Omega 3 Eggs

my wife and i have been trying omega 3 eggs lately, and i had a quick question about them.

would the addded omega-3 fats be in the yolk only, or would there also be some in the white as well?

Thanks,

Cyco

all in the yolk, the white is fat free.

I don’t think you’ll find much of anything in the egg white, other than protein. All the omega-3 will be in the yolk.

you better not be thinking of ditching the yolk pussy

alright, thanks guys.

A small baby chick dies every time you ditch the yolk.
For real, don’t do that shit. Gotta eat it up.

I looked at some omega 3 eggs the other day, and it seems that it would work out cheaper to eat normal eggs and take fish oil, although I didn’t do the maths…

my favorite type of egg right now

In the yolk. This is the egg I eat. I supp fish oil too but if I’m going to eat fat in my diet, I’ll make as much of it Omega 3 as possible.

How is the omega 3 added?

[quote]bwbski wrote:
How is the omega 3 added?[/quote]

They feed it to the chickens.

The yolk looks so much more yellow in omega eggs. I find regular eggs kind of sketchy now.

Krogers has 660 mg Omega 3 Eggs. I stock up like 3-4 cartons at a time. Or I buy their free cage 110 mg Omega eggs, which honestly look like some farm fresh eggs when you crack them open.

BTW OP, think about this. The white is all protein and the yolk contains all the essential vitamins and fats. Omega 3 is a Fatty acid and yolk is where all the fats are:P.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
The yolk looks so much more yellow in omega eggs. I find regular eggs kind of sketchy now. [/quote]

I noticed that too, and then compared the omega 3 eggs to eggs we buy at a local farmers market in the spring and summer, and they seem to be much closer in appearance…I’m thinking the farmers market’s free range chickens are eating more bugs and such as chickens are meant to, possibly giving them a higher omega 3 content than the non fortified grocery store eggs.

[quote]atg410 wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:
The yolk looks so much more yellow in omega eggs. I find regular eggs kind of sketchy now.

I noticed that too, and then compared the omega 3 eggs to eggs we buy at a local farmers market in the spring and summer, and they seem to be much closer in appearance…I’m thinking the farmers market’s free range chickens are eating more bugs and such as chickens are meant to, possibly giving them a higher omega 3 content than the non fortified grocery store eggs.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t doubt this. I have noticed that the O3 eggs have richer looking yolks. Very yummy stuff. Really good hard boiled…