Olympia 2013

I think Ramy is a BIG question mark in every sense of the word. The guy has only been around a relatively short time, but if we’re going solely on his showing this past Spring, we know that in terms of size (and overall structure), he can be one of the largest dudes onstage come September. Of course we also know that his conditioning was very good. Not world shattering, but definitely good enough to take a large show like the NY Pro. Now, size wise, I doubt he’s going to lose ground. Conditioning wise, May '13 could have been his best ever, or it could have been less than what he’s capable of. In either case, there’s the chance to improve, or fall short.

All in all though, I think the judges will definitely be paying attention to him when he steps onstage, so if he at least duplicates his past showing, he can potentially be in the fight for top 6 IMO.

S

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
Dennis Wolf

Haha -“they picked shawn rhoden last time…some guys are coming in smaller… I don’t care what they’re looking for, I’m coming in BIIG”

Centopani wins the Tampa Pro!

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

Centopani wins the Tampa Pro![/quote]
Ox is looking good, but i think he still needs more thickness on back and legs. Conditioning was good, waist was smaller, working with Chris Aceto was good move for him. I’m rooting for him on Olympia stage.

[quote]gigomoravac wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

Ox is looking good, but i think he still needs more thickness on back and legs. Conditioning was good, waist was smaller, working with Chris Aceto was good move for him. I’m rooting for him on Olympia stage. [/quote]

He looked real good there, i agree that legs need to come up a little still. Overall conditioning was solid but from the rear he looked smooth. If he comes to the O in that shape, he might be able to crack the top 6, but its going to depend on what kind of package the other top guys bring. If Phil, Jay, Kai, Rhoden, Wolf, Branch, Ramy and Dex are all “on” then i dont think he makes top 6. A couple of those guys are going to need to be in less than peak condition to allow that.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]gigomoravac wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

Ox is looking good, but i think he still needs more thickness on back and legs. Conditioning was good, waist was smaller, working with Chris Aceto was good move for him. I’m rooting for him on Olympia stage. [/quote]

He looked real good there, i agree that legs need to come up a little still. Overall conditioning was solid but from the rear he looked smooth. If he comes to the O in that shape, he might be able to crack the top 6, but its going to depend on what kind of package the other top guys bring. If Phil, Jay, Kai, Rhoden, Wolf, Branch, Ramy and Dex are all “on” then i dont think he makes top 6. A couple of those guys are going to need to be in less than peak condition to allow that. [/quote]

He did indeed look good, he doesn’t have a top 6 physique yet tho, I think at least.

Saying that though if every one is on top of their game you could literally put Wolf, Branch, Ramy, Centaponi, Pakulski, Freeman in a hat and randomly pick them out to get your 5-10 placings this year.

Top 5 will be between kai, phil, jay, rhoden and dex.

Yea, Wolf is a funny guy.

I’m excited to see the Phil Heath update. I didn’t do much fishing for that stuff this weekend, I was somehow pre-occupied with other things.

Happy to hear Evan won, some folks said Essa got cheated I guess he got 3rd? I would say at this point, 9 weeks out, Evan won’t change a whole bunch, not enough time. He’ll probably coast a bit and then dial in further for better conditioning.

Just remember Kai, I’m the original gettin’ it done.

Haha, nice. Apparently there are some more updates after this weekend. I’ll try to post them up when I get home. Going to see World War Z with some co-workers, in Japanese… I’m most excited to hear a Japanese Brad Pitt. I probably won’t understand half of what is said, but its a zombie movie, I can piece it together!

Little pep talk from kai, I personally hope he takes it this year

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

Little pep talk from kai, I personally hope he takes it this year[/quote]

Always a motivating thing to hear Kai’s words.

Going with Heath again. I think he has it if he shows up 100%. I think i’m one of the few that think s a 100% Phil beats a 100% Kai, especially considering Phil has the defending champ thing going for him.

Looking forward to seeing how Cutler shows. Most likely his last O, and would like to see him go out with a solid showing. Lot of controversy about his physique, but I think he has done the sport well.

I really would like to see guys like Centopani and Ced Mcmillan start making a dent in the show.

I will say, if Heath cries again after this one I am no longer a fan

As much as I want Kai to win and Heath to take 2nd, I think it’ll be Heath again. Heath + his small waist and balloon shoulders and arms can sell protein powder and preworkouts. Kai is the bodybuilder for bodybuilders IMO.

Can’t post from my iPad but Kai has a 6 weeks out let video up

Did you notice on all these vids the way they perform reps ?
No dead-stop, no full ROM, no peak contraction, no slow eccentric…only 3/4 way up and down, at a relative high speed. Looks like they are only searching for pump.

Any thought ? Is it the way they work (10000% Bodybuilding ;-), or is it because they are only a few weeks from competing ?

Mat’

In future we will see training videos of Kai where he won’t do any exercises anymore, but only sit on a pillow and induce hypertrophy using his godlike mind muscle connection.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
I will say, if Heath cries again after this one I am no longer a fan[/quote]

Why? Its not like he is the first Mr. Olympia to break down and cry. If he wins he is doing what only a select few in his sport have ever done. I wish they would save the crying for backstage but I do not know if I would go far enough to say I would stop being a fan. Even the great Ronnie Coleman has broken down and cried on stage before.

[quote]mat_angus wrote:
Did you notice on all these vids the way they perform reps ?
No dead-stop, no full ROM, no peak contraction, no slow eccentric…only 3/4 way up and down, at a relative high speed. Looks like they are only searching for pump.

Any thought ? Is it the way they work (10000% Bodybuilding ;-), or is it because they are only a few weeks from competing ?

Mat’
[/quote]

Form is overrated.

i really hope heath takes it again