Olympia Predictions

[quote]gswork wrote:
youngguns516 wrote:
I assumed there would already be a thread about this, but i didnt find one.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1721388[/quote]

As soon as a thread about the 2007 Mr. Olympia has that out of shape picture of Arnold it gets tossed out as legit in my opinion. Thanks to guys like Merlin this one is also heading that way.

Why are posts moderated when stuff like that one above is allowed to be posted?

Anyway, am I the only one who wants Darrem Charles to win? Well, I do realize he won’t win but I definitely prefer his physique over Cutler’s or Coleman’s any day.

[quote]Bull-chacha wrote:

Anyway, am I the only one who wants Darrem Charles to win? Well, I do realize he won’t win but I definitely prefer his physique over Cutler’s or Coleman’s any day.[/quote]

Yeah he has a physique that I would actually want to have.

That’s the difference for me. Usually the biggest guys ranking the highest aren’t desirable in terms of my goals.

However, I do think that Cutler and Coleman deserve the wins they have received, because the O is more about the freak factor than the aesthetics that so many T-Nation members work towards.

I do think that Cutler will take this year again.

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
IronSyde wrote:
I am no bodybuilding expert but I always read about Johnny Jackson through powerlifting and am impressed by his physique but never hear anything about his Olympia standings? Why?

He’s placed 11th and 13th the last two years I believe. It just goes to show at that level show someone as impressive as Johnny’s physique is just isn’t even close. [/quote]

Yeah. It just goes to show that the competition is stiff.

gswork wrote:
youngguns516 wrote:
I assumed there would already be a thread about this, but i didnt find one.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1721388

As soon as a thread about the 2007 Mr. Olympia has that out of shape picture of Arnold it gets tossed out as legit in my opinion. Thanks to guys like Merlin this one is also heading that way.[/quote]

of all the posts i read you’re a very negative person. with that attitude you’ll get nowhere in life. BTW, the picture was not up until recently so you never even opned the thread in the first place. Your avatar…thats all i have to say

nd 1 more thing, if you call tht out of shape idk what in shape is

I don’t know where that came from but however you feel about me is fine.

I just made a post but I reread yours again and have to respond and I want this to be the end of it, if you have more to say feel free to PM me or make a “Scott is so negative and has a dumb avatar thread” and I’ll be sure to find it. ok?

First off I’m not a negative person and if you are judging who I am but several posts on an internet forum you need to get a clue.

Second I did open that thread not too long after you started it and then closed it when someone said Ryan Reynolds because I was hoping to see some discussion about bodybuilding which it was at first but quickly detereriated in my mind and obviously everyone elses because it doesn’t have a post in the last two weeks. The picture I’m talking about(post surgery Arnold obviously, did you miss that?) was posted on the same day as the thread opened so I don’t know what in the world you are talking about.

Third, my avatar, why do you care and what does that have to do with anything?

Maybe you’re not a negative person (that’s a negative sentence if I ever read one!) but your avatar does suck.

Ha thanks. You guys are making me feel bad and now I’m going to go hunting for a new one that will be the best avatar ever!!!

For what it matters it’s from a very odd sense of humor cartoon that at least according to response about it only one person ever recognized it, he thought it was funny!

I wonder if Ronnie Coleman corrected the imbalance between his triceps. Also, nobody has mentioned Melvin Anthony or Gustavo Baddell. I personally think Johnnie Jackson is going to shock people, I’m thinking a top six finish.

Ha thanks. You guys are making me feel bad and now I’m going to go hunting for a new one that will be the best avatar ever!!!

For what it matters it’s from a very odd sense of humor cartoon that at least according to response about it only one person ever recognized it, he thought it was funny![/quote]

I liked your old avatar. Could you link to the cartoon?

What’s interesting about Jay is the amount of respect he has for Ronnie. While Ronnie and other trash talkers have traditionally poo-pooed the competition, it really comes across in interviews with Jay that he really deeply admires this guy and has really worked hard to beat him; even coopting some of Ronnie’s training methods in the pursuit of greatness. The guy really has the eye of the tiger and deserves props. Ronnie is also great for having ben a Mr. Olympia who is also admired by strength athletes and can perform a full split to boot.

As for predictions - 1 and 2 will be Ronnie and Jay in either order - it’s too close to call. If Ronnie comes in even better than 2003, he will win; but Jay is going to make it very, very tough for him and if he is even slightly below his best then Jay will deservedly maintain the title.

3rd will be Vic - I don’t think he will be good enough to take down the champs yet but he will almost certainly take 3rd. Dexter is the one who I think will drop a couple places - the guy’s physique just isn’t improving enough for him to hold off guys like Melvin Anthony and Toney Freeman, who I think will be 4th and 5th, again in whatever order. Melvin has the potential though to take Vic down but only if he has made some MAJOR improvements and Vic hasn’t.

My opinion.

ronnie lost last year because he had a little more water than jay. he wont make that mistake twice.

also, i think jay will come in with better condition, but maybe not as big as last year, i cant tell from the pictures.

seriously though, toney freeman… he will be top 4

[quote]youngguns516 wrote:
ronnie lost last year because he had a little more water than jay. he wont make that mistake twice.

also, i think jay will come in with better condition, but maybe not as big as last year, i cant tell from the pictures.

seriously though, toney freeman… he will be top 4[/quote]

ronnie lost last year because he had back and tricep injuries and his reign is over…jay got it this year no doubt

[quote]youngguns516 wrote:
ronnie lost last year because he had a little more water than jay. he wont make that mistake twice.[/quote]

What about the tricep and lat on the one side, that look like something nasty happened? I watched a recent interview with Ronnie and they asked him about a possible injury. He insisted nothing was wrong, even though its obvious.

Thats some strong denial. To me, that is why Ronnie lost, and why he will place 2nd this Olympia too. Although, didn’t Dorian win with injuries? I guess Jay is just too close for the judges to overlook it.

It’s just weird that he doesn’t admit that anythings wrong.

• JDK

Any recent pictures of Ronnie?