OMAD (one meal a day) beginner

Hi

So my goal is to lose weight (like go from 250lbs to 240lbs)

I eat healthy, my meals make sense but I dont count anything, never did and never will. I am in very good shape, as good as it can be, I take it seriously

Now my situation is different, I am in vacation abroad and I like to eat one big meal a day for convenience at the restaurant (at like 13h). I will not do anything else than that for now.This is OMAD apparently.

The meal will be typically meats, eggs (extra if I can) and I touch a bit of the beans with rice on the side (dont eat all the rice) and whatever else there is

I will get a PWO shake at the gym the days I am training.

I am feeling great and a bit euphoric with this scheme so I plan to go on

The question is, if I want to still gain or keep as much muscle and strength as I can, should I add something like bcaas in the morning and/or at night? How much grams of bcaas do I take?

Thanks

I really don’t think the addition of BCAAs will change whether you gain muscle or not.

You’re trying to lean out but also gain; how long is this vacation? It seems reasonable to just maintain, unless your ‘vacation’ is a few months.

1 Like

Workouts are crap but Im basically melting at this point with OMAD, weighted myself at under 110kg while I was 114-115kg 2 weeks ago

A month

But I plan on going on with this indefinitely

So I wonder if I should add bcass or protein shake in the evening

More protein is never a bad call, especially when dieting.

FWIW the plan you’re speaking of sounds an aweful lot like @Christian_Thibaudeau’s Pulse Feast which I genuinely enjoy doing. It is quite hard to hit very high numbers on protein, say north of 300g, but I do something similar to this already.

Brekkie:
4 whole eggs

Lunch:
16oz chicken breast

Dinner:
12oz chicken breast OR 16oz lean beef with 200g rice

PWO:
Bagel with Cream Cheese
1x medium banana

Without BCAAs or protein shakes, this adds up to:
P: 230g
F: 50g
C: 225g

It is very sustainable for me tbh, I would give the linked article a read - it sounds right up your alley.

2 Likes