Olympic Hopeful Starting V-Diet

I tried the Surge trick. It definitely helped mellow the taste down a bit.

Today is Day 5 and was the hardest by far. It was so hard to keep with the shakes, I wanted to eat a double double animal style so freakin bad. I’m goin to sleep for awhile to try to keep myself from thinking about eating.

I’m assuming now will be the time that I start losing the weight. I have been working out 3 days a week really hard. Haven’t felt much of a difference yet. I hope its working. I’m wondering if I should do the walking before the first shake of the day. Any thoughts?

Honestly, I think it’s unlikely that walking before or after food will make much difference. Theres a Q&A with Alwyn Cosgrove detailing his thoughts on ‘fasted’ cardio - quite logical I suppose.
Good luck with it mate.
Dan

[quote]discus240 wrote:

I’m wondering if I should do the walking before the first shake of the day. Any thoughts?[/quote]

I don’t think it would be a bad idea. But as long as you do it sometimes, it’s ok. Chris Shugart said he took his walks late at night, 2-4 miles, but wherever you can fit it into your schedule is better than not doing it at all.

Keep rollin and keep us updated.

Day 8…weighed in at 256.
about 10 pounds lost.

Hopefully more will come off soon.

Adam

I am on day 4, started on tuesday. i lost 8 lbs so far, 5-6 lbs water weight. i am hungry all the damn time, except for 10-30 mins after shakes. more ice in shakes helps satiate. i look damn good though. i am doing my walks in the am before 1st shake… i am trying to follow the article 100%. it’s a pita, those morning walks, but not the worst thing.

Good stuff so far. Looking forward to following this thread. I was about to start the V-Diet myself but have some training that will be rather physically demanding less than two weeks from now. So its now something on the back burner.