Olympic Lifting in Eastern Europe

Ok I have trained at this olympic lifting gym for about 5 years,I just went there and did deadlifts and basic shit im not an OL lifter but during this time I became friends with the olympic lifters and the coaches who lift there,there a a lot of national champions even some old retired world champs and some European champs…I will not give names here obviously

First each and every single one of them is on steroids no one even bothers lifting clean  it just comes with the sport they usually get their first shot when they are around 13 years old that is when they start this is very carefully done they do not abuse steroids when they are young they prob do one or two cycles a year and it becomes more as they grow older and they are usually administered by the team doctor it's been like this since always,for the new and old generation is something that comes with the sport  just like taking your vitamins.
  Competitive Olympic lifting without roids does not exist here it is considered normal to be on juice.I know this by being around these guys and the OL trainers  all the time.
   When the anti doping crew comes to do the testing they either get bribed,or they know the coaches and do not test at all they just go for a beer and then sign the papers that everyone is clean,or the lifters cheat the test by using clean piss in a condom that they hide in their underwear the guys that get caught either pissed of the coach or  they get sacrificed by the coach from time to time just to satisfy the antidoping committee .  

It's not even a big deal here everyone knows it and it's happening also in every other competitive sport they get introduced to steroids at the age of 13 to 14 years old.
   If you need roids in my town it's the OL lifters who hook you up not the bodybuilders.

Training they train 6 days a week 2 times a day and they also start very young 7-10 years old they live above the gym they have dorms there that is all they do:lift eat go to school,from about 10 to 12 boys that start very young maybe 2 or 3 keep it up and start competing 

Those are some pretty interesting anecdotes, man.

I looked at the wall in the gym there I am not going to give the names here of course replaced the names with x,y,z…

Olympic medals:2 bronze medals,one place 5,and two 6 places

World championships medals: X:2 silver 6 bronze,Y:1 bronze,Z:1 gold,1:bronze,W:1 silver.

European medals to many i’m just going to post the totals: gold: 11 medals
silver: 22 medals
bronze: 27 medals

Some of the guys are retired and I am very good friends with them most have been suspended for doping and because of that they retired,but without an exception all of them during their competitive years have been on steroids the juniors included.And all of them started lifting really young 6-7-8 years old.

The juniors go for maybe one or two cycles a year when preparing for european or worlds,for the seniors it’s a little more complex.

The kids get introduced to steroids either by the coach,or at the national training camp by the Olympic team doctor who really knows his shit gives them the juice and the cycle they need to follow.

An international medal means A LOT of money here for the lifter,for the coach,for the club…so the lifters would do anything to get it everyone lifts here with the dream of an international medal even the kids you hear them talking about when they are going to grow up get an European gold medal and buy their mom and dad I don’t know what…:slight_smile:

Very interesting stuff. Which country are you in if you don’t mind saying?

any more info on what they used and how much as well as how long ON for or just on during the weightlifting season etc??
Its interesting subject.

cheers!!!

Screw what they were taking. Tell us something useful like how they trained, what their lifts were etc. Anything we can learn from them.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
Screw what they were taking. Tell us something useful like how they trained, what their lifts were etc. Anything we can learn from them.[/quote]
Do you not think knowing what they took is more relevant?
There’s quite a bit of info on the web about the “Russia” systems, the “Bulgarian” systems etc. There’s far less about what they took, how much, how long etc.

I’d be very interested to know those details

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
Screw what they were taking. Tell us something useful like how they trained, what their lifts were etc. Anything we can learn from them.[/quote]
There’s quite a bit of info on the web about the “Russia” systems, the “Bulgarian” systems etc. There’s far less about what they took, how much, how long etc.

I’d be very interested to know those details[/quote]

X2, I can read for days about all the different types of programs they run…but what kind of sauce are they on?

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

I do not take steroids therefore not relevant.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

I do not take steroids therefore not relevant. [/quote]

But it’s relevant to know if the training methods were designed for athletes using anabolic steroids. What do you want to know about their training? They did front squats, C&Js and snatches, and probably little else. However if you’re hearing about lifters training 3-4 times a day 7 days a week, it becomes clear that these individuals are doing an abnormal (superhuman) amount of lifting. Whether they did it naturally or not IS an important question which has strong implications for anyone trying to utilise their methods.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
Do you think the training methodology used by elite level athletes will be applicable to beginning or intermediate lifters?..

[quote]yarni wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

I do not take steroids therefore not relevant. [/quote]

But it’s relevant to know if the training methods were designed for athletes using anabolic steroids. What do you want to know about their training? They did front squats, C&Js and snatches, and probably little else. However if you’re hearing about lifters training 3-4 times a day 7 days a week, it becomes clear that these individuals are doing an abnormal (superhuman) amount of lifting. Whether they did it naturally or not IS an important question which has strong implications for anyone trying to utilise their methods.
[/quote]

I don’t use steroids and never plan to, however knowing if they did and what amount would certainly affect my perception of their training and the validity of it for someone who is natural