Ole' Fart Kickin' Much Butt!

I was going to place this in the “Over 35” Forum…but I thought that here would be cool…

Anyone watching “Survivor: Palau”?

Well…there is a 41 year old New York Firefighter on there who is kickin’ MOOCHO young ass!

As a matter of fact, last week, they had a one-on-one challenge where you had to push your opponent off a platform mostly by brute force…and I think Tom did it THREE TIMES with guys almost 1/2 his age!

WooHoo!

Zeb…there IS hope!

(Here is Tom’s Bio):

Mufasa

To TC and Shugs:

Wherever this guys ends up…you need to interview him when the show is over!

Mufasa

yeah, that guy is a badass. He destroyed every1 the other week when they had to walk in the water with the weighted packs on.

Tom most certainly is a Badass…!

He doesn’t look huge…it’s obvious that he has a shit-load of functional strength.

When pushing some of those younger guys off that platform, they looked almost like rag-dolls!

Mufasa

Mufasa:

Okay…what I don’t like is the 40 something lifters being associated with farts, as in “old farts.”

I don’t fart anymore now than I did when I was a 20 something…

As far as the 41 year old guy showing up all of those who are 20 years younger. That’s nothing new, it happens all the time. There is an age bias in this country. When you get over 40 (or even approach it) you get labled.

I think people who continue to train hard, eat right etc. only get stronger as they get older. To a point that is…then they eventually become an old far…oops…

Interesting point, Zeb…

The “Boomers”, their children and THEIR children should be interesting generations to watch as they “grow old” (especially those that have chosen the athletic/fitness/health Lifestyle…)

Just how long can “old age” be delayed?

It should be interesting…

Mufasa

This guy lives in the next town over from me. I might be able to track him down!

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Interesting point, Zeb…

The “Boomers”, their children and THEIR children should be interesting generations to watch as they “grow old” (especially those that have chosen the athletic/fitness/health Lifestyle…)

Just how long can “old age” be delayed?

It should be interesting…

Mufasa[/quote]

I think whenever you take a “statistical sample” of a populace you will come up with a larger percentage of 20 somethings who are in better condition than 40 somethings. However, it’s when you take it case by case that eyes are opened up!

A mistake would be for all 20 somethings to think that they can defeat all 40 somethings relative to fitness.

Look at it this way: How many 90 year olds can drop and do 90 Push-ups in a row? Jack LaLane did it on his 90th birthday! In fact, how many 20 somethings can drop and do 90 Push-ups in a row?

More a matter of focus and training than age…

I think Zeb is close to the truth. It’s a matter of state of mind. The older athlete is usually more seasoned and confident in his abilities. Cockiness aside, knowing you can do something is a helluva lot different than thinking you can do something.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1110726283647.couture07.jpg

42 and still kickin’ mucho ass! Captain America lives!

Survivor is still on TV?

Holy shit. What are they on now? Survivor 63?

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
Survivor is still on TV?

Holy shit. What are they on now? Survivor 63?[/quote]

342 to be exact.

One thing that has been rather cool about this “Survivor” is that the tribe that Tom is on is much older as a whole than the other tribe…

This “older” tribe has in turn won all of their immunity challenges!

You guys talk about “state-of-mind”? At least a few of their wins have been that they simply outsmarted the younger tribe…

Others…it was “brain” and “brawn”…

The last one that Tom one? Pure brute force…

You guys should check this one out!

Mufasa