Olympic Lifting and Diet

Koing and the others, what do you think about creatine for supplementation?

I think there’s a slight increase in my work capacity when consuming creatine but I’m not sure it could be just a placebo effect. One thing for sure though is that my BW is increased by 1-1.5kg, temporarily.

[quote]Paperclip wrote:
Koing and the others, what do you think about creatine for supplementation?

I think there’s a slight increase in my work capacity when consuming creatine but I’m not sure it could be just a placebo effect. One thing for sure though is that my BW is increased by 1-1.5kg, temporarily.[/quote]

I forgot to add creatine is my favorite supplement along protein and fish oils. I smash the creatine down all year around but I haven’t been on it as I haven’t been training much over the past 4months due to a knee injury.

GET ON IT.

It will add 1-1.5kg of water weight though. Just get off it 3 weeks from a comp if you need to d rop 1-1.5kg of weight.

Koing

[quote]Paperclip wrote:
It’s rather interesting from my limited experience in forums that weightlifters seldom talk about food. The polar opposite is of course bodybuilders. Powerlifters usually talk about stuffing food as much as possible down to your throat. That’s only my impression though which I’m certain is far from the truth.

In my gym, powerlifters and weightlifters train together. Here I also never heard anyone discussing about food, much less supplements (I asked a lifter once about how she eats and she said that she only eats what’s on the table. The only “supplement” mentioned was AAS by my coach - given to him when he was trained by a Chinese coach in the 80’s.). I think the mindset here is similar to many other sports, train hard and eat just enough so you can train again.

Sorry for my rambling…[/quote]

Hey man, your rambling is helpful enough. Thanks to everyone for the input. I guess it really is the obvious answer sometimes.