Olympia The Series

I know most here hate BB.com but I think their Olympia the Series videos are a good watch.

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2008olympiaseries.htm

LOL@ the dexter jacksons video, love when he is pimpin those supps hahah

Seems just like a bunch of plugs for which ever company these pre/post workout supps are from.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
LOL@ the dexter jacksons video, love when he is pimpin those supps hahah
[/quote]

Last years series wasn’t like that, guess that company made a stink about it.

he can still tell he hardly gives a shit about the supps he probably doesnt take

The above is the link to the original series.

bump

I wish they weren’t a big advertisement lol

although they are fun to watch…i enjoy watching the vids at musculardevelopment.com much better tho…

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I wish they weren’t a big advertisement lol

although they are fun to watch…i enjoy watching the vids at musculardevelopment.com much better tho…

Gerdy[/quote]

Yeah, last years wasn’t like that. The New Tony Freeman segment is good though and worth watching.

the freeman vid was good.

What did you guys think of his pre contest diet and what did you guys think of his cardio with an oxygen mask?

I found that very interesting.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
the freeman vid was good.

What did you guys think of his pre contest diet and what did you guys think of his cardio with an oxygen mask?

I found that very interesting.

DG[/quote]

I knew you’d like that. He’s on a fat and protein diet but I thought it was interesting that he was on a HIT cardio program. I think he’s the first pro I ever heard say that during a pre-contest period.

I knew he was on a keto diet but I didn’t know he did HIT.

WTF?

the oxygen part and HIT is what interests me…

is it an increase in the krebs cycle causing an increase in fat metabolism?

Gerdy

bodybuilding is no longer a competetion but a business its a giant sell out.

[quote]tnt2005 wrote:
bodybuilding is no longer a competetion but a business its a giant sell out. [/quote]

oh really…

do elaborate

DG

oxygen mask? haaaaaaaaaaaaa wow

the mr. olympia recently has always been backed by a supplement. And these bodybuilders can really aspire to be the personality likes of Zane, Arnold or Mentzer because they have to go out of their way to sell a supplement. Instead of being themselves in the gym. Tony Freeman was himself and his personality deserves fan base. Not once did we have to hear anabolic halo or nano vapor gives the freakin rican a great pump.

[quote]tnt2005 wrote:
the mr. olympia recently has always been backed by a supplement. And these bodybuilders can really aspire to be the personality likes of Zane, Arnold or Mentzer because they have to go out of their way to sell a supplement. Instead of being themselves in the gym. Tony Freeman was himself and his personality deserves fan base. Not once did we have to hear anabolic halo or nano vapor gives the freakin rican a great pump.[/quote]

I agree about the advertising and marketing b.s. I get tired of seeing it in magazines and the lies by some of the athletes.

If you think about it tho, the guys of the golden era did the same thing…in pumping iron Arnold is doing an advertisement for that spring thing with the girls on his shoulders. Do you think he really trained with that thing?

If they had the technology and supplement base we have today, there is no doubt in my mind that Arnold, Zane, and the others would have been just as much a part of the advertising as the athletes are of today.

I don’t see how this makes bodybuilding less competitive tho. Look at the battle between Ronnie and Jay that went on for a few years. Do you think that when those two were lifting they weren’t motivated so that they could come in better shape than the rest to win the MR. O? I do agree that there is a great deal of politics in bodybuilding, but in a sport of judgement by human beings who aren’t perfect there is definitely going to be flaws with the outcome of the competitions sometimes. I feel that victor or wolf was mr. o last year but it was jay they chose…politics? probably…or it could just be their opinion .vs. mine and the other fans.

DG

Dexter, if you could be any ninja turtle, who would you be?

…donatello

Here’s a link to a 3 “Jay vs Dex” skits used to promote the upcoming Olympia.

www.flexonline.com/videos?bctid=1762072150

Brace yourselves; we actually see a pro-bodybuilder running up a couple of flights of stairs! j/k