T Nation

Olympic Sites 15 Days Before the Games

In Soviet Russia.....51 billion dollars over budget gets you this?

http://www.blogsochi.ru/content/olimpiada-cherez-zadnitsu

Two weeks out?

Yikes

Reports of rampant bribery and no inspections of completed projects…me thinks I would tell my family to stay home.

Painted over sign says “Completed March 2013”

Gawker picked up the same story, It will be interesting what shows up on TV.

who’s idea was it to have the Olympics in Russia again?

Sadly, not quite the whole story. Here’s the other pics of Sochi:

Quite obviously that trash heap is a terrible thing, especially as I understand it is supposed to house the Olympic Village? But things are not QUITE as dire as that.

Over/Under on something horrible happening at Sochi? 100% chance of awful. I just don’t know what is going to happen lol.

Oh I am sure this is the worst of the worst…and there are no doubt better pics out there.

But this whole thing just reeks of bribes and other shenanigans.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Oh I am sure this is the worst of the worst…and there are no doubt better pics out there.

But this whole thing just reeks of bribes and other shenanigans.[/quote]

Oh yeah. As deadspin put it, I think we need a threat level chart for these next two weeks.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

But this whole thing just reeks of bribes and other shenanigans.[/quote]

Oh yeah. As deadspin put it, I think we need a threat level chart for these next two weeks.[/quote]

I guess the question is, would you still go? With all the terrorist shit happening…the meltdown in the Ukraine and now the infrastructure crazyness.

Is it really worth it?

I wasn’t going before I knew any of this, but now I’m REALLY not going.

Construction is an ugly process, especially if you are only used to seeing the finished product.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Construction is an ugly process, especially if you are only used to seeing the finished product.
[/quote]

No doubt…I’m just curious if they can pull it off safely.

Or if shit is gonna start falling apart.

This only makes me want to watch what happens more.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
This only makes me want to watch what happens more. [/quote]

Like.

Russia has decided to replace bobsledding and speed skating with competitive framing and cement pouring.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Or if shit is gonna start falling apart.[/quote]

No question it’s going to fall apart with that schedule assuming they get that shit all thrown up in time, which I’m sure they can with enough money.

The real question is will it hold up for two whole weeks or not, because I’m sure that’s all they care about at this point.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Russia has decided to replace bobsledding and speed skating with competitive framing and cement pouring.[/quote]

In other, unrelated news, Mexico will be sending a record 54,000 athletes to the Olympic games this year, 53,994 more than they sent in 2010.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Russia has decided to replace bobsledding and speed skating with competitive framing and cement pouring.[/quote]

In other, unrelated news, Mexico will be sending a record 54,000 athletes to the Olympic games this year, 53,994 more than they sent in 2010.[/quote]

Hahaha. They will dominate.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Or if shit is gonna start falling apart.[/quote]

The seats in the lower parts of the stands will be exceptionally popular.

It really would be terrible of some stuff was just cobbled together for appearance and failed in use.

While Potemkin Village is a little out of date, Sochi Olympic Venue doesn’t have the same ring to it.