Olympic Lifting Program

So, a few weeks ago, I started olympic lifting at Lost Battallion Hall. Before I began, I thought of it as more of a temporary thing, just until I learned the lifts. But ever since the first time I snatched the bar, I was addicted. Now, I’m planning on spending at least all of 2007 training for olympic lifting.
With that goal in mind, though, I need some advice. You see, we meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I want to train on Fridays, also. Generally, when we train we do something like the following, though it’s never fixed to one thing:

1. Power Snatch or Power Clean
  2. Snatch or Clean and Jerk
  3. Squat
  4. GHR

My question is about what I should do on Fridays when I train on my own. I figure it should be a “remedial” day Coach Thib wrote an o-lifting program that used a “remedial” day like this:

1. Squat
  2. Bench
  3. Military Press
  4. Barbell Curl

I’ve never done curls but he justified them with “you’re only as strong as your weakest link.” So what do you guys think? Will this round out my training well?

[quote]punyparker wrote:
So, a few weeks ago, I started olympic lifting at Lost Battallion Hall. Before I began, I thought of it as more of a temporary thing, just until I learned the lifts. But ever since the first time I snatched the bar, I was addicted. Now, I’m planning on spending at least all of 2007 training for olympic lifting.
With that goal in mind, though, I need some advice. You see, we meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I want to train on Fridays, also. Generally, when we train we do something like the following, though it’s never fixed to one thing:

1. Power Snatch or Power Clean
  2. Snatch or Clean and Jerk
  3. Squat
  4. GHR

My question is about what I should do on Fridays when I train on my own. I figure it should be a “remedial” day Coach Thib wrote an o-lifting program that used a “remedial” day like this:

1. Squat
  2. Bench
  3. Military Press
  4. Barbell Curl

I’ve never done curls but he justified them with “you’re only as strong as your weakest link.” So what do you guys think? Will this round out my training well?[/quote]

If your legs are fried from the week of o-lifting, squats are just going to make it worse. If you’re legs are fine, squat away.

Throw in some external rotation and prehab stuff, snatches and jerks are rough on the shoulders.

If you are just starting out why not do snatches and C&J 2-3xweek? You won’t be using poundages that are maxes, and the more you practice, the better you will get at them.

1-snatch C&J Overhead squats

2-snatch, jerks from the rack, Clean deads w/shrug, front squat

3-snatch, Back squats, Bench press, chins

EDIT I didn’t see that you only had two days for OL. Maybe on that friday, do some squats/deads, benches, and chins.