Olympic Medal Count: Canada 11, U.S.A. 10!

[quote]slimjim wrote:
kroby wrote:
WCDS wrote:
This proves it! Canada is over ten times better than the US. Check it out: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/medals/

If Canada has 11 medals then, naturally, a country with ten times its population should have 110, but this is not the case.

Now that the snowboarding events are over, the US probably won’t win any more medals. To top it off, Canada is going to win the gold in the only event that really matters anyway, Men’s Ice Hockey. Clearly, Canada rocks America’s world in every respect…

Your math is horrible! Let’s break it down. You say Canada is more than 10 better than USA.

CA > 10*US

Canada has 11 medals; CA = 11

Therefore, 11 > 10*US or US < 11/10 or 1.1 medals. That’s a far cry from 110 medals. That’s a factor of 100 off. Explanation???

Crap, and obviously Canadians are better at math as well. He was using population to give a per capita medal count, not using the 11:10 medal ratio.

It amuses me how Canadians are always comparing themselves to Americans…when you’re as great as we are, you don’t spend your time comparing yourself with a lesser nation.[/quote]

Seriously dude, don’t turn this into a 'my country is better than your country’or a ‘your dick is bigger than my dick’ thread. Two questions for you though, what makes America so great and why is every other country a lesser nation?

Ahh, but only around 5% of Americans make up some crazily high percentage of the countries capitol, and most of our Olympic Athletes have to have middle to lower class jobs to support their sport, along with some charitable support.

And I also found that the most giving people are those who aren’t filthy rich, so that charitable support is most likely coming from middle to lower class citizens.

The amount of money the country has, has little to do with the skill, talent and dedication of it’s athletes.

For the record, I have much respect for ANY and ALL Olympic athletes. Their skill, talent and dedication far exceed what I’m willing to put forth (so far), no matter what country they’re from.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I made an honest effort to watch some of it. After seeing the faggotry (there’s no other word for it) of the freaking figure skating, I’m probably done.[/quote]

Everytime I turn on the TV it’s ‘the Luge’.

“Wow, look at that straight position he’s lying in, what tremendous athleticism.”

“Terrific run, that should be good enough for the gold medal! Looks like all those hard years of tobogganing finally paid off.”

[quote]WCDS wrote:
This proves it! Canada is over ten times better than the US. Check it out: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/medals/
[/quote]

Unfortunately, as Dennis Leary says, “It doesn’t matter. Why? Cause we got the motherfuckin bombs”.

the olympics is on?

[quote]j70 wrote:

Seriously dude, don’t turn this into a 'my country is better than your country’or a ‘your dick is bigger than my dick’ thread. Two questions for you though, what makes America so great and why is every other country a lesser nation?
[/quote]

Oh hohoho, turn it into that? What the fuck is the basis of this thread? The original poster has stated that Canada is better than America because of the current medal count and his little formula for calculating how many medals[and later points] each country should have based on population. I didn’t turn this into anything, it was already there. I made an attempt at humor, unwad the thong that is obviously riding high up your ass and stop taking my statements so seriously.

ps-Because we are, now don’t piss us off before we open a Super-Walmart on the border and pave Canada to make its parking lot.

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
doogie wrote:
I made an honest effort to watch some of it. After seeing the faggotry (there’s no other word for it) of the freaking figure skating, I’m probably done.

Everytime I turn on the TV it’s ‘the Luge’.

“Wow, look at that straight position he’s lying in, what tremendous athleticism.”

“Terrific run, that should be good enough for the gold medal! Looks like all those hard years of tobogganing finally paid off.”
[/quote]

LOL

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
WCDS wrote:

Unfortunately, as Dennis Leary says, “It doesn’t matter. Why? Cause we got the motherfuckin bombs”.
[/quote]

ding ding ding ding…we have a winner!

Cool, have our men and women finally figured out how to take anabolics without getting caught?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Cool, have our men and women finally figured out how to take anabolics without getting caught?[/quote]

That’d be a good plan.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:

ding ding ding ding…we have a winner![/quote]

Don’t make us send another Celine Dion…

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
the olympics is on?[/quote]

When did they start having Olympics in the winter and why?

[quote]
WCDS wrote:
I think that it is fair to compare countries with similar per capita GDPs. China has a per capita GDP which is significantly lower than that of the USA or Canada. One could reason that a lower per capita GDP corresponds to smaller percentage of the population being able to be dedicated to athletic training and less money available to support said training. The US actually has a higher per capita GDP than Canada so we could multiply the population ratio by the GDP ratio.[/quote]

I don’t really care about any of this, but the Soviet Union had a far lower per capita GDP than Canada or the U.S. and did pretty well in both the summer and winter Olympics. You’d be amazed what a country can accomplish when they starve some poor saps in Siberia so that they can have a top shelf Olympic program.

tonight I got to watch skeleton. that’s some badass shit. 77mph, three inches off the ice, face first with your arms at your side. Wow. I don’t know if there is anything athletic about it, but it’s ballsy.

[quote]WCDS wrote:

If Canada has 11 medals then, naturally, a country with ten times its population should have 110, but this is not the case.

[/quote]

While I don’t mind the winter games, unless you live near the North Pole you’re fucked. Now lets look at how Canada go at the summer Olympics when the rest of the world can get involved.

One thing the winter games has on the summer ones… Female figure skaters… THEY’RE HOT!!!

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
the olympics is on?[/quote]

Exactly

If you have tiny cities and lots of empty spaces, you too can be a top-notch cross-country skier.

We could invade canada with our Air Force alone and beat them in a war, they have no bragging rights. Winter olympics? So fucking what? They live in a colder climate than us, go fucking figure. Have a desert olympics, with real Insurgents, and see who wins then. Or have an urban olympics, with reall thugs, and see who wins then.

OR just pick a sport that doesn’t involve peeling your frozen nuts off of a sled after every workout.

honestly, who cares?

We(the us) fucking SUCK at the winter olympics. We should have about 6 more gold medals than we do. We’re choke artists this olympics.

and if you’re going to compare medal counts…at least do it on a per athlete sent basis…

per capita always favors the small countries.