Olympia The Series

[quote]BoS wrote:
Seems just like a bunch of plugs for which ever company these pre/post workout supps are from.[/quote]

Kind of like the articles on this site…

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I wish they weren’t a big advertisement lol

although they are fun to watch…i enjoy watching the vids at musculardevelopment.com much better tho…

Gerdy[/quote]

Yuppie, I’ll look at MD or google whatever before I check out BB.com. I wonder how Wolf is going to do, seriously. Cutler, Wolf, Jackson. Is my top 3. Y’all know the betting money has to go to Gustavo “The Big Gutted Rican” Badell. “All natural, all hardwork, papi” thats an actual quote minus the papi. I added that for faggoty flair

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
tnt2005 wrote:
the mr. olympia recently has always been backed by a supplement. And these bodybuilders can really aspire to be the personality likes of Zane, Arnold or Mentzer because they have to go out of their way to sell a supplement. Instead of being themselves in the gym. Tony Freeman was himself and his personality deserves fan base. Not once did we have to hear anabolic halo or nano vapor gives the freakin rican a great pump.

I agree about the advertising and marketing b.s. I get tired of seeing it in magazines and the lies by some of the athletes.

If you think about it tho, the guys of the golden era did the same thing…in pumping iron Arnold is doing an advertisement for that spring thing with the girls on his shoulders. Do you think he really trained with that thing?

If they had the technology and supplement base we have today, there is no doubt in my mind that Arnold, Zane, and the others would have been just as much a part of the advertising as the athletes are of today.

I don’t see how this makes bodybuilding less competitive tho. Look at the battle between Ronnie and Jay that went on for a few years. Do you think that when those two were lifting they weren’t motivated so that they could come in better shape than the rest to win the MR. O? I do agree that there is a great deal of politics in bodybuilding, but in a sport of judgement by human beings who aren’t perfect there is definitely going to be flaws with the outcome of the competitions sometimes. I feel that victor or wolf was mr. o last year but it was jay they chose…politics? probably…or it could just be their opinion .vs. mine and the other fans.

DG[/quote]

Preach on brotha Gerdy! organ music But what exactly happens is my question? What exactly constitutes these “politics”? Do Mr. Olympias get crowned at Jo Jo Weiders whim? Are they creepy muscle man worshipping weirdos that you have to let them feel you up for a chance at the podium? sorry for the double post.

I just checked out olympia the series… the episode with Kristal richardson…

I think I enjoyed it way too much…

[quote]tmcg86 wrote:
I just checked out olympia the series… the episode with Kristal richardson…

I think I enjoyed it way too much…[/quote]

Cause she wasn’t pimping products…oh and she’s not hard on the eyes either.

Not hard on the eyes at all.

Even if she was pimping products i think i would have enjoyed that. I could listen to her read the phonebook and enjoy it.

I liked the quote though ‘I think of my quad as having 3 parts’ haha. Not that you shouldn’t think of it like that, it just sounded funny.

Episode 7: Phil Heath

The second one with Jay was retarded.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
The second one with Jay was retarded.[/quote]

I thought it was cool for what it was. A quick lil vid to get you pumped and ready for the gym…but I know what you mean.

I’m excited for the phil video…he usually adds some character to the vids. He’s also one of my favorite current bodybuilders as well.

DG

Bump
New Episodes

Silvio Samuel, David Henry and now Dennis James and Dennis Wolf

Bump

New Episodes featuring Silvio Samuel, David Henry and the two Dennis’s…James and Wolf

I always like the videos with Phil and Dave… save the supplement pimps but that’s just part of the game.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I always like the videos with Phil and Dave… save the supplement pimps but that’s just part of the game.

[/quote]

I like the improved Dennis James.

pimpin supps or not I’m following it and I can’t wait for the O :wink:

DG

I have to say i’m a fan of Bob Cicherello. Those fit show video’s were pretty good. Not a huge amount of valuable training information but there were a few little tips in there.

It was more his comedy routine…

Bob: So bill, why don’t you ask me about why you should always keep your elbows in tight when doing tricep extensions…

Bill: Bob, i was just wondering why you should always keep your elbows in tight when doing tricep extensions?

Bob: Well Bill, I’m glad you asked me that question…the reason you etc etc…

Good stuff.