T Nation

Oliver Stone's Journey from Cold Warrior to America's Untold History

From fighting in the Vietnam War to voting for Reagan, Stone explains a bit of his transformation.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=9987

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
From fighting in the Vietnam War to voting for Reagan, Stone explains a bit of his transformation.

Why do you persist in posting articles from such a pathetic excuse for journalism? No one with a shred of intellectual honesty or a modicum of critical thinking skills wants to read this crap.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
From fighting in the Vietnam War to voting for Reagan, Stone explains a bit of his transformation.

Why do you persist in posting articles from such a pathetic excuse for journalism? No one with a shred of intellectual honesty or a modicum of critical thinking skills wants to read this crap.[/quote]

No one with a shred of intellectual honesty or a modicum of critical thinking skills would actually go to a website like that, or actually post it on another website as a link. Zep lives there so that should tell us something about Zep.

^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.[/quote]

Breitbart seem logical for reactionarys and conservatives, but not a lefty. The same can probably be said about Zeppelins site. I am a lefty and did not find the info in the video he posted to be unlogical, but on the other hand, most of the right wing stuff being posted I find to be on the other side of logic. My point is that our bias influence us in how we see stuff, for instance a article/video from either Breitbart and Zeps site.

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.[/quote]

Breitbart seem logical for reactionarys and conservatives, but not a lefty. The same can probably be said about Zeppelins site. I am a lefty and did not find the info in the video he posted to be unlogical, but on the other hand, most of the right wing stuff being posted I find to be on the other side of logic. My point is that our bias influence us in how we see stuff, for instance a article/video from either Breitbart and Zeps site.

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

Lefties don’t like logic ? I posted a Breitbart link on another thread showing how taxpayers got duped for another half billion for “green projects.” But we have Obama predicting the end of civilization by cutting 2% of the budget.

[quote]florelius wrote:
why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

Tried this many a time… OP kinda just reponds “nut ah” over and over.

He can’t back up anything he says, ever, and avoids having to do so. It gets to the point where there is little other option but to make fun of the source…

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

I would hope people look into things further than Breitbart’s word for it as well.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.[/quote]

Breitbart seem logical for reactionarys and conservatives, but not a lefty. The same can probably be said about Zeppelins site. I am a lefty and did not find the info in the video he posted to be unlogical, but on the other hand, most of the right wing stuff being posted I find to be on the other side of logic. My point is that our bias influence us in how we see stuff, for instance a article/video from either Breitbart and Zeps site.

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

I’m considered as being left of center on this site so my ideology isn’t the issue. He pops in every two days like clockwork and posts a link from “therealnews” and runs away to find another link from the same fringe source. For all we know he works for that putrid excuse for a publication. It’s polluting PWI.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
From fighting in the Vietnam War to voting for Reagan, Stone explains a bit of his transformation.

Why do you persist in posting articles from such a pathetic excuse for journalism? No one with a shred of intellectual honesty or a modicum of critical thinking skills wants to read this crap.[/quote]

Yes who would trust a journalistic point of view that isn’t controlled by a corporation. Good point.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

Tried this many a time… OP kinda just reponds “nut ah” over and over.

He can’t back up anything he says, ever, and avoids having to do so. It gets to the point where there is little other option but to make fun of the source…[/quote]
Why do you criticize people for the very thing that you do? Do you footnote all of your posts? Or how about your counter points?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
^Funny that nobody complains when someone post a link to a Breitbart( or whatever it is called ) article.

[/quote]

Breitbart might be a conservative hack, but they use some form of logic that is well logical. When Ideology blinds you to logic that is what people have an issue with what Zep posts.[/quote]

Breitbart seem logical for reactionarys and conservatives, but not a lefty. The same can probably be said about Zeppelins site. I am a lefty and did not find the info in the video he posted to be unlogical, but on the other hand, most of the right wing stuff being posted I find to be on the other side of logic. My point is that our bias influence us in how we see stuff, for instance a article/video from either Breitbart and Zeps site.

Instead of throwing around ad hominems, why not counter the arguments or claims made in the video he posted with LOGIC or evidence that destroys the video/articles claims or arguments.

[/quote]

Lefties don’t like logic ? I posted a Breitbart link on another thread showing how taxpayers got duped for another half billion for “green projects.” But we have Obama predicting the end of civilization by cutting 2% of the budget. [/quote]

Most new technologies need some source of government funding, like the internet which was created in the dynamic public sector.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

Do you footnote all of your posts?[/quote]

Can’t think of a time I was asked to provide a source and didn’t.

There was on recently where the person in the exchange wasn’t happy with my sources, and fair enough. His complains were valid in a way.

You on the other hand talk about all these things… All these studies… All these things people say and do, and fail to provide a single specific, every time you are asked.

I don’t even bother to make counter points with you anymore, particulary after you brushed off Canada as an example using the same reasons you said were invalid when I argued your point…

In fact, often enough, I don’t have to counter point your arguements, asking you to explain your position, with any level of detail past “talking point”, more often than not shows your points to be fruitless.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

Do you footnote all of your posts?[/quote]

Can’t think of a time I was asked to provide a source and didn’t.

There was on recently where the person in the exchange wasn’t happy with my sources, and fair enough. His complains were valid in a way.

You on the other hand talk about all these things… All these studies… All these things people say and do, and fail to provide a single specific, every time you are asked.

Never brushed off Canada. You have missed the fact that Canadian austerity is beginning to fail. Which isn’t surprising since austerity fails every time it’s tried. If your understanding of austerity is good for the economy.

I don’t even bother to make counter points with you anymore, particulary after you brushed off Canada as an example using the same reasons you said were invalid when I argued your point…

In fact, often enough, I don’t have to counter point your arguements, asking you to explain your position, with any level of detail past “talking point”, more often than not shows your points to be fruitless. [/quote]

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
You have missed the fact that Canadian austerity is beginning to fail. [/quote]

Fancy you just bring this up now… Funny you never mentioned it before. Care to show why you feel this way? hahahahha Of course you don’t.

Anyway…

Go ahead and blame policy from almost 20 years ago, that isn’t even still technically happening, because it already happened, about 17 years ago or so…

So yeah… Keep on keeping on. My 15 month old learns faster than this.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
You have missed the fact that Canadian austerity is beginning to fail. [/quote]

Fancy you just bring this up now… Funny you never mentioned it before. Care to show why you feel this way? hahahahha Of course you don’t.

Anyway…

Go ahead and blame policy from almost 20 years ago, that isn’t even still technically happening, because it already happened, about 17 years ago or so…

So yeah… Keep on keeping on. My 15 month old learns faster than this. [/quote]

No I did mention this a week ago but because you missed it…

I suppose it’s your right to reproduce. A shame though!

Care to show evidence to the contrary since you brought it up first? Or don’t you want to hold yourself to your own standards? Curious.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
You have missed the fact that Canadian austerity is beginning to fail. [/quote]

Fancy you just bring this up now… Funny you never mentioned it before. Care to show why you feel this way? hahahahha Of course you don’t.

Anyway…

Go ahead and blame policy from almost 20 years ago, that isn’t even still technically happening, because it already happened, about 17 years ago or so…

So yeah… Keep on keeping on. My 15 month old learns faster than this. [/quote]

No I did mention this a week ago but because you missed it…

I suppose it’s your right to reproduce. A shame though!

Care to show evidence to the contrary since you brought it up first? Or don’t you want to hold yourself to your own standards? Curious.[/quote]

Nice personal dig at my kids, I though you were above such low brow insults, but I guess not. GG

I brought up you ignoring it as evidence in the orginal conversation, I already linked the case in the orginal debate. You, months later, are refuting it with your typical fairy tale statements…

Do you understand debate?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
You have missed the fact that Canadian austerity is beginning to fail. [/quote]

Fancy you just bring this up now… Funny you never mentioned it before. Care to show why you feel this way? hahahahha Of course you don’t.

Anyway…

Go ahead and blame policy from almost 20 years ago, that isn’t even still technically happening, because it already happened, about 17 years ago or so…

So yeah… Keep on keeping on. My 15 month old learns faster than this. [/quote]

No I did mention this a week ago but because you missed it…

I suppose it’s your right to reproduce. A shame though!

Care to show evidence to the contrary since you brought it up first? Or don’t you want to hold yourself to your own standards? Curious.[/quote]

Nice personal dig at my kids, I though you were above such low brow insults, but I guess not. GG

I brought up you ignoring it as evidence in the orginal conversation, I already linked the case in the orginal debate. You, months later, are refuting it with your typical fairy tale statements…

Do you understand debate? [/quote]

You claim that Canada model of austerity is rebutting my argument against austerity yet you show no proof. But at the same time you berate people who don’t footnote their every post. Why?

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

You claim that Canada model of austerity is rebutting my argument against austerity yet you show no proof.[/quote]

No, you are misrepresenting what went on in the previous debate.

Allow me:

  1. You tried to say a small, oil rich south american country was comparable to the whole of the EU. And the EU shoudl do what they did.

  2. I said that claim is nuts because they two situations are very different.

  3. You rebutted with “nut ah” like 25 times.

  4. You then asked me to prove a time when austerity worked.

  5. I linked Canada

  6. You said the two situations weren’t comparable because the facts of the two cases were different.

  7. I lol’ed because you spent pages arguing that detail didn’t matter, then said the details of the canadian situation made it not comparable.

  8. Now you are sitting here trying to spin

I berate you. Other’s that have shown to not be full of shit consistantly, I take their word for it. Even people I disagree with, like the norwegian and french commies that lurk around here.