T Nation

Omega 3/Fatty Acid Supplements?

I’m looking for a step up from my cheap brand fatty acids, and I’ve heard Flameout to be pretty good, but some people take some extra oils addition to Flameout as if it isnt sufficient.

I’ve had two reconstructive surgeries and have horrible joints, i’m an explosive athlete and my joints need to be able to withstand stress/impact. Suggestions? Doubledose Flameout with flax seed oil maybe?

[quote]JSopko wrote:
I’m looking for a step up from my cheap brand fatty acids, and I’ve heard Flameout to be pretty good, but some people take some extra oils addition to Flameout as if it isnt sufficient.

I’ve had two reconstructive surgeries and have horrible joints, i’m an explosive athlete and my joints need to be able to withstand stress/impact. Suggestions? Doubledose Flameout with flax seed oil maybe?[/quote]

I like Carlson’s Very Finest Fish Lemon Fish Oil, each teaspoon is 1800mg’s of omega 3 fatty acids.

Id for sure give Flameout a try. It helped my joints a ton I was High dosing the cheaper brand I just switched in 0ne serving of Flameout for the the same amount of the walmart etc brand.

Phill

Phill i think i read in another thread you take some more inexpensive fish oils with your Flameouts? If this is true, what brand, how many, and why?

Also is it possible to take too much? i.e. getting sick from overdosage

[quote]JSopko wrote:
Phill i think i read in another thread you take some more inexpensive fish oils with your Flameouts? If this is true, what brand, how many, and why?

Also is it possible to take too much? i.e. getting sick from overdosage[/quote]

Yhea take what evers cheapest with them as well as a cheap does of cod liver oil a day for the vit D. I take 21 or so caps a day 6 of which is Flameout. Has really made My CHO levels great joints etc feel better, mainly health reasons. that and balance my fatty acid intake in this world that 3’s are very scarce

Phill

[quote]JSopko wrote:

Also is it possible to take too much? i.e. getting sick from overdosage[/quote]

Actually yes you can but you have to TRY hard to reach that point.

Phill

Thanks a lot Phill, I appreciate it.