Olive Oil Instead of Fish/Flax?

in effort to save money, can i use a good quality olive oil instead of fish oil, flaxseed oil, etc. and get similar nutritional benefites?

Not the same type of fats… read up more on fats and youll understand.

Nope. Eat more canned sardines and tuna and salmon if you are trying to cut costs.

thx everyone for the input. i like the canned fish u mentioned, especially sardines but ill have to be careful of the gout i get from time to time.

Gout = Inflammation.

Omega3’s from flax and fish oil = Less inflammation.

Take your fish oil. :slight_smile:

Since gout can be worsened by alcohol consumption, you might want to lessen your drinking, if you drink alcohol at all.

fish oil supplements are probably cheaper than eating canned fish, you can get a ‘normal’ strength molecularly distilled fish oil blend from Trader Joe’s for about 8 dollars/90 caps that’s about half the concentration of Flameout (with no CLA). other cheap, distilled fish oil is available online too if you can’t spring for Flameout (which is actually not expensive considering its concentration)

i think i will go with Biotest’s Flameout. i am a cheap bastard (ask my wife) but some things are just worth the money. and buying from Biotest is the least i can do considering all the free training info i have access to on this site.

read this study :

Plourde M, Cunnane SC. Extremely limited synthesis of long chain polyunsaturates in adults: implications for their dietary essentiality and use as supplements. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007 Aug;32(4):619-34.

There is considerable interest in the potential impact of several polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in mitigating the significant morbidity and mortality caused by degenerative diseases of the cardiovascular system and brain. Despite this interest, confusion surrounds the extent of conversion in humans of the parent PUFA, linoleic acid or alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), to their respective long-chain PUFA products. As a result, there is uncertainty about the potential benefits of ALA versus eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) or docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Some of the confusion arises because although mammals have the necessary enzymes to make the long-chain PUFA from the parent PUFA, in vivo studies in humans show that asymptotically equal to 5% of ALA is converted to EPA and <0.5% of ALA is converted to DHA. Because the capacity of this pathway is very low in healthy, nonvegetarian humans, even large amounts of dietary ALA have a negligible effect on plasma DHA, an effect paralleled in the omega6 PUFA by a negligible effect of dietary linoleic acid on plasma arachidonic acid. Despite this inefficient conversion, there are potential roles in human health for ALA and EPA that could be independent of their metabolism to DHA through the desaturation - chain elongation pathway.

[quote]frodolives wrote:
i think i will go with Biotest’s Flameout. i am a cheap bastard (ask my wife) but some things are just worth the money. and buying from Biotest is the least i can do considering all the free training info i have access to on this site.[/quote]

This post is so obviously an advertisement for this site and its products—you guys should get some new writers, it’s just too blatant.

fish oil can replace the flax, not the olive oil because they are differnt types of fats.

[quote]dizzy101 wrote:
frodolives wrote:
i think i will go with Biotest’s Flameout. i am a cheap bastard (ask my wife) but some things are just worth the money. and buying from Biotest is the least i can do considering all the free training info i have access to on this site.

This post is so obviously an advertisement for this site and its products—you guys should get some new writers, it’s just too blatant.

[/quote]

I blatantly second frodolives post.

Biotest bribed me with 2 protein bars I found in one of my orders.