Olympic Taekwondoin Kicks Referee

Apparently, Valodia Matos found he wasn’t given enough time to recover from an injury. So he kicked the referee’s fatass.
And that’s about all I can say in his defense, given that he kinda sucker kicked him, it’s not that he couldn’t control his rage.

Also, his kick was terrible. If you already decided to shit on your career, why on earth would you want to attack with a pansy front leg dollyeo-chagi/ roundhouse kick like this?

I don’t know, looks like a pretty clean kick to me.

That is frustrating though. One time in an AAU tourney, I got my nose broke and the paramedic was taking their sweet time, putting on latex gloves as slow as possible. After a few seconds my mom runs up, pushes the lady out of the way and shoves the cotton plugs up my nose. The medic checks it out, asks me if I can still fight, and I barely made it back to the ring in time.

Still, there is no excuse for this. However, this isn’t as bad as the ref (7th Dan) who attacked one of the competitors.

Now that is some scary shit.

If I’m an olympic asskicker and don’t manage to KO a ref with a surprise kick to the head, I def. deserve to lose.
Of course, on a serious level, I’m happy nobody was really hurt here.

Perhpas some bias is looking through here as I had lots of beef with totally incompetent taekwondo refs.

I heard there was a whole lot of shenanigans going on with the WTF (or is it ITF?) requesting a no-challenge on any of the calls. This in turn resulted in the undefeated-since-02 guy losing the gold.

It’s WTF…

Here’s the story: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/sports/olympics/24kick.html?em

[quote]Vash wrote:
I heard there was a whole lot of shenanigans going on with the WTF (or is it ITF?) requesting a no-challenge on any of the calls. This in turn resulted in the undefeated-since-02 guy losing the gold.[/quote]

Actually he was disqualified due to exceeding his allotted injury timeout. I think you are referring to the wrestler who threw away his bronze medal because of a bad call that he wasn’t allowed to review.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/08/14/wrestler.medal/index.html

Thats a crappy situation and it took a lot of balls to walk away from a medal, but now I believe they are going to look into some review process for wrestling.

tae kwon do sucks so hard the didn’t even jurt the referee

[quote]straineverynerve wrote:
tae kwon do sucks so hard the didn’t even jurt the referee[/quote]

That’s as ignorant as saying fencing sucks because they use foils in place of sharps.

[quote]Vash wrote:
straineverynerve wrote:
tae kwon do sucks so hard the didn’t even hurt the referee

That’s as ignorant as saying fencing sucks because they use foils in place of sharps.[/quote]

well, if you really think so, there’s nothing i can do about that.

taekwondo is a serious art and effective if taught by a proper instructor
unfortunatly olympic taekwondo is not that kind considering they are trying to score points they focus too much on speed and not enough power or follow through on their hits. along with all the padding

[quote]straineverynerve wrote:
OLYMPIC tae kwon do sucks so hard the didn’t even jurt the referee[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
straineverynerve wrote:
OLYMPIC tae kwon do sucks so hard the didn’t even jurt the referee

Fixed.[/quote]

Win.

OTKD-rules are similar to fencing, in that you don’t have to be able hurt a mofo to beat one.

Looks bad on the sport and on MMA. Even worse was the dude from Kazhakstan jumping around like an idiot.