Oliver Stone's Journey from Cold Warrior to America's Untold History

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

You claim that Canada model of austerity is rebutting my argument against austerity yet you show no proof.[/quote]

No, you are misrepresenting what went on in the previous debate.

Allow me:

1. You tried to say a small, oil rich south american country was comparable to the whole of the EU. And the EU shoudl do what they did.

2. I said that claim is nuts because they two situations are very different.

3. You rebutted with “nut ah” like 25 times.

4. You then asked me to prove a time when austerity worked.

5. I linked Canada

6. You said the two situations weren’t comparable because the facts of the two cases were different.

7. I lol’ed because you spent pages arguing that detail didn’t matter, then said the details of the canadian situation made it not comparable.

8. Now you are sitting here trying to spin

I berate you. Other’s that have shown to not be full of shit consistantly, I take their word for it. Even people I disagree with, like the norwegian and french commies that lurk around here. [/quote]

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said the two situations were different.

You claimed that the two situations are different but provided no sources to back up your statements. Here is an example of you providing no source. But I suppose it is okay for you to do this but not others.

You claim that Canada model of austerity is rebutting my argument against austerity yet you show no proof.[/quote]

No, you are misrepresenting what went on in the previous debate.

Allow me:

1. You tried to say a small, oil rich south american country was comparable to the whole of the EU. And the EU shoudl do what they did.

2. I said that claim is nuts because they two situations are very different.

3. You rebutted with “nut ah” like 25 times.

4. You then asked me to prove a time when austerity worked.

5. I linked Canada

6. You said the two situations weren’t comparable because the facts of the two cases were different.

7. I lol’ed because you spent pages arguing that detail didn’t matter, then said the details of the canadian situation made it not comparable.

8. Now you are sitting here trying to spin

I berate you. Other’s that have shown to not be full of shit consistantly, I take their word for it. Even people I disagree with, like the norwegian and french commies that lurk around here. [/quote]
Where is your Canadian link?

Where is your Canadian link?[/quote]

re-read the thread. If I didn’t source it, show me, and I will.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said the two situations were different.

You claimed that the two situations are different but provided no sources to back up your statements

Here is an example of you providing no source. But I suppose it is okay for you to do this but not others.
[/quote]

You are literally off the reservation here. Your only arguement is school yard “I know you but what am I”?

I’m not re-having the same debate that has been had.

You claimed that the two situations are different but provided no sources to back up your statements

Here is an example of you providing no source. But I suppose it is okay for you to do this but not others.
[/quote]

You are literally off the reservation here. Your only arguement is school yard “I know you but what am I”?

I’m not re-having the same debate that has been had. [/quote]

Not surprised.

Not surprised.

[/quote]

You shouldn’t be. If I wasn’t still at work I wouldn’t be fucking around going back and forth with someone like you.

It literally isn’t worth my time, but I’m being paid right now, so it isn’t a big deal.

Not surprised.

[/quote]

You shouldn’t be. If I wasn’t still at work I wouldn’t be fucking around going back and forth with someone like you.

It literally isn’t worth my time, but I’m being paid right now, so it isn’t a big deal. [/quote]

Looked all through the post -which maybe is the wrong one- and can’t find your Canadian link. Bill O’Rielly could pass economics?

Not surprised.

[/quote]

It literally isn’t worth my time, but I’m being paid right now, so it isn’t a big deal. [/quote]

Looked all through the post -which maybe is the wrong one- and can’t find your Canadian link. Bill O’Rielly could pass economics?
[/quote]

lol, no…

Keep digging, not that thread.

Not surprised.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol, no…

Keep digging, not that thread.[/quote]

Don’t waste your time on this cretin Beans. Everyone but Zep can see what a fool he is making of himself.

[quote]florelius wrote:

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

I tried that and it didn’t work? Why? Because zeppity-do-dah is not even familiar with the stuff he posts. I went into detail rebutting the KBG version of Cold War history promoted by zeppity-do-dah in his thread about the hidden history of America and it soon became apparent that he was not familiar with Stone’s movie/book. I’m familiar with both sides of the story. How do you respond to someone who is familiar with neither side? He posts links about radical leftist historical revisionism yet is not even familiar with the contents of the link he is posting. Perhaps he just thinks it’s cool to associate oneself with the far-left but doesn’t have the ability to actually read and comprehend the cool far-left revisionism he wants to associate himself with.

Stone is a Sovietophile; he pays assiduous attention to what he considers U.S. missteps while somehow failing to take in interest in the pile of millions and millions of bodies that communism has amassed throughout history.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.[/quote]

You have just perfectly described the point of view of the people you cite and/or follow.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

I tried that and it didn’t work? Why? Because zeppity-do-dah is not even familiar with the stuff he posts. I went into detail rebutting the KBG version of Cold War history promoted by zeppity-do-dah in his thread about the hidden history of America and it soon became apparent that he was not familiar with Stone’s movie/book. I’m familiar with both sides of the story. How do you respond to someone who is familiar with neither side? He posts links about radical leftist historical revisionism yet is not even familiar with the contents of the link he is posting. Perhaps he just thinks it’s cool to associate oneself with the far-left but doesn’t have the ability to actually read and comprehend the cool far-left revisionism he wants to associate himself with.[/quote]
How cam one not be familiar with the official narrative? It has been drilled into our heads since grade school.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

I tried that and it didn’t work? Why? Because zeppity-do-dah is not even familiar with the stuff he posts. I went into detail rebutting the KBG version of Cold War history promoted by zeppity-do-dah in his thread about the hidden history of America and it soon became apparent that he was not familiar with Stone’s movie/book. I’m familiar with both sides of the story. How do you respond to someone who is familiar with neither side? He posts links about radical leftist historical revisionism yet is not even familiar with the contents of the link he is posting. Perhaps he just thinks it’s cool to associate oneself with the far-left but doesn’t have the ability to actually read and comprehend the cool far-left revisionism he wants to associate himself with.[/quote]
How cam one not be familiar with the official narrative? It has been drilled into our heads since grade school.[/quote]

Really? My history teacher at school was a radical leftist who used exclusively far-left sources like Chomsky, Howard Zinn, etc. At uni EVERY lecturer in the humanities I encountered was a radical leftist. Max Weber, Emile Dirkheim, Karl Marx etc. I had to bite my tongue and go along with the BS. It really was indoctrination and I still feel resentment at having to pay to listen to this shit. Academia is riddled with radical leftists. I know this for a fact.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

How cam one not be familiar with the official narrative? It has been drilled into our heads since grade school.[/quote]

Really? My history teacher at school was a radical leftist who used exclusively far-left sources like Chomsky, Howard Zinn, etc. At uni EVERY lecturer in the humanities I encountered was a radical leftist. Max Weber, Emile Dirkheim, Karl Marx etc. I had to bite my tongue and go along with the BS. It really was indoctrination and I still feel resentment at having to pay to listen to this shit. Academia is riddled with radical leftists. I know this for a fact.[/quote]

What about high school and the news? Seriously if you think college professors balance out the indoctrination from the right that everyone gets since birth, I beg to differ. This actually is a fact.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

Really? My history teacher at school was a radical leftist who used exclusively far-left sources like Chomsky, Howard Zinn, etc. At uni EVERY lecturer in the humanities I encountered was a radical leftist. Max Weber, Emile Dirkheim, Karl Marx etc. I had to bite my tongue and go along with the BS. It really was indoctrination and I still feel resentment at having to pay to listen to this shit. Academia is riddled with radical leftists. I know this for a fact.[/quote]

What about high school and the news? Seriously if you think college professors balance out the indoctrination from the right that everyone gets since birth, I beg to differ. This actually is a fact.
[/quote]

Yeah funny guy. The authors introduced in the last lecture I was unfortunate enough to be privy too(Sociology 101) were:

Karl Marx (again and again)

Michel Foucault

Thomas Malthause

Then More Karl Marx

Then a plethora of New Left radicals

No author sources were mentioned but the lecturer ended with a plea to at least read one book by Karl Marx when you get the time.

Child Studies at my uni featured a guest speaker explaining how to be an ‘advocate’ and squeeze more money from state and federal government. No talk on how to improve the level of education. Plenty of time spent talking about ‘eco-freindly’ items the government should be providing them with like recycling centres, grey water processes, worm farms etc.

Stop the bullshit. I’m exposed to all the subjects in the humanities. I know for a fucking fact they’re dominated by the far left. Faculty themselves are involved in promoting radical causes and organising ‘protests’ and so on. Faculty and the student association vote on radical leftist issues like boycotting a visiting academic from Israel or plastering the walls with gay propaganda posters.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah funny guy. The authors introduced in the last lecture I was unfortunate enough to be privy too(Sociology 101) were:

Karl Marx (again and again)

Michel Foucault

Thomas Malthause

Then More Karl Marx

Then a plethora of New Left radicals

No author sources were mentioned but the lecturer ended with a plea to at least read one book by Karl Marx when you get the time.

Child Studies at my uni featured a guest speaker explaining how to be an ‘advocate’ and squeeze more money from state and federal government. No talk on how to improve the level of education. Plenty of time spent talking about ‘eco-freindly’ items the government should be providing them with like recycling centres, grey water processes, worm farms etc.

Stop the bullshit. I’m exposed to all the subjects in the humanities. I know for a fucking fact they’re dominated by the far left. Faculty themselves are involved in promoting radical causes and organising ‘protests’ and so on. Faculty and the student association vote on radical leftist issues like boycotting a visiting academic from Israel or plastering the walls with gay propaganda posters.[/quote]

And where are these points of view heard other than college?

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Stone is a Sovietophile; he pays assiduous attention to what he considers U.S. missteps while somehow failing to take in interest in the pile of millions and millions of bodies that communism has amassed throughout history.[/quote]

Where and when does Stone excuse Soviet atrocities?