Olympics Opening Ceremony

Wow - Just watched the opening ceremony and it was pretty damn amazing.

I strongly suspect that there are now a lot of people in London shitting themselves and thinking “How the fuck do we top that!?!?!”

I think we should go for what we are known for.

My opening ceremony would start with 3000 football hooligans fighting to the death whilst a host of 14 year old mums parade round the perimeter with their babies in their arms, drinking lambrini and smoking L&B’s

Or a bunch of punks drinking tea doing the same thing.

[quote]elano wrote:
Or a bunch of punks drinking tea doing the same thing.[/quote]

You see this is why I posted this thread. When I put in my bid to coordinate the opening ceremony I want as much input as possible from the other countries out there that are gonna kick our asses.

A Chinese man I met said that he was boycotting the opening ceremony because of the Tibet issue. He said “Who is the government to tell me what to do at the point of a gun?” He also said "You don’t see what really happens there " and that “Things are really bad and that the government does not represent the people”.

He then went on to say how he does support the athletes because he himself was an Olympic basketball player. It was in interesting conversation and he was very educated sounding.

[quote]elano wrote:
A Chinese man I met said that he was boycotting the opening ceremony because of the Tibet issue. He said “Who is the government to tell me what to do at the point of a gun?” He also said "You don’t see what really happens there " and that “Things are really bad and that the government does not represent the people”.

He then went on to say how he does support the athletes because he himself was an Olympic basketball player. It was in interesting conversation and he was very educated sounding.[/quote]

PLEASE! Don’t make this thread serious.

I know what you mean though. The public facing image of China and the games is squeeky clean. I call bullshit.

yeah i was about to go to sleep and then the ceremony came on i was in shock watched every bit of it i couldnt leave it was mesmorizing they are dedicated people to that, i just hope that their military isnt that good lol very very very amazing

How was this topic missed?

I caught maybe 10 minutes of the ceremony on holiday, the opening bits where unbelievable.

Should be interesting to see if security is tightened up the same way when the Olympics get here - apparently the airport was closed for the day, and tight security was placed around train related trainsport.

You’ll need at least 5000 footballers, from the Millwall area.

only thing you could do to come even close to that is dress the Queen up in a maids outfit and have her serve the would Tea

[quote]Renton wrote:

I strongly suspect that there are now a lot of people in London shitting themselves and thinking “How the fuck do we top that!?!?!”[/quote]

A day or two after the ceremony I saw an article online from a british newspaper claiming some of the fireworks were fake. I guess they’re trying to come up with excuses already.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Renton wrote:

I strongly suspect that there are now a lot of people in London shitting themselves and thinking “How the fuck do we top that!?!?!”

A day or two after the ceremony I saw an article online from a british newspaper claiming some of the fireworks were fake. I guess they’re trying to come up with excuses already.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA, why am I not surprised.

You should hear the things that qualify for “news” on some of the radio stations here.

Yes, part of them were fake. Welcome to the 21st Century.

London can only hope not to have such a nice opening. All important places shut down, gigantic security perimeter around the stadium, an army of gestapo in town, humans marching around as an art form, poor people, whores and migrant workers (the very same that build that shit) kicked out of town on the last days, smog that tears your lungs apart, fake singing, fireworks and clasping.

I think the nazi-olympic games were jollier.
Yuck!

Opening ceremony trivia. 1908 Olympics, London. Martin Sheridan, American team captain, Shot Put and Discus thrower, Irish immigrant. Refused to tip the US flag during the opening ceremony. Explained that “This flag dips to no earthly king.” Despite international customs that encourage dipping the flag in respect to heads of state the US flag bearers haven’t done so since.

Let Spitfires dogfight some Messerschmits over the stadium.
That will be sufficient

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
That will be sufficient[/quote]

as long as the Queen is flying

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
We thought they could get loads of antisocial yoofs in and do a confetti parade with all their ASBOs.

Joyriders doing arty handbrake turns and shit in subarus and fiestas.

Some sort of pageant featuring underage drinkers stomping some middle aged bloke to death on his front doorstep whilst his family watches from an upstairs window.

Paedophiles circling a mock playgound.

And the highlight of the event: A ‘keystone cops’ type affair, showing the diligence and effectiveness of the police and the CPS. All the serious offenders walk free and the petty crims go down. All done to the Benny Hill theme music of course. Hilarious.

EDIT: I nearly forgot a critical aspect of UK culture…

A pantomime featuring our two leading political parties. OK so it won’t be much more than two bloated, ugly, incompetent, power-hungry fatcats sitting in overstuffed armchairs, resting their feet on the backs of poor, downtrodden, working class ‘footstools’, shouting “Oh yes you did!, Oh no I didn’t! Oh yes you did! Oh no I didn’t!” at each others fat red faces. Oh and they have to be spending taxpayers money on inappropriate things and hiding the reciepts so as to keep it all secret. Cunts.[/quote]

LMAO - Somebody a little sore at the legal system? :stuck_out_tongue:

What about a pile of pissed up Essex girls giving free blow jobs to the croud?*

*Mind you that’ll happen anyway near enough.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Renton wrote:

A day or two after the ceremony I saw an article online from a british newspaper claiming some of the fireworks were fake. I guess they’re trying to come up with excuses already.[/quote]

Is that the part where the announcers said: “This is fake because it’s too dangerous to fly a helicopter over the real fireworks?”

morris dancing!

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
That will be sufficient[/quote]

I like the way you think.