Burn wrote:
Good luck with that, buddy. =]

I tore/strained 2 different muscles on my foot and ankle. It’s been past two weeks and I still can’t walk more than about 50 meters without a good deal of pain…[/quote]

That’s what you get for using the Metric System. You’re in America, mister!

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

If movement of your fingers causes pain, you did more than just sprain a ligament in the elbow. Pain on active movement indicates contractile tissue (or nervous tissue) injury. I would get a second opinion and have the soft tissue around your common extensor origin checked out (brachioradialis,biceps, wrist extensors etc).

hope that helps

Keep us updated on this bro. It sounds serious and we are interested to see how it unfolds.

[quote]Contach wrote:
My roommates got a good laugh out of this thread. I don’t see why it’s that funny…

BTW, which ligament was damaged?[/quote]

He said that the ulnar collateral ligament was the one that got sprained the most, but he also stated that the radial collateral ligament is a little tender also.

[quote]dra wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:

If movement of your fingers causes pain, you did more than just sprain a ligament in the elbow. Pain on active movement indicates contractile tissue (or nervous tissue) injury. I would get a second opinion and have the soft tissue around your common extensor origin checked out (brachioradialis,biceps, wrist extensors etc).

hope that helps
[/quote]

The pain subsided slightly, so I thought it was going to be ok, however I woke up the other day and I was in fucking agony.

So I went to the pyshio at my gym last night.(he’s highly rated so I thought that would be a good idea)

Anyways, this might make you laugh:

I did indeed sprain the ligaments on my elbow from the elbow was hyperextended in the collision with the bag of cement, however, something else contributed to the pain…

You see, I got pretty drunk the night before, and did some arm wrestling with my friends, anyway apparently my technique is shit and because of the maximal isomentric contraction and torque/positioning of my forearm I injured my bicep tendon.

So I have Elbow Tendonitis (Caused by 2 hours of arm wrestling on top of weight training biceps during the week) and a slight sprain on my radial collateral ligament & ulnar collateral ligament.

Safe to say my arm is pretty fucked, however my pyshio suggested some rehabilition excerises which will help, this includes squeezing this ball he gave me for a few minutes a couple times a day, and perform some very light dumbbell curls, doing about 3 sets of 20 every day.

On top of this I have to ice it, see the pyshio for tendon massaging and apply ‘deep heat’ to the elbow area.

Hooray for arm wrestling & catching bags of cement!

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
squats and milk?[/quote]

Seconded. Just make sure you don’t forget the light pull-overs.

I could told you that. I stayed at a holiday inn last night.