T Nation

Olympic Lifting for Aesthetics

Is there a program (or ideas for a program) that is centered around olympic lifts, but nonetheless is designed mainly for hypertrophy/aesthetics?

Recently i’ve made up a program that involved PLing movements and olympic lifts that I like very much. I’ve found the olympic lifts help bring out some definition and burn out the muscles better.

basically I lift 4 days a week, each workout centered around 1 main movement. my 4 centerpieces are Bench, Deads, Squats, Rows in that order.

On bench day i’ll also do some incline work, and on squat day i’ll do some hang cleans, things like that to kind of work the exercises together.

I don’t have an exact set or rep scheme, I shoot for between 6 and 10 reps depending on the exercise, and about 3-4 sets. If you plan to do something like this, just use as many compound movements as you can (olympic lifts are usually the best) and isolate where necessary (maybe rear delts).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have the best timing in the world.

I think it’s because I’m so darn cool.

Check out the second to last page in CTs lockerroom.

I asked a similar question and got a helluva response outta Thibs.

[quote]powersavant wrote:
Is there a program (or ideas for a program) that is centered around olympic lifts, but nonetheless is designed mainly for hypertrophy/aesthetics?[/quote]

Complexes

[quote]Roy wrote:

Check out the second to last page in CTs lockerroom.

I asked a similar question and got a helluva response outta Thibs.[/quote]

Wow, thanks. But next time, can you get a program from someone who actually knows something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(thanks again)

I train for OL and although I don’t do the bench press, military press, or curls and such, I am pleased with the way my physique is developing. However, it isn’t going to turn you into a monster…but it will size up your legs and back well.