Olympic Lifting in Washington

[quote]alexus wrote:
the arms need to bend in order for the bar to track close to the body through the second pull rather than being swung out away from the body. one doesn’t lift the weight with ones arms (hip drive propels it up) but the bar needs to stay close.

one can max daily because dropping the bar eliminates the negative portion (the negative portion tears up the muscles). olympic lifts are also done at significantly less than limit strength (unlike powerlifting) because one needs to generate speed / momentum on the bar rather than grinding the lift out.

(squats / standing up cleans are the exception. one builds up the work capacity to do those frequently in time)

welcome to the forum :-)[/quote]

That makes sense :slight_smile: thanks!

[quote]olympiclifter42 wrote:
Oh, and I have a question regarding your lifting recommendation Koing. When I trained for strength, it was accepted that if you max out to the point of failure, it could limit your ability to progress (5-3-1 program). So my question is, how come can you get away with maxing out every day at olympic lifting, but not powerlifting?[/quote]

Like Alexus has said, the loads are different, no eccentrics for Sn or Cn.

The Sn requires Power, when your a bit off, it crumbles the Sn
The CJ is a beasty strength lift. Heavy Jerks smash you to pieces on recovery. Holding heavy weight over head is really taxing.

Ease the singles to 90seconds. It isn’t a marathon, it’s a few sprints of 20m :slight_smile:

My lifters only switch over when I see them lift with adequate technique and they have built training stamina up. OxMan bitches out at Phil for not having to do the 6reps x 6sets I made him do 3x a week LOL.

You also build a tolerance to lifting heavy often. We go heavy every session on all exercises and you get use to it. You won’t hit a PB every session though…

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]olympiclifter42 wrote:
Oh, and I have a question regarding your lifting recommendation Koing. When I trained for strength, it was accepted that if you max out to the point of failure, it could limit your ability to progress (5-3-1 program). So my question is, how come can you get away with maxing out every day at olympic lifting, but not powerlifting?[/quote]

Like Alexus has said, the loads are different, no eccentrics for Sn or Cn.

The Sn requires Power, when your a bit off, it crumbles the Sn
The CJ is a beasty strength lift. Heavy Jerks smash you to pieces on recovery. Holding heavy weight over head is really taxing.

Ease the singles to 90seconds. It isn’t a marathon, it’s a few sprints of 20m :slight_smile:

My lifters only switch over when I see them lift with adequate technique and they have built training stamina up. OxMan bitches out at Phil for not having to do the 6reps x 6sets I made him do 3x a week LOL.

You also build a tolerance to lifting heavy often. We go heavy every session on all exercises and you get use to it. You won’t hit a PB every session though…

Koing[/quote]

lol I will try this.

I am so sore today. Mainly my butt, lats, and rear delts. I can barely put on my jacket.