Omega 3 Eggs -- Bogus?

They are healthier but the question is can you afford them. If you have unlimited funds, eat omega three eggs over the other. If not- don’t.

$2.49 for 12 large, or $2.59 for 12 extra large (the better buy of the two) requires unlimited funds?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
$2.49 for 12 large, or $2.59 for 12 extra large (the better buy of the two) requires unlimited funds?[/quote]

no, but for some people every cent counts. especially when your eating loads of them everyday.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
$2.49 for 12 large, or $2.59 for 12 extra large (the better buy of the two) requires unlimited funds?

no, but for some people every cent counts. especially when your eating loads of them everyday.[/quote]

if someone can’t afford 10 extra cents, then they probably have bigger problems to worry about, even if they’re eating a dozen a day.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

no, but for some people every cent counts. especially when your eating loads of them everyday.

if someone can’t afford 10 extra cents, then they probably have bigger problems to worry about, even if they’re eating a dozen a day.[/quote]

the deal i get at the vons here is 36 eggs for 4.99-- omegas are way more expensive than that.

I’ve stopped using Omega 3 eggs purely for economical reasons. Here they cost £1.86 for 6 eggs, and I can get 18 regular eggs for £1.79.

The variety I used to get didn’t specify the amound of EPA/DHA per egg, only that it was 300mg Omega 3 per egg. And that’s not much at all when your trying to get at least 10g of Omega 3’s a day.

I worked out it would be cheaper to get Strawberry flavoured liquid Omega 3’s which contains 1375mg of Omega 3 ( 825 EPA & 550 DHA per 5ml serving.

O3 eggs just seem like a waste of money to me.

LR

Did you compare that you are getting, at least in the case of the specific eggs I use, something like 15% more protein for your 4% increase in price?

The Omega 3 eggs had 7.8g protein per egg while the others have 6.7g which isn’t much in the grand scheme of things when your getting an average of 305g of protein a day.

LR

I’m sorry, I missed seeing that your prices were comparing different numbers of eggs.

Had they been the same number of eggs then my point would have been valid: paying £1.86 for eggs with 7.8 g protein would be a better deal than paying £1.79 for the same number of eggs with 6.7 g protein each.

But in fact you wrote that the £1.86 price is for one-third as many eggs.

Whoah. They are trying to rob people blind for Omega-3 eggs in the UK.

Seriously, here in Florida I pay $2.59 for 12 extra large omega-3 eggs. That is £1.75 for 12. I don’t know how much regular extra-large eggs are here but I don’t believe it’s much less.

That article missed the main point by wanting to complain about “health” which, like statistics can be made to say whatever you want.

the fats in eggs are not the problem and to say they are not healthy because of saturated fat is stupid.

So, if you believe / agree eggs are ok to eat in a healthy diet…

The question becomes omega 3 or not?? where I live they cost the same as regular eggs (price bounces around more then gas)

I buy them in packs of 5 dozen so they come out cheaper then normal eggs…

So, since I am going to eat them anyways, might as well get a few grams of omega 3’s for free from something other then fish oil… variety is the spice of life after all…

Summary for people with ADD like me.

1)The people writing the survey are stupid.

2)Eat your omega 3 eggs over regular for the simple fact its extra omega 3’s…

No matter about anything else, the Giving Nature Omega 3 XL eggs are richer in taste and color than any other brand of egg I have eaten in the USA. Japan has awesome eggs, Giving Nature are the only ones that come close that I can find.

I eat eggs almost everyday, with bacon. Lots of wonderful bacon… So I’ve tried many brands. I dislike the taste of the eggs with very light yellow yolks. I have to assume that they are less nutritious as well, though I have no clue really.

I seriously just laughed reading some of these posts…

[b]Unlimited funds? If you can afford them?[/b]

Good Christ. The vast majority of the people on here pimp Biotest products, which are hardly inexpensive; you would think people could afford some Omega-3 eggs.

By the way, I eat 5 “Eggland’s Best” eggs every day. That’s 35 a week for those that are mathematically challenged.

Apparently, I’m filthy rich.

Paupers.

If one does no pimp Biotest products, then why is one here?

Also, I pay $1.79 a dozen for Pilgrim’s Pride Omega-3 eggs. Or, for four dollars, I can by the seemingly watered-down 42 pack of retarded eggs.

Biotest Eggs…
Wouldn’t that be a sight.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I’m sorry, I missed seeing that your prices were comparing different numbers of eggs.

Had they been the same number of eggs then my point would have been valid: paying £1.86 for eggs with 7.8 g protein would be a better deal than paying £1.79 for the same number of eggs with 6.7 g protein each.

But in fact you wrote that the £1.86 price is for one-third as many eggs.

Whoah. They are trying to rob people blind for Omega-3 eggs in the UK.

Seriously, here in Florida I pay $2.59 for 12 extra large omega-3 eggs. That is £1.75 for 12. I don’t know how much regular extra-large eggs are here but I don’t believe it’s much less.[/quote]

Yeah, it was 6 compaired with 18 (good quality free range) eggs.

It’s not called ripp off Britain for nothing.

You guys in the states don’t know how good you have it when it comes to food prices. Remember, this isn’t only about the Omega 3 eggs prices, when you add up just normal everyday things like veggies, meat, etc it all adds up to quiet a bit. Plus the free shipping and no extra import duties (12.8%) and tax (17.5%) on Biotest goods.

LR