T Nation

Older SOF Looking for a New Edge

Hi all, i have been researching on the internet about different pro-hormones and AAS and I have to admit much of it is overwhelming.
I’m looking for a little advice so ill explain my situation. I am a 29 year old JTAC (TACP) For the air force. I deploy primarily with army units. Specifically 75th RR guys because i went through ranger school when I was 23 to earn the position I am in now.

When i came into SOF 10 years ago the field was not so competitive as it is today. This new era of TACP graduates is alien to me with all their supplements and shakes and pills. Getting to a point where the beating i have been putting on my body is slowing me down and I am losing the edge my additional training has been giving me over many of the more “high speed” younger guys.

i am looking for something, whether it be pro-hormone, or aas that can keep me where I am without beating on my body too much. I read about painful “pumps” many of these thing can give you while running and that is a major no-go for me. I need to be able to maintain the 8 miles a day I run not including all the running we do in full gear during training and exercises.

Anavar, winstrol, and equipoise sounded the most in tune with what I am hoping to accomplish. I dont need to get bigger, but i do want to get faster and stronger. Or at a minimum significantly boost my bodys ability to recover.

I am 6 foot 1, 195 pounds, and have been training ard since i entered the program 10 years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey man we have similar back grounds as I was attached to NSW for 10 years and am now a Tier 2 operator. I will PM you where we can chat about what worked for me while active.

Hopefully popeye squares you away, but for the record i love you JTAC’s (no homo) making it rain and with the really cool gear our unit would never pay for…

diddo, some of us would not be hear if not for JTAC…

Let me know if that pm came though to you, been having problems lately with PM’s.

Hey popeye, I’m not particularly familiar with the way the messaging works here but the only one I can see as of right now is my “welcome to tnation” message.

Thanks for your quick responses guys, I was kind of on the fence about what kind of responses I would get being a military guy with just about no knowledge about supplements or aas cycles. Seems like on a lot of these forums the new guys spend more time getting ripped on than good advice ha.

Ghillie,

Sir, lovingly, you SOF dudes are freaking beasts! C’mon brotha. I am not white, grey, or black, but am a little familiar with that community. Okay, I get father time is catching up.

Have you talked to any 18D’s that are familiar with what you are looking for? Bottom line, get your labs and start with TRT. You would be amazed at what a little blood work and fine tuning will do.

Best!

Guess the pm’s still not working, sucks. I will try to keep this short. Yes as mentioned above get your lab work done. Your diet and training will dictate gaining weight not AAS itself.

Same rules apply to us as with any other athlete except two major differences:

-No drugs that kill cardio and cause pumps. (individuals can differ on what gives them pumps)
-No drugs that inhibit blood clotting for obvious reasons

I would research something like

Test 500mg a week
Eq 400mg a week
Oral Turinabol 60mg a day. (tbol can still give pumps in a small percentage of guys)

Also look into peptides. Great for healing and recovery. All the hard landings, PLF’s and training injuries add up over the years and things like GHRP-6, CJC and TB500 go a long way to heal your body and help make it “younger” again.

When you buy clomid and nolva, buy an extra full PCT worth and stick it in your “go bag” in the event you leave or get called out abruptly.

Lots of experienced guys on here that will help out man so ask plenty of questions if you cant find an answer.

Rog, ill look into a getting the stuff i need to do a cycle like that. How many weeks is it safe to do that much? Ive read that for first timers doing that much can wreak havoc on you. Also will i need something to take during it that prevents the build up of estrogen? Lastly when i cycle down when exactly do i start on the clomid and for how long? And when after all of that do i spin up to another cycle?

Sorry for all the questions im just trying to wrap my head around the step by step process.

@Hormonal, thanks for the compliment, getting through TACP isnt about being a beast its just about deciding quitting is never an option. I know more than a few guys that left my class way back when or cross trained out of the career field who were way more fit than myself. Its just a job that people attribute a lot of glory to. When it comes down to it we dont do anything more dangerous or difficult down range than most combat units we imbed with. Though i would say most of our fellow airman are pretty soft haha. (I like the army guys better, theyve got a whole lot less quit in them)

For on cycle, I prefer adex start with .5 eod adjust as needed. Pct for a cycle like that would be 2 weeks after last inject. I would stay off cycle as long as you stayed on. So 10 week cycle plus 4 week pct stay off for 14 weeks. As for the go bag I put my meds in supplement pill bottles in case of “health and welfare” inspection, research pharms are a little more difficult to hide.

Ok thanks for all the pointers, i guess my last question has to do woth my tdy’s. i tdy fairly often, if my cycle gets interrupted by me going somewhere i wont have the privacy necesssary (lets say 4 weeks in for example) and i find out i have to be ready to leave in a week, would it harm me if i switched straight into my pct and took extra meds for that week knowing i wont be able to bring them with me? Or will just a one week pct mess up my testicles

Yeah this is where it gets interesting when tdy and unknown length of travel get involved. If you know your going to be home for 3-4 months you can run a reg cycle no worries.

Some things I did was use all fast acting esters so if I was called out, the gear could clear quickly and begin pct. You can PCT anywhere.

If I used long esters and was going in the field for training for a week or two and coming straight back I would just double dose before leaving. Meaning I would inject two weeks worth of injections before walking out the door. Not optimum for blood levels but enough that you don’t come off and have a crash.

All these options you will have to think over and find what suits you best. Maybe a test/tbol 10 weeker that you can run un- interrupted.

Also, Im assuming at least your TCCC or above like myself so now one looks or thinks about the meds/needles we carry around. (HINT)

Well in terms of deployments im not worried, my biggest thing is ive been getting geared up to go to air assault, and possibly CPEC (this is the air forces version of sniper. Its not job relevant but i might be getting sent as a personal favor because i would like to do SWAT when i get out)

Both schools are about three weeks long and could come along at a random time within the next year. With this sequestration theres no hard times for when funding will be good to go and the opportunity could suddenly pop ip at a momenys notice. If i double dosed the week before i left would i be safe to resume my cycle 3 weeks later? Or would my body start getting whacked out after missing a week or two?
By the way for my first cycle i think im just going to do test and add the eq in the next cycle and the tbol the cycle after that.

Or would it be more safe to just hit myself up with my pct real hard before i left. I remember way back when in airborne they bag dragged all our shit and i imagine it will be the same for air assault.

Yeah dont pass up CPEC, thats good money when you get out as a DM if you cross over to the dark side.

I think you would be fine with just a test cycle, get a feel for things and how to pct properly. You will have a little more leeway I’d imagine with AA/CPEC training as to personal items but worst case scenario you just come off and PCT when you get back. I have had to do this several times with 90/30 day rotations in country.

But to answer your question I have been on AAS and left for weeks or a month and then just jumped right back on with no pct. Its basically starting your cycle over and over. Not ideal but we dont exactly have ideal lives. The benefits still out way the negatives for me.

Having said that I will probably be on some form of TRT the rest of my life how ever long that may be in our chosen career paths, so its something to think about.

Im not trying to talk you into or out off AAS just making it clear that we wont usually get to use the drugs in the safest preferred method and therefore run a greater chance of negative impact on our bodies.

I too am an “operator” and I have recently been fighting with the doc for blood tests. I am now on trt. Just finished the week of trt. Hands down the best thing I could have done. Was in the same boat as you. Felt burnt and not keeping up to the younger boys. Body not recoverin, injuries makin me feel worse.

Would consider a test cycle if I plateau out again. But i feel 5 years have erased off this frame just from trt.

[quote]strength_forever wrote:
I too am an “operator” and I have recently been fighting with the doc for blood tests. I am now on trt. Just finished the week of trt. Hands down the best thing I could have done. Was in the same boat as you. Felt burnt and not keeping up to the younger boys. Body not recoverin, injuries makin me feel worse.

Would consider a test cycle if I plateau out again. But i feel 5 years have erased off this frame just from trt. [/quote]

Were just like cars, after so many miles we need a tune up

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:

[quote]strength_forever wrote:

Would consider a test cycle if I plateau out again. But i feel 5 years have erased off this frame just from trt. [/quote]

Were just like cars, after so many miles we need a tune up [/quote]

LOL. And a bolt on supercharger!

Yeah but now at 34 Im “high speed high drag”.

Or high speed lots O’ drag or high speed with rust, however you wanna put it

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yeah this is where it gets interesting when tdy and unknown length of travel get involved. If you know your going to be home for 3-4 months you can run a reg cycle no worries.

Some things I did was use all fast acting esters so if I was called out, the gear could clear quickly and begin pct. You can PCT anywhere.

If I used long esters and was going in the field for training for a week or two and coming straight back I would just double dose before leaving. Meaning I would inject two weeks worth of injections before walking out the door. Not optimum for blood levels but enough that you don’t come off and have a crash.

All these options you will have to think over and find what suits you best. Maybe a test/tbol 10 weeker that you can run un- interrupted.

Also, Im assuming at least your TCCC or above like myself so now one looks or thinks about the meds/needles we carry around. (HINT)[/quote]
The hint is spot on, I would typically carry numerous pill bags, needles etc. Throw pre-filled syringes in with a bunch of saline injections, or take a label off an old injectable vial like diphenhydramine. Typically no one looks that closely.

yep, taking apart and back filling epi pens work great too.

Yeah throwing stuff into a cls bag is pretty damn smart. But i often share my bag with the unit medic and the last thing i need him to do is shoot up somebody with the wrong stuff haha. Ill probably break down my IFAK and replace stuff or add on to it. It pretty easy to print fake medicine labels these days