Oly Lifting in England, West Country

First of all, hi to everyone. I’ve been a lurker for a little while but the desire to lift has pushed me to get some help.

I’m based close to Bristol and I’ve had some difficulty in finding either a weightlifting club or coach. There are relatively few serious gyms which has made searching difficult and I was wondering if any of the posters based in England knew of any close clubs or coaches.
Thanks for any help in advance

Empire Sports Club in Bristol.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if Empire was a pure boxing gym or not. Is there a regular club there?

I’ll check it out as soon as possible, look forward to it.

Yeah, there’s a proper club. Darth Vader used to train there. Not a joke.

As well as EdChappers!

Koing

Awesome, going to check it out today.

Anyone know an olympic weightlifting club somewhere in or near (like short train journey) from Liverpool?

Bump for koing or someone who knows!

[quote]ConorM wrote:
Bump for koing or someone who knows![/quote]

Booyah!

Koing

Looks like Manchester is most realistic. This is more for next year. Its still nearly 2 hour return journey gah. Damn you Liverpool and your lack of facilities. Just thinking would it be worth it to once a week make my way to one of those places?

Then do my own thing the other 2/3 days a week I would train? What would be the prices anyone know? Its just I train on my own, would like some coaching etc as form sucks etc but I am a poor student. Also like olympic lifting but suck massively obv.

Koing recently stumbled across a video on 4od that I think has you in it? - YouTube

N1.

Koing’s a bodybuilding TV superstar.

Did they say I was a bodybuilder? wtf?! People ‘always’ say that I bodybuild when in fact I don’t…

ConorM it would definitely be worth while to make it once a week mate. Deep Squat (Regieski) travels 35miles to train with me on a Saturday along with OxMan. He’s progressing very nicely. 65/95 in about 10 sessions, but he’s very strong and I’ve corrected his PL stuff to suit OLifting. He has worked VERY hard on his stretching and it shows in his lifting. IF he couldn’t have been assed his mobility would be way way down still. He trains 2x a week elsewhere but I have given him a framework to do.

My boys have their first comp in 2 weeks!

Yeah and thats me in the video. I’m the taller one witht he better hair cut. The shorter guy is my bro.

Koing

You’re too modest. “Bodybuilding champion” is the correct nomenclature. :smiley:

That C4 thing is funny because of the way they keep making up different weight classes and totally mess up the order of the lifts to make it more dramatic. That 150 clean is awesome though.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
You’re too modest. “Bodybuilding champion” is the correct nomenclature. :smiley:

That C4 thing is funny because of the way they keep making up different weight classes and totally mess up the order of the lifts to make it more dramatic. That 150 clean is awesome though.[/quote]

lol @ Bodybuildnig championi lol

I’ll have to watch it again when I get home.

I got under it twice man but I didn’t get up so after that I was on a mission to improve my front squats!

Koing

[quote]ConorM wrote:
Looks like Manchester is most realistic. This is more for next year. Its still nearly 2 hour return journey gah. Damn you Liverpool and your lack of facilities. Just thinking would it be worth it to once a week make my way to one of those places?

N1.[/quote]

Have you tried the BWLA website http://www.bwla.co.uk/