Olympic Weightlifting in Manhattan

Alright, so I’m getting pretty frustrated. For some time now, I’ve been searching for a gym in Manhattan that has an olympic lifting platform and bumper plates. So far, the only one I’ve found is Peak Performance, NYC. This would be great if I was a millionaire but, unfortunately, I’m not.

For the past few months I’ve been training at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens and have been having a great time, but my schedule is changing and I can only train mornings (they only train nights).

So I’m enlisting the help of the T-Community. Does anyone know of a place I could lift in NYC?

I believe Coliseum Gym in Queens has bumper plates (www.coliseumgym.com).

The Equinox gym on West 61st street has bumper plates and I have even seen a platform setup. But I never see anybody using them so maybe there is a group in the mornings or other time that I don’t know about.

I can’t say for sure but I would guess that the New York Athletic Club (NYAC), 59th street, 7th ave, would have it, but you may be back into the millionaire problem.

velocity sports performance on 56th and lex - its really expensive though.

Thanks for the replies. I’ ll check out both Equinox and Coliseum and update soon.

Hey Parker, I know this is really long after you posted but I actually just opened an Olympic weightlifting/powerlifting gym in LIC, NY. I’m posting on here for anyone who may search for this because I had the hardest time myself finding a decent place to lift. Check it out and google JDI Barbell. Hope this helps.